Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach Vincej lost

Zach Vincej lost

Zach Vincej was claimed by the Mariners off waivers

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Re: Zach Vincej lost

That one surprises me, since he was the only other pure shortstop on the roster after Peraza.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

4. Likes:

757690 (11-03-2017),Donder (11-03-2017)

I mean, gloves grow on trees, but that SS tree has been pretty barren for the Reds lately. This is very surprising.
    The team Matheny described several times this weekend as the team he thinks the Cardinals could be, is actually the team the Reds have become.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    That one surprises me, since he was the only other pure shortstop on the roster after Peraza.
    I'd have been more surprised if the Reds kept him on the 40 Man all offseason, I imagine Seattle will just try and slip him back through waivers sooner than later.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

I imagine Vincej's going to end up logging time in the bigs for a few seasons. Pretty good little player and a nice 37th round draft choice.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

8. Likes:

OGB (11-08-2017)

Kivlehan and McGuire cleared waivers, though they can sign elsewhere as minor league free agents now. Still I'm glad to have their spots cleared.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

10. Likes:

757690 (11-03-2017),Edd Roush (11-03-2017),Revering4Blue (11-03-2017)

Vincej is the only one that sorta stings.... even that - Reds need to protect the kids on the 40 man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will M View Post
    sdwagers for Reds GM!

I'm surprised by Vincej. Thought they would keep him until the Cozart situation played out. Have the odds of keeping Zack improved? Also, I thought that Adleman would go before McGuire, whom I hope they are able to retain. Still more than 2 weeks before they have to freeze the 40 man roster before rule 5. They aren't messing around.

By my count the roster stands at 33. What do you think? Protect 6 minor league players and leave one slot for rule 5?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    I'm surprised by Vincej. Thought they would keep him until the Cozart situation played out. Have the odds of keeping Zack improved? Also, I thought that Adleman would go before McGuire, whom I hope they are able to retain. Still more than 2 weeks before they have to freeze the 40 man roster before rule 5. They aren't messing around.

By my count the roster stands at 33. What do you think? Protect 6 minor league players and leave one slot for rule 5?
    They chose to keep Adleman over Vincej?

That's crazy.
    The team Matheny described several times this weekend as the team he thinks the Cardinals could be, is actually the team the Reds have become.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They chose to keep Adleman over Vincej?

That's crazy.
    Is it really, Adleman has been the only Reds starter that you can "count on" to pitch innings. They may not be great but they are not god awful either.

15. Likes:

Kinsm (11-03-2017),REDREAD (11-06-2017)

Could this mean that the reds are bring cozart back or signing someone else

I also hope they throw some nice money at McGuire to keep him as insurance.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Agree that it would be nice to keep McGuire somehow.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

My only real reaction to today's moves is that Tim Adleman must have pictures of some one in the Williams family in a compromising position.
    "All I can tell them is pick a good one and sock it." --BABE RUTH

20. Likes:

757690 (11-03-2017),CarolinaRedleg (11-05-2017),cincyinco (11-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneinthBrame View Post
    Is it really, Adleman has been the only Reds starter that you can "count on" to pitch innings. They may not be great but they are not god awful either.
    Over 5 ERA. Not sure that counts as someone you can count on

22. Likes:

cincyinco (11-06-2017)

Turn Off Ads?