Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 67 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

Figured the other one is at over 1,000 now so time for a new one.

The Burfict suspension is basically in a nutshell why I am losing interest in the NFL. Between the inconsistencies of the suspensions being handed out by the Emperor Roger Goodell and some things better suited for the other board.

At this point I'd be happy if Burfict only played two games all season (Steelers) and was a modern day goon. Sad reality is if the Bengals ever waived Burfict Pittsburgh wouldn't hesitate to scoop him up and he would be a model player moving forward.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

Speaking of linebackers:

The Enquirer learned through multiple league sources that the Bengals sent reserve linebacker Marquis Flowers to the Patriots for a seventh-round pick.

Flowers, 25, was a sixth-round pick of the Bengals in 2014 out of Arizona. He played in 16 games and made one start in his rookie year, but missed all of 2015 with a shoulder injury suffered in the preseason.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    He'll be an All-Pro.

Not a big Marvin Lewis fan, but he won some points from me today with his defense of Burfict and the play in question:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ous/613100001/

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Not a big Marvin Lewis fan, but he won some points from me today with his defense of Burfict and the play in question:

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/spor...ous/613100001/
    That is good to see. Marvin usually says nothing in his press conferences. This is a worthy change

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Figured the other one is at over 1,000 now so time for a new one.

The Burfict suspension is basically in a nutshell why I am losing interest in the NFL. Between the inconsistencies of the suspensions being handed out by the Emperor Roger Goodell and some things better suited for the other board.

At this point I'd be happy if Burfict only played two games all season (Steelers) and was a modern day goon. Sad reality is if the Bengals ever waived Burfict Pittsburgh wouldn't hesitate to scoop him up and he would be a model player moving forward.
    The league has made a mockery of football and due to it, I didn't watch a single snap last season. Deadspin had a good piece on this and cited the new rule and just how ridiculous this (along with all other new rules) have become. They don't give any definitive answers but rather open up the rule book to allow the referees to use their own judgement and interpretation when calling these plays. In the end, you have referees deciding the outcome of games and fans bickering for or against calls (depending on what the outcome of the subjective call will be). Meanwhile the league can come back and say "Hey look...we did something to help ensure player safety (LOL)." In the end, it's just one step closer to the NFL becoming the NBA on turf.

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Bengals placed Cedric Peerman on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.

A standout on special teams, this is a loss for the Bengals. With Peerman out, undrafted sophomore Tra Carson could crack the initial roster.

Source: Katherine Terrell on Twitter

Well, that takes care of the Carson/Peerman battle.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Bengals placed Cedric Peerman on injured reserve with a shoulder injury.

A standout on special teams, this is a loss for the Bengals. With Peerman out, undrafted sophomore Tra Carson could crack the initial roster.

Source: Katherine Terrell on Twitter

Well, that takes care of the Carson/Peerman battle.
    Peerman has been in the league for ten seasons, mostly as a good ST player. If the Bengals can't find someone younger, faster, and with more upside than Peerman they are in trouble. I thought it was a HUGE mistake last season to activate Peerman instead of WJ3.

This may actually end up a positive for the Bengals getting a little younger.

Browns cut Joe Haden today and the Steelers are the early favorites to sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Browns cut Joe Haden today and the Steelers are the early favorites to sign him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just heard Louis Riddick say that he is an aging CB with nagging injuries and just isn't that good anymore.

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (08-30-2017)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Ha. He'll be awesome.

Actually he graded out pretty well, just not good enough for the money he is earning.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    NFL becoming the NBA on turf.
    I legitimately wish the NFL was run as well as the NBA.

The NFL has a deeply stupid group of owners with a bad commissioner.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I legitimately wish the NFL was run as well as the NBA.

The NFL has a deeply stupid group of owners with a bad commissioner.
    You mean the same NBA in which nothing matters until Game 1 of the Finals?

16. Likes:

Joseph (09-14-2017),Sea Ray (08-30-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    You mean the same NBA in which nothing matters until Game 1 of the Finals?
    And the teams in the Finals accumulated all of what, one playoff loss in getting there? That's some real exciting games...

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Ha. He'll be awesome.

Actually he graded out pretty well, just not good enough for the money he is earning.
    If the Steelers get him on the cheap and he stays healthy, they are basically shoring up their one weakness in pass defense.

Turn Off Ads?