Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

The Picasso rant...

Dude born in 1881 has different mores than her generation...wow, what a takedown. She's a hero!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    The Picasso rant...

Dude born in 1881 has different mores than her generation...wow, what a takedown. She's a hero!
    I think it's relevant because the attitudes weren't born with and they didn't die with Picasso. They existed long before him and they exist now, in the way we talk about art history and in general. And, if Gadbsy's goal is to be seen as a hero, I think that would be a good thing. She'd be a much better hero than many of the ones we currently have. The bar for hero is pretty low and "annoying lady talking about annoying stuff" wouldn't rank very high on the list of negative hero traits.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

4. Likes:

Redsfaithful (08-15-2018)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    I think it's relevant because the attitudes weren't born with and they didn't die with Picasso. They existed long before him and they exist now, in the way we talk about art history and in general. And, if Gadbsy's goal is to be seen as a hero, I think that would be a good thing. She'd be a much better hero than many of the ones we currently have. The bar for hero is pretty low and "annoying lady talking about annoying stuff" wouldn't rank very high on the list of negative hero traits.
    The age of consent in 1881 was 12 in Spain...that is the world Picasso grew up in. And pretty much everywhere for that matter.

Right or wrong, your attitude towards that might be different if you were born then, too.

Anachronistic comparisons just don't get it for me.....like saying you don't like Andrew Jackson because he was involved in duels...

It's a cheap shot.
    Last edited by Dom Heffner; 08-15-2018 at 12:35 PM.

Really liked “Sharp Objects”...don’t know what else to say without ruining it.

7. Likes:

Dom Heffner (08-27-2018),ochoa30 (09-01-2018),redhawkfish (08-27-2018),westofyou (08-27-2018)

I'm a season into The Americans. I'd always read it's excellent, and it is.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Really liked “Sharp Objects”...don’t know what else to say without ruining it.
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    I'm a season into The Americans. I'd always read it's excellent, and it is.
    One of my favs, sad it's over.

11. Likes:

RiverRat13 (08-28-2018)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Any predictions for next week's Better Call Saul finale? This is my probably my favorite season yet. Monday's episode was one of the best of the series, I thought.

I'd like to keep this spoiler free, although I'm not sure if there is a spoiler tag? Tried [spoiler] and [hide] to no avail.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Kim Lives.
    “It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology” ― Noam Chomsky

“Reading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another’s skin.” -- Joyce Carol Oates

I think she will still be alive, post BB. I also think, just like Walt did, Saul will go back to ABQ at the series end.

Fun Fact: S4 finale is titled "Winner". Walt at the end of BB S4: "I won."
    Last edited by Ohayou; 10-04-2018 at 01:19 PM.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

15. Likes:

marcshoe (10-04-2018)

They call me "chef"

I lost steam on BCS about 8-9 episodes into season 1, ironically just as the fun appeared to be starting. Now I'm hesitant to start again because I don't have 50+ hours to catch up. All that said, I'd be bummed if I learned how the season/series ends from a RedsZone thread and not from actually watching it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

I could have sworn there were spoiler tags. If not, I'll just post spoilers in light text color to be highlighted over.

18. Likes:

Larry Schuler (10-04-2018)

First image from the set of the new Star Wars live action TV show The Mandalorian:

Uhhhhhhhhhh yes please.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Turn Off Ads?