0 0%
  • Floyd Mayweather by KO

6 31.58%
  • Floyd Mayweather by decision

3 15.79%
  • I'm not watching and don't care

10 52.63%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

Re: Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather....

So, when is Mayweather-McGregor II going to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    So, when is Mayweather-McGregor II going to happen?
    Its a shame that Andre the Giant isnt still around.
    "This isnít stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    As fights go, this that thing was never in doubt. Mayweather absolutely controlled the thing and probably could've picked his round beginning with the 5th. As boxing goes this was a total butt kicking and domination. It was more a sparring match than a real contest. How this thing generated so much interest and money is beyond me.
    Hate goes a long way. People HATE Floyd - for a few different reasons. Some are far more valid than others.

Then there is the whole "MMA guy" who just wanted their guy do it. Were they delusional? Yes. I watched the fight last night with a buddy who is big into MMA. He's trained as a few years in his life, though hasn't done it for about 2-3 years. Had a few amateur fights. He gets it. And yet, he was excited for it and thought that Conor had a chance. When push came to shove, so to speak, and I asked him if he had to bet every penny he's got on the fight, he said he'd take Floyd, no doubt. But he also seemed to think that Conor had a "much better chance" than I did. I told him that if the odds were set to what experts actually thought, rather than what they thought people would put sort of even money on, it would be 1000/1. I don't think my friend falls into that "MMA guy" thing that it seems a lot of social media tells me are out there - but a lot of them seemed to have an incredible misunderstanding of the level of skill required for this. Even today, they are delusional about what they watched.

I still think that if Floyd wanted to end that thing in the 1st round, he could have. When he wanted to land heavy shots, he did. And when he did, he moved Conor with them.

Two things surprised me about the fight: That Floyd literally didn't throw punches for three rounds to start the fight. That Floyd didn't go to the body hardly at all.

Of course, I still think that while the fix wasn't in on this thing at all, that Conor knew he had a one-in-a-million chance to actually win this thing and that Floyd, at no point, was ever worried about this fight and carried it far enough for people to feel like they got something from it.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-27-2017)

This sums up every thought I had basically:

http://deadspin.com/floyd-mayweather...ain-1798474411
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

7. Likes:

dougdirt (08-27-2017)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

About what I expected. If the cardio was there, I don't believe Floyd would have finished him, though he probably could have a few rounds earlier here. Floyd himself barely a broke a sweat. Conor definitely landed some shots earlier on, though I was surprised how little power there was behind them.

It's a win-win for both of them, let's be honest. Huge payday, Floyd passes Marciano, and Conor has his Rocky moment. Your casual fans aren't at all thinking of Conor as a stiff after this. He's got more followers now than ever before...

...and Aldo is still salty AF (his twitter reaction). Conor broke him.
    Last edited by Ohayou; 08-27-2017 at 05:48 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

9. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-27-2017)

Turn Off Ads?