Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: B1G Football Discussion

B1G Football Discussion

Well, it looks like Lagow might be out as the IU QB as he got benched today. Big win for the Hoosiers.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Re: B1G Football Discussion

Big Ten Rankings & Scores: After Week 2

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/...s-after-week-2
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well, it looks like Lagow might be out as the IU QB as he got benched today. Big win for the Hoosiers.
    The poor start aside last week, I'm not convinced IU's better with Ramsey than with Legow at this point. I think it still makes sense to start with Legow and bring Ramsey in for some spot duty.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    The poor start aside last week, I'm not convinced IU's better with Ramsey than with Legow at this point. I think it still makes sense to start with Legow and bring Ramsey in for some spot duty.
    Lagow is the starter. Allen announced it.

And I thought Franklin was a stand-up guy?

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-foo...h1rss1z42q0y9u

USF and Georgia Tech aren't quite as likely to aid in "Indiana's quest for a third consecutive bowl game" as FIU was.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    USF and Georgia Tech aren't quite as likely to aid in "Indiana's quest for a third consecutive bowl game" as FIU was.
    USF would be an interesting situation given IU paid off USF(once USF had established itself as good) in order to play 2 for 1 against FIU. That's without even getting into that's where Tom Allen used to coach and helped make them good. My guess is IU gets the exemption from the B1G and pays Charleston Southern(FCS) a boatload of money to play on that open date.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Lagow is the starter. Allen announced it.
    And I think that's the right move.
    Switching QB's is always an interesting position and IU's coaches have staked a lot of capital around Legow. And he looked really good in Week 1.

What sealed it for me is that I think it's always easier to bring "Dual threat" QB in for a few series to "shake things up" without having it look like you're hanging your starting QB out to dry. You don't really see that done in reverse. "Yeah Peyton, you've done fine but we'd like a more stationary QB in there. Just for a few series. We'd just like to give the defense one less thing to worry about."
    Of course if you carry that to it's logical conclusion, a tie should always go to the more mobile guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    USF would be an interesting situation given IU paid off USF(once USF had established itself as good) in order to play 2 for 1 against FIU. That's without even getting into that's where Tom Allen used to coach and helped make them good. My guess is IU gets the exemption from the B1G and pays Charleston Southern(FCS) a boatload of money to play on that open date.
    If only I could pick games this well.

https://t.co/ifykUfJuym

Although the B1G is trying to tone down the FCS games moving forward, IU is allowed to schedule this one because they only have 4 B1G home games. Whilst we're doing the uneven # of conference games, you can schedule an FCS opponent in years where you only have 4 conference home games.

This seems fair. Any year when you only have 4 conference home games and two of them are against Ohio State and Michigan, you're pretty limited from scheduling your way to health and prosperity like a mid tier B1G team needs to.

Sounds like Wilson was doing his best to carry on the Bobby Knight tradition at Indiana

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sounds like Wilson was doing his best to carry on the Bobby Knight tradition at Indiana
    You mean like winning championships and being competitive?

Minus the winning championships, of course, but with a solid dash of being a complete a-hole and getting fired for it.

16. Likes:

Assembly Hall (09-19-2017),Hoosier Red (09-23-2017),Revering4Blue (09-19-2017),Sea Ray (09-19-2017)

No, that's not what I meant nor is that what the article was all about. See Boston Red's reply to get a better idea of what I meant

Turn Off Ads?