Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 11171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Re: Official Redszone TV Thread, Part III

Watched the first three episodes of Good Omens today and thought they were great, although I have trouble watching an adaptation of a favorite book. Neil Gaiman was the showrunner and wrote much of the script here, though, and it's pretty faithful. I would have liked to have seen more of the kids and Agnus Nutter, but that may be coming. David Tennant and Michael Sheen (extra props for the way he creates a character so different from what I've seen before) are perfect, and Michael McKean is great as the Witchfinder General, uh, Seargent. Not as funny as the book's dry humor, but funny enough.
    [Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

2. Turn Off Ads?

Finished Good Omens, and the kids do get a bit more screentime in the second half. Very good.
    [Reading] is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into another's skin, another's voice, another's soul" -- Joyce Carol Oates

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Deadwood The Movie did not disappoint. Love those characters. It was great to see them again.
    SPOILER ALERT

I can't say I was overly impressed, and I marathoned season 3 the week before it aired.

The story still ends similarly to the end of season 3 with a lot of "now what scenarios". I think they should have allowed that 2 hour finale to follow more along with reality as well - too much fiction (Al died in 1904 in Colorado after the GEM burned down twice, Utter died after 1900 probably in South America, Sol never married, Jane was probably in Europe at the time with Buffalo Bill, the General was in Nebraska at the time, Farnum was in Chicago at that time due to the fires, Hearst was in Cali and D.C. at that stage of his life, etc).

Additionally, I know it's been 13 years since the last episode (supposed 10 years in the movie) - but damn some of them look like they aged 20-30 years. Was that real or added makeup/hair dye to make them look older? If it was the latter they could have skipped it.

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Sort of, yeah, but it wasn't about the story anyway, if that makes sense. Very character driven show, and it's semi-based on real events so it's not quite as much of a gut punch to have it end unfinished as it normally would be.

It's a top 5 all time show, I would definitely recommend watching it.
    Does the movie pick up where the show left off and provide some closure?
    I'm just going to go find a cash machine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    Does the movie pick up where the show left off and provide some closure?
    Kind of. It was set 10 years later. It provided closure for some, not for others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

7. Likes:

TheBigLebowski (06-05-2019)

I'm a few episodes into the Netflix Docuseries Flint Town. It's excellent and I'd highly recommend.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

The first three episodes of season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale, I can't remember a better 3 episode run of any series that I've ever seen. The acting, scripting, direction, everything. Amazing and powerful.

"Burn m'f'er burn"
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

They call me "chef"

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    The first three episodes of season 3 of The Handmaid's Tale, I can't remember a better 3 episode run of any series that I've ever seen. The acting, scripting, direction, everything. Amazing and powerful.

"Burn m'f'er burn"
    I've only seen the first one. I was worried cause the reviews have been mixed but the first episode was light years better than the beginning of season 2. I thought the show cranked into high gear in the mid-point of season 2 and afterward and this premiere felt like it was continuing that stride.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

Always Be My Maybe on Netflix is pretty humorous. I quite enjoyed seeing Keanu Reeves cry at dinner.

They call me "chef"

Saw the next two episodes of Handmaids and I liked them significantly less than the premiere. I think they need to quickly pick a lane for the Commander Lawrence character. They sort of retconned him into an unpredictable "Is he good or bad? PERHAPS BOTH! OooOoooo!" character when he was a bit more transparently mild and benevolent last season, as far as I remember. It's led to a confusing dynamic where he and June are both playing multiple, manipulative identities and there's a lot of glances being exchanged and subtext being thrown out there and I'm having trouble knowing what's the real thing and what's the ploy and it's not a 'fun' confusion and I don't think they mean it to be this muddled and unclear. All that said, 'Nothing Left to Lose' Serena is the best Serena.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    Saw the next two episodes of Handmaids and I liked them significantly less than the premiere. I think they need to quickly pick a lane for the Commander Lawrence character. They sort of retconned him into an unpredictable "Is he good or bad? PERHAPS BOTH! OooOoooo!" character when he was a bit more transparently mild and benevolent last season, as far as I remember. It's led to a confusing dynamic where he and June are both playing multiple, manipulative identities and there's a lot of glances being exchanged and subtext being thrown out there and I'm having trouble knowing what's the real thing and what's the ploy and it's not a 'fun' confusion and I don't think they mean it to be this muddled and unclear. All that said, 'Nothing Left to Lose' Serena is the best Serena.
    I think the subtext of Lawrence is that he's afraid of June.

With Serena, I can't help but keep thinking "you wanted this world" when looking at her.
    Last edited by WrongVerb; 06-07-2019 at 06:53 PM.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Is anyone watching Perpetual Grace?

Is it just me? --> 2019 Ben Kingsley looks the exact same as 1995 'Species' Ben Kingsley? How does this man not age?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4937588_l2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	15008

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7rjn3EX4AIhm50.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	244.6 KB 
ID:	15009

"Endeavor" is the only show I've truly looked forward to in the last 8 months.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Stranger Things is amazing.

3 episodes into season 3 and I’m just blown away by how good this is.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

17. Likes:

Redsfaithful (07-07-2019),RichRed (07-06-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Stranger Things is amazing.

3 episodes into season 3 and I’m just blown away by how good this is.
    I was 15 in 1984 and I continue to be impressed by how well they've captured the look of the '80s. Just such a fun show to watch on so many levels.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

19. Likes:

RedTeamGo! (07-06-2019)

Turn Off Ads?