Turn Off Ads?
Page 52 of 67 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

Re: 2017 Bengals Season (Nobody's Burfict Edition)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    On the flip-side, T.Y Hilton was basically invisible with 2 catches for 15 yards.

That's a winning trade-off for the Bengals D.
    No WR this season has more than 65 yards against the Bengals' Defense despite the Offense's failure to control time-of-possession.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Revering4Blue (10-30-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I think Tony C. is correct....John Ross looks like a Brown pick (who is not succeeding) while the Offensive lineman look like Marvin picks (who are not succeeding) and you wonder if their failure is an attempt at confirming their own choices.

Andy's body language after he threw the touchdown to Malone was really odd -- he could've got drilled in the ribs and i think it would've been a legal hit --the rusher pulled up and spared his life. Did Dalton overthrow his intended receiver and it somehow find it's way to Malone? That throw was a dying duck. I saw maybe 2 running plays where the line got some push - i can't see how Dalton has survived so far this year. Btw, Lapham always talks about having Dalton roll out (because of the rush) and create some throwing lane space....Dalton does not throw well on the run-it looks like poor footwork -he looks Jeterish (yeah, i made up a word) to me -he doesn't set to make the throw--it looks like a back foot throw.
    Great posts by everyone today.

Guess whose O-Line has given up the highest rate of pressure this season? It's usually the Seahawks every year, but this year it's Houston. The point is a very good Quarterback can outperform his Line such as Wilson, Brady, Watson and Rodgers. Too bad our Scouts didn't convince Mike Brown to draft Watson. Ours are as much at fault as Cleveland's for passing him up.

Houston's backs aren't getting holes to run through, either, averaging I believe only 3.6 yds per carry.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    On the flip-side, T.Y Hilton was basically invisible with 2 catches for 15 yards.

That's a winning trade-off for the Bengals D.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    No WR this season has more than 65 yards against the Bengals' Defense despite the Offense's failure to control time-of-possession.
    That's same old, same old for the Bengals

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    That's same old, same old for the Bengals
    They brought in a LB last year (Dansby) and this year (Minter...an honestly true Free Agent attempt by the Bengals to fix a glaring problem) to take care of the TE coverage issue.

Minter missed Sunday's game (elbow) and has quickly been ruled out for next week, per Hobson. I thought I saw him play against Indy, but I'll go with what Hobson said until I confirm it. Burfict moved to MIKE, and I think he was mostly responsible for the RB. On passing downs, Minter normally switches with Burfict from the MIKE and covers the TE but Sunday Burfict played MIKE the entire day. Rey or Virgil probably covered Doyle all day.

If Minter is being ruled out this quickly, it must be a bad injury.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 10-31-2017 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Great posts by everyone today.

Guess whose O-Line has given up the highest rate of pressure this season? It's usually the Seahawks every year, but this year it's Houston. The point is a very good Quarterback can outperform his Line such as Wilson, Brady, Watson and Rodgers. Too bad our Scouts didn't convince Mike Brown to draft Watson. Ours are as much at fault as Cleveland's for passing him up.

Houston's backs aren't getting holes to run through, either, averaging I believe only 3.6 yds per carry.
    It would have been a hard sell to draft Watson, especially when you have two capable QB's on the roster. Truthfully I think they should have traded down or drafted the best OL possible.

Watson looks dynamic right now but lets hold anointing him until he plays a full season in which teams have the book on him. Not saying he won't be good, just a little caution.

The Seahawks with Wilson have always had a terrible line, but Wilson is just so good at moving around. Same with Rodgers, but that went poof this season. Brady is good in the pocket and he gets the ball out quickly.

Dalton looks to have happy feet this year, I think some of it is reasonable, some of it is on him, and some of it is on the play calling. Now watch the line go out and play great against a top notch defense.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    It would have been a hard sell to draft Watson, especially when you have two capable QB's on the roster. Truthfully I think they should have traded down or drafted the best OL possible.

Watson looks dynamic right now but lets hold anointing him until he plays a full season in which teams have the book on him. Not saying he won't be good, just a little caution.

The Seahawks with Wilson have always had a terrible line, but Wilson is just so good at moving around. Same with Rodgers, but that went poof this season. Brady is good in the pocket and he gets the ball out quickly.

Dalton looks to have happy feet this year, I think some of it is reasonable, some of it is on him, and some of it is on the play calling. Now watch the line go out and play great against a top notch defense.
    That would have signaled the front office and/or Marvin catastrophically screwed up a couple years ago with their first two selections being busts. For as frugal as Mike Brown is, Marvin Lewis is just as stubborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    That would have signaled the front office and/or Marvin catastrophically screwed up a couple years ago with their first two selections being busts. For as frugal as Mike Brown is, Marvin Lewis is just as stubborn.
    They have a tendency to draft first round CB's, Kilpatrick, Dennard, and WJ3. Not sure that if that fits this narrative.

I think stubbornness led to the Bengals thinking both Ced and Jake Fisher were ready, but I don't exactly think it was frugal Mike Brown.

11. Likes:

Kingspoint (10-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    They have a tendency to draft first round CB's, Kilpatrick, Dennard, and WJ3. Not sure that if that fits this narrative.

I think stubbornness led to the Bengals thinking both Ced and Jake Fisher were ready, but I don't exactly think it was frugal Mike Brown.
    I don't think it's a matter of whether they're ready. It's a matter of whether they're any good at all. They are in their 3rd year. They either suck or their coaching sucks. Seeing as how Whitworth and Zeigler didn't suck, I'm going with the former

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Ease him back in the line-up??????????????? Did you see Marvin's dismissive quote following the game yesterday that Ross only dressed because Core was out and that he wasn't at all a part of the gameplan?

Marvin is an oozing sore.
    Don't take this as a defense of Marvin or of any coaching tactics.
    But In general, I try to ignore what coaches say pretty much all the time.
    I assume there's something going on behind the scenes so I don't take the comments at face value. But I don't know what that behind the scenes action is so I don't place any evaluation on any speculation into that.
    So really, listening to the coaches' comments is almost always useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

14. Likes:

bucksfan2 (10-31-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Don't take this as a defense of Marvin or of any coaching tactics.
    But In general, I try to ignore what coaches say pretty much all the time.
    I assume there's something going on behind the scenes so I don't take the comments at face value. But I don't know what that behind the scenes action is so I don't place any evaluation on any speculation into that.
    So really, listening to the coaches' comments is almost always useless.
    Direct answers to direct questions, I will choose to take those at face value. He specifically said that Ross only dressed because Core was out. That is...INSANE. Marvin is insane. This team is being coached by a crazy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I don't think it's a matter of whether they're ready. It's a matter of whether they're any good at all. They are in their 3rd year. They either suck or their coaching sucks. Seeing as how Whitworth and Zeigler didn't suck, I'm going with the former
    As an Offensive Lineman, especially in the Bengals' Alexander scheme, you need to spend at least two full seasons in the weight room at the professional level before you can be effective at all, and I've read too many reports about how so many of their linemen don't get this. They only suggest it to them, but they have to do it on their own and on their own time. Fisher was never this type of player when they drafted him, which was questionable because of it at the time, as he fits a different system, while Ogbuehi had a horrible injury history, not something which leads to him liking or committing himself to the weightroom, never mind him having never had any history of success at LT. They drafted Ogbuehi for his measurables and expected Alexander to turn him into a LT. They couldn’t even turn him into a RT.

Per Adam Schefter, the Bengals and Browns had a deal in place for McCarron, but couldn't get it in to the league office in time to beat the 4:00 deadline... No surprise for either organization.

Looks like the Bengals and Browns were working on a trade that involved AJ McCarron:

Report: Bengals, Browns “close” on A.J. McCarron trade
    Posted by Josh Alper on October 31, 2017, 4:47 PM EDT

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Browns were “close” to making a deal with the Bengals for A.J. McCarron, but weren’t able to get it finalized.

FULL: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ccarron-trade/

lol that's amazing
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

I'm not buying that. If they really wanted to get it done, a deal would have happened. Somebody got cold feet

Turn Off Ads?