Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes

Re: 2017 Cleveland Browns...Rising from the Ashes

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Browns RG Kevin Zeitler underwent thumb surgery on Tuesday but is expected to play Week 2 against the Ravens.

Zeitler isn't practicing Wednesday, but the Browns expect him out there Thursday and/or Friday. He'll probably just play with a club on his hand.

Source: ESPN.com
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Breaking out? LOL

I don't care who your team is, where your loyalty lies ... if you're a true fan then you wear their stuff regardless. I've been a Brown's fan for over 50 years - going back to the days of #44 Leroy Kelly - and I've been ribbed quite a bite over these last many years, since they came back into league - "Why in the world are you still a Brown's fan?". And deservedly so - they've sucked, been an embarrassment, a joke. It's "In my blood", just like the Reds, and I'm loyal to my team. I've always looked at it like a captain going down with the ship (LOL).

As for yesterday (week #1) ....

I was impressed. Everyone kept telling me how they were going to be embarrassed by the Steelers. I didn't believe that, and they weren't. Again, it was week #1, so I didn't expect much.

The defense looked good. I thought Kizer showed poise, stuck with the plan, had his rookie "moments" ... held onto the ball too much, put himself out there at times taking hits (be careful son) .... but overall I liked what I saw yesterday.

All I'm gonna say is I don't think they'll go 1-15 this year!
    Good post. Forgive me if I'm wrong but I've seen a few people talking about stopping supporting there team (baseball or American Football) because they're not performing or they're not happy with the way the team is run. Now I don't know if that is a minority or an American thing because if I suddenly switch the football team I supported, I would probably lose friends due to how disgusted they are.

To me you support a team from the moment you understand the sport and that support should not waiver until the day you die no matter how bad they are or how poorly run the club is.

I admire your continued support of the Brown's through what seems to have been quite a troubled period.

4. Likes:

GAC (09-18-2017)

So as a Brown's fan, I guess I should be encouraged that my team is beating the point spread! LOL

This week my Brown's, who are at Baltimore, are 7.5 pt underdogs.

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I see where Clay Matthews is a semifinalist for the HOF 2018 class. He's made the cut twice (2012, 2016) since he became eligible (2002).

The man, who is one of my all-time favorite Brown players, needs/deserves to be in the HOF (IMO), next to his brother Bruce (inducted in 2007), who was an offensive lineman for the Houston Oilers (blocking for Earl Campbell).

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...a-bbb40e1b4889

The Matthews family is football bred (LOL). Their Dad Clay Matthews Sr - passed away last March at age 88 - played in the NFL back in the 50's with the 49ers. And besides his sons Bruce and Clay, his grandkids are playing in the pros (LOL).
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

7. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-14-2017),Kingspoint (09-15-2017),Revering4Blue (09-14-2017)

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Corey Coleman (broken hand) requires surgery, and is out indefinitely.

It's the same (right) hand Coleman broke as a rookie. That break, which healed without surgery, cost him six games. It's unclear if the operation will speed or slow down Coleman's healing compared to 2016, but six games is probably a good baseline. NFL.com says it will be 6-8 weeks. That makes Coleman a tough hold in 12-team leagues. With Kenny Britt mailing in 2017, the Browns are down to Rashard Higgins as their No. 1 receiver.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Coach Hue Jackson said the Browns knew about DeShone Kizer's migraine history when the team drafted him.

Jackson said he knew something was wrong on Sunday when Kizer forgot to signal the motion on a play. Kizer said his head was "pounding." Jackson also assured the team isn't worried long-term, and that Kizer's headaches are "sporadic," sometimes going 6-7 months without occurring. Kizer will be under center for Week 3 against the Colts.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The Browns still seem pretty ashy. They might not be the worst NFL team in Ohio this year, though!

Big game Sunday, if the Browns can't beat the Colts, then it might be another top pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Coach Hue Jackson said the Browns knew about DeShone Kizer's migraine history when the team drafted him.

Jackson said he knew something was wrong on Sunday when Kizer forgot to signal the motion on a play. Kizer said his head was "pounding." Jackson also assured the team isn't worried long-term, and that Kizer's headaches are "sporadic," sometimes going 6-7 months without occurring. Kizer will be under center for Week 3 against the Colts.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
    Thank God they went out this off-season and fixed the offensive line. Last year, how many of their QBs had to go through the concussion protocol because of the continuous pounding they were getting? I think they set an NFL record (LOL).

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    Big game Sunday, if the Browns can't beat the Colts, then it might be another top pick.
    They're road favorites for the first time in years, FWIW.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

The only guy I know from the NFL who dealt with migraines enough for it to make the news, that didn't seem to be concussion-related, was Percy Harvin. He wasn't the Starting Quartetback, but as a team's #1 WR, his unreliability constantly hampered game-planning and cohesiveness, as it was always a day-to-day issue. At least with any other injury, you know where the player is at and can plan accordingly. Hopefully, Kizer's migraines don't mirror Harvin's.

Here's a very interesting analysis along with theories about Harvin and his migraines by a neurologist:

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2013/7...story-and-help
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-19-2017 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    They're road favorites for the first time in years, FWIW.
    Their leading Receiver will be Rashard Higgans ( a very good one in my opinion).
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 09-19-2017 at 03:19 AM.

Their leading Receiver will be Rashard Higgans ( a very good one in my opinion).
    Hopefully getting cut lit a fire under his butt. I really liked him coming out of college but he had been a disappointment to this point. Saw where he was number 1 on the new depth chart!

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (09-19-2017)

Yep. Looks like Coleman is out 8 weeks (ouch!). Besides Higgans, I'd also like to see another former first rounder in Britt step it up too. He had a pretty solid year last year with the Rams (1,000+ yds receiving)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    I'd also like to see another former first rounder in Britt step it up too. He had a pretty solid year last year with the Rams (1,000+ yds receiving)
    He did, but it appears he's packed it in...his career.

I feel Kasan Williams is the most likely player to become a true #2 WR for them. Would not surprise me if he isn't starting by Week 7. Britt is being given one, and only one more chance, to step forward, after Hue had a one-on-one with him this week. It's bad enough that Higgans passed Britt on the depth chart after being on the practice squad just a few weeks ago. Speaks volumes about Hue playing those who deserve it. Coates and Louis will ge given a chance, while Leslie and may be ahead of Willams, too, as of last week, but I think Williams will blow past all of them just as Higgans climbed quickly the depth chart.

Zeitler has more catches than Higgans in the first half.

20. Likes:

Hoosier Red (10-02-2017)

Turn Off Ads?