Turn Off Ads?
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Took up Peaky Blinders last week and I have no idea why I waited so long.
    Ditto, except it's been about a month. I love when I only find these shows several seasons in, because the catching up is fantastic!

2. Likes:

M2 (12-09-2019),TheBigLebowski (12-10-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Took up Peaky Blinders last week and I have no idea why I waited so long.
    . The Reds could use a headcase like Arthur to come out of the pen next year.
    Alice Sweet's Tomato Plant

5. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (12-10-2019)

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    . The Reds could use a headcase like Arthur to come out of the pen next year.
    I said I was in the middle of S1. Turns out I had just watched the S1 finale. Had no idea S1 was 6 episodes. Not going to ruin anything for anyone who hasn't watched - will just say the transition between the finale of S1 and E1 of S2 was unexpected.

Totally agree that Arthur would be a good addition to the Reds, but I think he'd be a better Diet Rich-type of player. Arthur rounding the bases would be a thing to behold.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Ditto, except it's been about a month. I love when I only find these shows several seasons in, because the catching up is fantastic!
    Yeah. My only problem with PB is that it's a slow burn. Have to watch every scene closely, and I have a short attention span. I find that I drift off and have to watch scenes multiple times to ensure I really understand what's happening. That's not some sort of insult to the writing or the show - more of a self-deprecating acknowledgement of my ADD. It harms my ability to fly through seasons of a show.
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Carnival Row is very, very good.
    Just watched Episode 1 last night. Letís just say that I found the love scene in the fairy brothel quite uplifting.
    Alice Sweet's Tomato Plant

Midway through season 3 of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and it's been fantastic. The 5th episode may be the best shot piece of television ever. I'm not a camera work geek, but it kind of blew my mind.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

Coddle thy pitchers.

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Midway through season 3 of "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" and it's been fantastic. The 5th episode may be the best shot piece of television ever. I'm not a camera work geek, but it kind of blew my mind.
    Mrs. Maisel switches between being the most boring, cheesy stuff imaginable and the most entertaining thing on TV, scene to scene. I’ll probably watch it for as long as they make them and be equally annoyed and delighted.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    One of the gems of cinematography was the Auld Lang Syne Farewell Waltz from the 1940 film Waterloo Bridge. B&W is so much more emotive than color...the tones, the shadows, the lighting etc.

Here is a clip:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zVwuS3K7Hcw
    Last edited by North; Yesterday at 02:27 AM.
    9 out of 10 Ford trucks made in the last 10 years are still on the road. The rest made it home.

12. Likes:

M2 (Yesterday)

Turn Off Ads?