Turn Off Ads?
Page 62 of 67 FirstFirst ... 1252585960616263646566 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

Re: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

If it's any consolation ...... Green won that fight (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Likes:

traderumor (11-07-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Moral victories!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Burfict won the fight against Antonio Brown, same result on the field.

Id rather see real victories as opposed to moral victories.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

6. Likes:

Chip R (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I think too many people calling for the suspension, at least in the national media, is just lazy journalism.

If AJ had the track record of the other guy on the same team who plays defense, I could see it, but what we saw isn’t who AJ is and he even apologized for it after the game.

If anything, if they did suspend Green, Ramsey would have to be as well for going into the Bengals locker room to continue the fight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Same with the people saying Ramsey was blameless for the fight. I mean, it takes like two seconds to think, "Huh, I've seen AJ Green for 7 years and never seen him react this way, and then not think there was something else going on."

The same talking heads who are all too happy to fall back on Vontaze's reputation as an excuse to point fingers at him don't do the same for Green's reputation? It's annoying.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

8. Likes:

HeatherC1212 (11-08-2017),Kingspoint (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Same with the people saying Ramsey was blameless for the fight. I mean, it takes like two seconds to think, "Huh, I've seen AJ Green for 7 years and never seen him react this way, and then not think there was something else going on."

The same talking heads who are all too happy to fall back on Vontaze's reputation as an excuse to point fingers at him don't do the same for Green's reputation? It's annoying.
    While both Green and Ramsey are primary to blame for the fight, this is what happens when officials fail to control the game. Had they gotten the taunting and trash talking under control, there wouldn't have been the dust up at the end of the half.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-07-2017),RiverRat13 (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    While both Green and Ramsey are primary to blame for the fight, this is what happens when officials fail to control the game. Had they gotten the taunting and trash talking under control, there wouldn't have been the dust up at the end of the half.
    Yep, notice no flag was thrown when Ramsey shoved him hard. And it wasn't coming. You have to ask why not?
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Burfict won the fight against Antonio Brown, same result on the field.

I’d rather see real victories as opposed to moral victories.
    He's a Browns fan. Moral victories are all he knows
    Last edited by traderumor; 11-07-2017 at 01:03 PM.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

13. Likes:

Chip R (11-07-2017)

I'm glad to read some folks with sense on the Green fight. Lofton, what did the Bengals ever to do him? Or did he just get the league memo that "remember the ongoing theme that the Bengals are a dirty team full of criminals, so anything that happens in the game is because it is the Bengals and that is what they do." Of course, Boomer once again mounted his high horse and also wanted to know how the poor innocent DB could get thrown out. That self-righteous act of Boomer's is despicable, by the way.

However, a culture does need to change. Teams exploit every week our guys who are chippy by nature and egg them on until they snap. Either the refs control it (which they obviously will not) or we work on drafting and signing players who know how to play good football without falling for all the instigating behavior that teams make a part of their game plan now.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

15. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-08-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I'm glad to read some folks with sense on the Green fight. Lofton, what did the Bengals ever to do him? Or did he just get the league memo that "remember the ongoing theme that the Bengals are a dirty team full of criminals, so anything that happens in the game is because it is the Bengals and that is what they do." Of course, Boomer once again mounted his high horse and also wanted to know how the poor innocent DB could get thrown out. That self-righteous act of Boomer's is despicable, by the way.

However, a culture does need to change. Teams exploit every week our guys who are chippy by nature and egg them on until they snap. Either the refs control it (which they obviously will not) or we work on drafting and signing players who know how to play good football without falling for all the instigating behavior that teams make a part of their game plan now.
    Its the NFL. If you what choir boys you draft guys like AJ Green!

Bengals get a bad rap because of Burfict and Jones. The rest of the team you hardly ever hear boo out of. Heck the Bengals got more flack for drafting Mixon than for what type of person Mixon has actually been in his first year in the league. Anymore in sport, the league and reporters want to sell you a narrative, even if that narrative doesn't fit. The league has run with Von Miller as a spokesperson, but they often forget that he is the same guy who failed a PED test and then tired to bribe the test handler to bury the test. Yea, classy guy.

17. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Its the NFL. If you what choir boys you draft guys like AJ Green!

Bengals get a bad rap because of Burfict and Jones. The rest of the team you hardly ever hear boo out of. Heck the Bengals got more flack for drafting Mixon than for what type of person Mixon has actually been in his first year in the league. Anymore in sport, the league and reporters want to sell you a narrative, even if that narrative doesn't fit. The league has run with Von Miller as a spokesperson, but they often forget that he is the same guy who failed a PED test and then tired to bribe the test handler to bury the test. Yea, classy guy.
    I hear you, but I see the actions on the fields, and there are a lot of guys who cannot play football without committing major fouls at the worst times that show a lack of discipline.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

He's a Browns fan. Moral victories are all he knows
    Amen! LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I don't think this will help much but the Bengals have resigned Eric Winston. Don't know if that is because Fisher is still sick from last week or just in general the offensive line being awful

I guess this is Fisher's illness. I am not sure what is wrong with him but he has been put on IR it is so serious

Paul Dehner Jr.‏Verified account @pauldehnerjr 25m25 minutes ago
    More
    #Bengals announce Jake Fisher going on injured reserve with a non-football illness that sent him to hospital Sunday. They re-sign Eric Winston to take his place.
    So that means the rotation they have been doing is now kind of out. This makes Andre Smith the starter at RT and Obbuehi at LT and Winston will be the backup
    Last edited by Reds Fanatic; 11-08-2017 at 11:15 AM.

NFL fined Green $42,000, no fine for Ramsey.

A.J. Green gets large fine, won’t appeal it

Green told reporters on Thursday that he was fined $42,000 by the league.

FULL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-for-ejection/

Does it begin, if it's even possible, with clamping down harder on trash talk? That's what started the Green-Ramsey fight IMO. Ramsey got under his skin.

http://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonvill...-trash-talking

When it comes to trash-talking, Jalen Ramsey considers himself an expert. He'll call opposing players soft. He'll tell them their career is over. He'll tell them their stats, especially if they're not very good. He'll pretty much say anything he can think of to get under their skin. He'll be funny, then he'll be serious. But he won't be personal. That's his limit.

Ramsey trash-talked receiver A.J. Green pretty much nonstop last Sunday during the first half of the Jaguars' game against Cincinnati at EverBank Field, but he did not say anything derogatory about Green's family.... I called him weak. I called him soft. I was yelling out the stats: 'You've got one [catch] for 8 [yards] right now. That's what I kept saying. It turned out to be one for 6 but I kept telling him, 'You only got one for 8; your time's almost up.' "He started saying a little stuff back like, 'I've been doing it seven years straight.' I'm like, 'You ain't doing it this game.' "
    Last edited by GAC; 11-11-2017 at 04:58 AM.

Dave Lapham was talking about John Ross on the radio this week and said that he's not looking good in practice. He said that he was practicing "slow" due to his having to think too much and that's taking away his biggest asset. His speed. It seems to me that his speed can still take over once he gets the ball but it does seem like this isn't all about Marvin not playing a rookie. There are some issues here.

Turn Off Ads?