Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Top 50 FA Projections - MLBTR

Re: Top 50 FA Projections - MLBTR

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Yeah, I thought that was really surprising, that MLBTR would have the Pads paying Cozart that much.

I could, maybe, see it with a contender.
    I doubt they do it too, but...

It’s a three year deal. They could contend in 2019, if they made the right moves. Also, having a solid SS could be a stabilizing force for the rebuild, and be a positive for a young pitching staff. There are lots of reasons for a non-contending team to add talent via free agency.
    Were going to get the pitching. -Bob Castellini

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lots of money being projected for surgically repaired pitchers over 30. Garcia as a reliever would be interesting, but he has only been a starter and his injury history could interfere with that use. Pineda would be a nice gamble for 2019 if the Reds could get a bargain, but I think the Reds are looking at 2018. Otherwise, better to save your cash and hope to catch lightning in a bottle in late February when leftovers are marked down.

Jhoulys Chacin has a career 3.93 ERA, 4.08 FIP, 4.18 xFIP. He's an extreme groundball pitcher who has had success pitching in Coors Field. It's sort of a weird profile that he leverages but he has had some success with it in over 300 innings the last two seasons. I had skimmed past his name in the past, but he's actually not a horrible target...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

5. Likes:

camisadelgolf (11-03-2017),Tom Servo (11-03-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Jhoulys Chacin has a career 3.93 ERA, 4.08 FIP, 4.18 xFIP. He's an extreme groundball pitcher who has had success pitching in Coors Field. It's sort of a weird profile that he leverages but he has had some success with it in over 300 innings the last two seasons. I had skimmed past his name in the past, but he's actually not a horrible target...
    I thought Chacin would have been a good target last season and thought the Padres made a shrew move acquiring him. He's not a bad one now, though a more expensive one. I'd kick the tires at least.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Hey servo, your inbox is full and I have questions

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Inbox has been culled, ask away.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I think I can answer the first one:

"No, Raisor, no one on Redszone is sexier than you."
    Were going to get the pitching. -Bob Castellini

10. Likes:

Tom Servo (11-03-2017)

Turn Off Ads?