Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chemical Fire in WV

Re: Chemical Fire in WV

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WntxBOm.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	12943

This is a company that buys stuff Dupont can't get rid of otherwise - they are supposed to repurpose/recycle, but they apparently just stick it in buildings and then later it all burns down.

I mean

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tQ5EAx2.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	74.0 KB 
ID:	12944
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    How is this not national news?

It's not even news in next door Ohio.

https://imgur.com/gallery/2TraE

I would also be traveling away from there.

This is maddening.
    Thereís already been a class action lawsuit filed.

Our local NBC affiliate (WTAP) has been covering it but outside of a mention from the Huntington-Charleston news itís been pretty much confined to state.

Public schools are closed. They tested the air in the schools and in one (likely two blocks from the plant) people started getting sore throats and other symptoms due to exposure.

They have set up shelters in Parkersburg, but since itís right on top of the fire itís pretty pointless. People canít bring pets so theyíre staying and with people having jobs nobody is really leaving.

Iím getting my wife and kids out for the day. Fortunately itís not been bad here (live right across the river from Ohio) but itís bad in downtown for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

I drove by this on my way to Athens about 12 hours after it started. I had never seen anything like it.
    Last edited by Big Klu; 11-06-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

The Weather Channel's got it now!

https://weather.com/news/news/2017-1...cal-plant-fire
    ďIt is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychologyĒ ― Noam Chomsky

ďReading is the sole means by which we slip, involuntarily, often helplessly, into anotherís skin.Ē -- Joyce Carol Oates

Turn Off Ads?