Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Girardi out as Yankees manager

Re: Girardi out as Yankees manager

I hear Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez were upset he didn't give them hugs when they struck out.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    I hear Aaron Judge and Gary Sanchez were upset he didn't give them hugs when they struck out.
    That's a crap load of hugs

4. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-07-2017),Donder (11-07-2017),klw (11-07-2017),RED VAN HOT (11-07-2017),Revering4Blue (11-07-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    That's a crap load of hugs

6. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-07-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dubc47834 View Post
    Honest question...should that matter if the employee is, in this case, winning ball games? Even if it means that you possibly take a step back? Joe is an excellent manager who won probly about as many games as he should have each year, if not more!
    Yes, it should still matter. In the long run, the overall vision is what the organization believes will lead to the best results. If that vision isn't being used by the people down the ladder, it sets the plan back, even if whatever is being used now, is working, for now.

8. Likes:

dubc47834 (11-08-2017)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

MLBTR says former Reds Aaron Boone and Jerry Hairston are candidates for the Yankees manager job.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

10. Likes:

Ron Madden (11-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    MLBTR says former Reds Aaron Boone and Jerry Hairston are candidates for the Yankees manager job.
    When the Yankees announced Joe Girardi would not be returning for an 11th season at the helm, the managerial vacancy for one of baseball's most storied franchises immediately became one of the biggest stories of the Hot Stove season.

It's been the subject of much speculation and rumors, and several candidates have already emerged. Below is a closer look at the latest developments and some of the names in the mix for the job as the Yankees continue their search.

Aaron Boone
    Boone emerged Thursday night as another candidate for the job. ESPN's Buster Olney first reported the news, and a source confirmed the report to MLB.com's Mark Feinsand.
    Boone, 44, is an analyst for ESPN's Sunday Night Baseball. The former infielder played 12 seasons in the big leagues, including part of the 2003 campaign with the Yankees. After arriving in a midseason trade with the Reds, Boone left his mark on Yankees history with his walk-off home run in Game 7 of the 2003 American League Championship Series against the Red Sox, sending them to the World Series.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/261168...nkees-manager/

Yep, a cheerleader type guy.

Works when the team wins.
    Go Gators!

Former Seattle and Cleveland manager Eric Wedge(!) is a candidate according to a front page yahoo story that I didn't think to copy and paste here

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

If I had to bet on a guy with zero managerial experience (at least not to my knowledge), Boone would be toward the top of my list.
    Mack Jenkins's Pants

Quote Originally Posted by cincinnati chili View Post
    If I had to bet on a guy with zero managerial experience (at least not to my knowledge), Boone would be toward the top of my list.
    I'm sure he learned everything from his dad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

16. Likes:

cincinnati chili (11-12-2017)

You can always blame a Boone.
    Go Gators!

18. Likes:

757690 (11-12-2017)

Boone-doggle

post hype sleeper cincinnati chili's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    I'm sure he learned everything from his dad.
    I know you’re playing for a laugh here. But you can learn from the mistakes of those to whom you are close. Also temperament wise, his dad was steady. If Aaron could be that emotionally consistent, while not playing Juan Castro at first base, he’d probably be fine.
    Mack Jenkins's Pants

If he has Judge or Sanchez bunting we will know.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Good call

Turn Off Ads?