Turn Off Ads?
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: so apparently I have a dog now

  1. #1
    Member Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,522

    so apparently I have a dog now

    today my neighbor found a dog in his yard. he gave it some food and water but didn't take it inside. no one came by looking for it. because the dog didn't look very healthy or mobile and the fact that its going to be in the 40s tonight I took her in. she is a beagle mixed with something else, maybe spaniel. she is very overweight and doesn't move very fast. she is very sweet. I have a bad feeling that she isn't lost but rather was abandoned. I'm going to take her to the vet tomorrow to see if she is microchipped (I'll give this a generous 10% chance of working). and I'm going to put up some "found dog" postings on facebook and the street (I'll also give this a 10% chance of working). so I'll say there is a 20% chance she is lost and I can reunite her with her owners making all 3 of us very happy. and an 80% chance that I now have a dog in addition to way too many cats.
    .

  2. Likes:

    919191 (10-21-2017),texasdave (10-21-2017)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    I took the dog to our vet today and she has a microchip. and I found the owner who is very happy to get her back. its a bizarre story. they live in Lebanon OH & I live ~25-30 miles south and across the Ohio river. the dog went missing yesterday morning after they let her out to do her business. she is small and fat & there is no way she made it here on her own. I suspect she was grabbed them dumped 30 miles away.
    the take home point: microchip your pet.
    .

  5. Likes:

    757690 (10-26-2017),alwaysawarrior (10-23-2017),BillDoran (10-22-2017),bounty37h (10-27-2017),Chip R (10-23-2017),cumberlandreds (10-23-2017),dabvu2498 (10-22-2017),dougdirt (10-21-2017),GIK (10-21-2017),KittyDuran (10-21-2017),KronoRed (10-26-2017),marcshoe (10-23-2017),nmculbreth (10-21-2017),oneupper (10-22-2017),paintmered (10-22-2017),Redsfaithful (10-22-2017),Roy Tucker (11-02-2017),texasdave (10-21-2017),westofyou (10-21-2017)

  6. #3
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    48,291

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    You are a good man, kudos to a job well done

  7. Likes:

    dougdirt (10-21-2017),nmculbreth (10-21-2017),RedlegJake (10-25-2017),redsfanmia (10-27-2017),SunDeck (10-22-2017)

  8. #4
    Member Will M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,522

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    dog successfully reunited with her family! time for me to pick some powerball numbers. its my lucky week.
    .

  9. Likes:

    757690 (10-26-2017),dabvu2498 (10-22-2017),Danny Serafini (10-23-2017),dougdirt (10-22-2017),Newport Red (10-23-2017)

  10. #5
    Member Kinsm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1,156

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    If you find a fat dog, there is a good chance it's not a stray or abandoned. Dogs that are abandoned are normally very malnourished or are puppies.

  11. #6
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    13,803

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    I rescued a stray dog once. It was chipped.

    But the vet put me through the ringer “we know whose it is but we can’t tell you - we have to be the one to contact the owner.” It was eventually returned to a guy nearby but c’mon.

  12. Likes:

    Kinsm (10-29-2017)

  13. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill NC
    Posts
    3,669

    Re: so apparently I have a dog now

    You're going to get an extra Scooby snack in the big park in the sky when your day comes, awesome of you taking care of this 4 legged friend and making sure he was ok as well as getting him back to his owner. Good on ya my man!
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator