Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instructional League

Instructional League

Lots of video of hitters here, including Long, Ty Steve, and Fairchild. Yari, Sansone, and Kolovsvary all have nice clean strokes. Does anyone see a hitch where Long drops his hands, not as pronounced as Eric Davis but along those lines? Stephenson's swing looks solid too.

http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...oGQd1WAbAgk.97

2. Likes:

lollipopcurve (10-06-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Instructional League

Shed's probably got a little too much going on with his swing, but he's got some violent bat speed.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Shed's probably got a little too much going on with his swing, but he's got some violent bat speed.
    Both Long and LH Randy Ventura looked like they had quick bats, but Ventura puts nothing behind his at all at this point. And his RH swing was horrid.

Liked what looked like real power potential from Tyler Stephenson's bat too.

Marshall has a funny thing he does with his front foot. Looks like they would have simplified it. Also, who goes to instructs? It looks like mostly rookie league players, but then there is Long, Sansone and Stephenson.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    Marshall has a funny thing he does with his front foot. Looks like they would have simplified it. Also, who goes to instructs? It looks like mostly rookie league players, but then there is Long, Sansone and Stephenson.
    Mostly guys in rookie ball and low-A. I have the entire roster up at my site: http://redsminorleagues.com/2017/09/...league-roster/

With that said, Shed is there to basically be a leader/mentor to some of the younger guys.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Mostly guys in rookie ball and low-A. I have the entire roster up at my site: http://redsminorleagues.com/2017/09/...league-roster/

With that said, Shed is there to basically be a leader/mentor to some of the younger guys.
    Thanks. If I had checked your site more frequently, I would not have had to ask.

Curious: Are you just supposing here, or have you specifically heard that the organization regards Shed in that fashion? If so, it's kind of interesting.

10. Likes:

redsmetz (10-23-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Curious: Are you just supposing here, or have you specifically heard that the organization regards Shed in that fashion? If so, it's kind of interesting.
    Heard that from the organization.

12. Likes:

mace (10-07-2017),redsmetz (10-23-2017)

Josh Norris‏ @jnorris427 Oct 7
    More
    Edwin Yon, listed at 6-foot-5, is a giant human being #Reds
    Josh Norris‏ @jnorris427 Oct 7
    More
    Edwin Yon shows off light-tower power. His massive HR clangs off the light tower in left field. #Reds
    https://twitter.com/jnorris427

He is also the source of the Hunter Greene outing video

Edwin Yon truly is a big dude. Might be taller than his listed 6' 5".

Haven't seen him since March. Young guy - turned 19 in July, so he's basically the same age as the high school draftees this year. Struggled big time in the AZL - 44 strikeouts in 96 plate appearances. No power (.235 slugging) in games. There's some bat speed though. Plenty of room to fill out and add strength.

Edwin Yon truly is a big dude. Might be taller than his listed 6' 5".

Haven't seen him since March. Young guy - turned 19 in July, so he's basically the same age as the high school draftees this year. Struggled big time in the AZL - 44 strikeouts in 96 plate appearances. No power (.235 slugging) in games. There's some bat speed though. Plenty of room to fill out and add strength.
    Which reminds me: did you ever hear what happened with Juan Duran? How about Yorman?

Edit: I see Duran played in Independent Ball this year.
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=duran-003jua

If they trust him to do that, sounds like maybe he's a guy they'd trust to be their 2B in the future.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    If they trust him to do that, sounds like maybe he's a guy they'd trust to be their 2B in the future.
    Maybe. But, he may need to beat Nick Senzel out for that spot.

18. Likes:

marcshoe (10-16-2017)

So Reds trade their most expensive arbitration player, Gennett. Move Senzel to second. Keep Suarez at third.

Could be the plan.

Shed Long fits the plan too.

Suarez is three years from free agency. Eventually, Suarez is traded before FA. Senzel back to third. Shed Long to second.
    Last edited by Kc61; 10-16-2017 at 01:27 PM.

If that's the case, then they ought to be looking to deal Shed.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Turn Off Ads?