2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Brewers @ Reds 9-4-17

Quote Originally Posted by Homer's Ghost View Post
    Give him a lifetime extension
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    On pace for 69-93.
    Nice
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Sure they do.

"He hit the ball in the air again. He needs to hit it on the ground."
    LOL....yeah, Billy just doesn't get it.

When was the last truly awful start from the Reds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

6. Likes:

Ron Madden (09-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    When was the last truly awful start from the Reds?
    Let's not dwell on the past. We've extended our winning manager, We get six innings from our starters (until the newly-extended manager tries to stretch them to seven without success), and we're 1-2 in the last three games. Let's brag .

I get your point, Chip. It's been awhile. I guess that's something to brag on after this year
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Today's Joe Nuxhall Star of the Game is Billy Hamilton, who was 2-for-5 with a single and a game-winning solo HR with two outs in the bottom of the 9th.
    Love the HR, but, as usual, Billy was even more awesome on defense. He threw that runner out at home when I had it chalked up as a run, but the most overlooked play may have been when Schebler went to the turf to try and catch a looper (the second time, not the double) and Billy was right there to pick it up and hold the guy to a single. With most CF, that ball is probably a triple. People that want him to sit in favor of Schebler or Ervin playing more in CF need to be careful what they wish for..

Finding a legit CF who can back-up Billy and possibly transition to the starting role once Billy leaves town needs to be on the to do list this winter. A legit starting pitcher who isn't a question mark, a consistently effective late inning reliever and a CF are the top three needs for this team. That's a pretty heavy to do list for one off-season without even considering the muddy picture at SS and the probable need for a solid 50 start per year catcher.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

9. Likes:

Big Klu (09-04-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    A legit starting pitcher who isn't a question mark.
    No such animal exists.

Video of Billy Hamilton's Walk-Off HR..

https://www.mlb.com/reds/video/hamil...n/c-1809379583
    Last edited by Ron Madden; 09-04-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    No such animal exists.
    Ok. I'll rephrase. A legit starting pitcher that has only the normal question marks attached to him and not extra ones associated with injuries, long lay-offs, unproven effectiveness and small sample sizes.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Love the HR, but, as usual, Billy was even more awesome on defense. He threw that runner out at home when I had it chalked up as a run, but the most overlooked play may have been when Schebler went to the turf to try and catch a looper (the second time, not the double) and Billy was right there to pick it up and hold the guy to a single. With most CF, that ball is probably a triple. People that want him to sit in favor of Schebler or Ervin playing more in CF need to be careful what they wish for..

Finding a legit CF who can back-up Billy and possibly transition to the starting role once Billy leaves town needs to be on the to do list this winter.
    Yes, Billy's great! And you just fired-off a number of his accomplishments today...then in the next breath you talk about the need to get ready for when he "leaves town"... Billy is just 26 years old and right in the heart of the rebuilding effort. Why is he leaving town ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Yes, Billy's great! And you just fired-off a number of his accomplishments today...then in the next breath you talk about the need to get ready for when he "leaves town"... Billy is just 26 years old and right in the heart of the rebuilding effort. Why is he leaving town ?
    Two years until free agency. Time to start looking for the replacement now. To get a decent return, probably the 2018 July deadline is the time to deal him. If the pitchers get it together and they contend, they can keep him, but they still need a legit CF for when he sits. Given his body type and style of play that is probably ideally 30 to 35 times per season. Not a fan of Schebler or Ervin out there that much.
    Last edited by mth123; 09-04-2017 at 08:43 PM.

Two years until free agency. Time to start looking for the replacement now. To get a decent return, probably the 2018 July deadline is the time to deal him. If the pitchers get it together and they contend, they can keep him, but they still need a legit CF for when he sits. Given his body type and style of play that is probably ideally 30 to 35 times per season. Not a fan of Schebler or Ervin out there that much.
    Trading Hamilton, do you really think the Reds could get a starting pitcher that would make a difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by Maldez View Post
    Trading Hamilton, do you really think the Reds could get a starting pitcher that would make a difference ?
    Nope they'd probably get prospects who might make a difference in a couple of years. That's why you wait until the deadline and see how it's going. Contending? Keep him. Flailing again? Go ahead and deal him.

Turn Off Ads?