Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Slobberknockers

Re: 2017-2018 Slobberknockers

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    I would be shocked if Senzel can’t move to 2B seemlessly.
    You think moving to a different infield position is that simple?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    No, but I think Senzel played SS and 2B in college.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

No, but I think Senzel played SS and 2B in college.

and he ended up at third in college.

..and he's played every professional inning at third.

I'm sure he CAN play second., but I'd rather they get his bat into the majors and not have to worry about learning a new position.

Adam Duvall to the Tigers for Daniel Norris

Billy Hamilton to the Giants for Hunter Strickland (I honestly don't know how other teams value Billy, I'd take a nice prospect obviously but an effective reliever would be nice too)

Raisel Iglesias to the Astros for Forrest Whitley, Yordan Alvarez, and Brad Peacock

Keury Mella to the Rangers for Jurickson Profar
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

6. Likes:

757690 (11-04-2017)

Iglesias, Suarez, Schebler, Romano, Trammel, Santillan, and Downs for Chris Archer, Willie Adames, and Brad Boxberger.

Want Box to win the Latos trade.
    Last edited by Kc61; 11-04-2017 at 09:18 PM.

8. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-06-2017)

My goal would be to find a few SP guys to stabilize the rotation but don't cost a ton. Like others have said in multiple threads, we should be looking for a long-term solution at SS.

1. Gennett and Reed to TB for SP Jake Odorizzi

2. Iglesias to CLE for SP Mike Clevinger and SS Yu-Cheng Chang

3. Duvall to SEA for CF Braden Bishop and SP Erasmo Ramirez

4. Hamilton to TEX for SS Jurrickson Profar

There might need to be a prospect added on one side or another with any of these, but I think all of them could help address needs for both teams.

10. Likes:

REDREAD (11-09-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Spuds Mckenzie View Post
    NYY
    Suarez
    B Hamilton (4th OF/postseason weapon)

Reds
    Gleybar Torres

Houston
    Iglesias
    W. Peralta

Reds
    Kyle tucker
    D. Paulino

Boston
    Duvall

Reds get
    Reliever with upside

Sign some bullpen chaff and a halfway decent closer to look to flip at all star break

Lineup
    Winker LF
    Tucker CF
    Votto 1B
    Senzel 3B
    Gennett 2B
    Schebler RF
    Torres SS
    Barnhart C
    Pitcher

Bench
    Peraza
    Blandino
    Ervin
    Whoever

Starters
    Castillo
    Bailey
    Disco
    Finnegan
    Mahle

BP
    Stephenson
    Reed
    Garrett
    Paulino
    Boston pickup
    Signings

This year will be another growing year withour young stud lineup gelling and sifting through our young starters and bullpen pieces. Earmark next year to spend big on a pitcher and some bullpen help. Be ready to become the next Houston or cubs. With this, you will be competitive soon and then will have the next wave of mega talents coming up to supplement (Greene trammel). Earmark the next to high draft picks for fast rising college pitchers a la Casey mize.
    Really well thought out post, especially for your second one in five years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Cloninger View Post
    This team is like watching Zero Hour and thinking you are watching Airplane and waiting for the funny.

12. Likes:

Hoosier Red (11-06-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Billy Hamilton to the Giants for Hunter Strickland (I honestly don't know how other teams value Billy, I'd take a nice prospect obviously but an effective reliever would be nice too)

Raisel Iglesias to the Astros for Forrest Whitley, Yordan Alvarez, and Brad Peacock

I just don’t see why the tigers would trade a young controllable left handed starter with a bunch of upside for a slugger who is about to get pricey in arb and will be old the next time they are contending.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Iglesias, Suarez, Schebler, Romano, Trammel, Santillan, and Downs for Chris Archer and Willie Adames.
    Oh my, I would stop watching the Reds for a few years if they did this.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

I just don’t see why the tigers would trade a young controllable left handed starter with a bunch of upside for a slugger who is about to get pricey in arb and will be old the next time they are contending.
    Norris was a Dombrowski acquisition and while he hasn't gotten tattooed to the extent that our Cody Reed did, it seems they have similar frustrations with his lack of progress two years on. Also the Tigers outfield situation is abysmal, they need SOMEONE and even in arbitration Duvall won't be 'expensive'.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

I'm not as pessimistic as most about the rebuild. The pipeline of young pitching is maturing. Some will be in the rotation; some will be in the pen; some will go to Louisville for more seasoning. Pitching is the most prized commodity. They are too expensive and too risky to buy. Growing their own is a necessity. Good ML pitchers were once unproven minor league pitchers. The young pitchers are likely to have up and down year as they learn. I can accept that.

The young pitchers will need superior defense behind them. No need to replace Billy. A suitable MI defense is the issue to address. Peraza and Gennett are average at best. Scooter's bat could justify his defense if it remains a plus. Peraza showed improvement in offense in second half. Either could be adequate at 2B; SS remains the problem. I'm still hoping Cozart returns. Herrera's a wild card. No need to rush Senzel. If Cozart returns or if Senzel breaks down the door, there would be a MI available to trade. Not there yet. I still think SS is the key decision to be made.

The young pitchers are not likely to go deep in games consistently. An eight man pen may be needed. I'd spend on a veteran for the pen.

If things go well, I would expect an 80-85 win team. A run of pitching injuries like last year and they could be looking at another last place finish. I point out, however, that any pitcher obtained in trade could be injured as well. Stay the course.

P.S. I know that Gleyber Torres is a top prospect knocking on the door and that the Yankees appear to be set with Didi. Still, I would be reluctant to trade with them because anything they are willing to send the Reds tends to be fool's gold.

Giancarlo Stanton to Cincinnati for any 3 prospects Miami wants, I dont care who goes, just make it happen.

Stanton could hit 80 homers a year for the next 11 years playing in GABP
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post

Alright, alright, don't leave me hanging--who ya got playing CF?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I agree with everything here except the part about Trump promising to drain the swamp of rich elites. When did he say that? I think he's putting in rich guys with the idea that they can't be bought. I don't think he ever promised not to put in rich white guys.

Cincinnati trades 3B Eugenio Suarez to Cleveland for CF Tyler Naquin and IF/ OF Yandy Diaz.

Cleveland has Bradley Zimmer coming back to play CF. That should move Jose Ramirez back to 3B, with Jeff Kipnis back at 2B. However, Suarez is a better hitter than Kipnis was in 2017. This deal further strengthens an Indian bench and provides another big hitter for their lineup. And it doesn't cost them much in the short or long term. Neither Naquin nor Diaz would seem to be vital in the Cleveland plan.

For Cincinnati, Diaz's utility could mean he can gambol between 2B, 3B, and corner OF as needed. To begin the season, he'd be the starting 3B; as the season plays through, he might end up elsewhere. Where he plays means less than where he hits. Diaz went .350/ .454/ .460/ .914 in almost 400 AAA (International League) ABs. He's played LF, CF, RF, 3B, and 2B over the past two years with only two more K's than BB's.

Naquin if a true CF who can also play corner OF. He hit very, very well in 2016 in the major league, but didn't get much of a chance to do anything beyond AAA in 2017. His AAA numbers over the past two years-- .285 .356 .450 .806-- would seem to indicate a kid who can be a positive offensively. His MLB numbers over those same two years-- .288/ .360/ .489/ .849-- would seem to indicate he's ready now. At 26/ 27, he's less a prospect. All the better for the Reds to pounce.

Hamilton would then become trade bait. So, how about:

KC receives Taylor Trammell, Jose Siri, Billy Hamilton, Michael Lorenzen, and Adam Duvall

Cincinnati receives Danny Duffy, Hunter Dozier, and Joakim Soria.

Kansas City needs some cheap production and some pop. Their minor league system is, to be kind, really rough. They also need players right now, as they have at least three starters who don't look likely to stick around. Lorenzo Cain is the least likely of their free agents to re-sign, so Hamilton takes over there. He'd be a nice weapon as a number nine hitter and a Gold Glove candidate perennially. Duvall could play 3B (if Moustakas won't re-sign), either corner OF spot, or 1B (if Hosmer doesn't re-sign). He's a nice stopgap who the Royals can sell as an All-Star. Lorenzen's a league average bullpen arm who the Royals might be able to unlock as either a starter or reliever. All three players are solid major leaguers. The influx of high-end prospects would be the reason to make the deal, however. Trammell and Siri would start the season in High A. They would instantly become the two top prospects in KC's pipeline.

Cincinnati gets a TOR guy in Duffy. He's an injury risk, but the kid's been nails when healthy. He's also relatively cheap-- $14 million next season, then three $15 million seasons after. Duffy's a lefty, which balances the rotation nicely. He'd immediately become the top starter in the Red rotation. Soria could be a solid closer, but as a secondary closer and late-inning set-up guy, he'd be a really nice guy to have. Not only that, he'd be a really solid trade chip somewhere around the All-Star break if the Reds can't compete for a playoff spot. Dozier's a utility guy and lotto ticket who could well be a solid bench bat at the corners.

These moves would cost the Reds somewhere around $15 million for the upcoming season. That means no other deals-- not even minor league free agents. It may even mean getting rid of some other arbitration eligibles. Still, it'd improve the squad even if they have to use AAAA depth.

That'd make the batting order:
    Winker LF
    Naquin CF
    Votto 1B
    Schebler RF
    Gennett 2B
    Diaz 3B
    Barnhart C
    Peraza SS

The rotation would be:
    Duffy
    DeSclafani
    Finnegan
    Bailey
    Castillo

The bullpen would improved too:
    Iglesias
    Soria
    Peralta
    Stephenson
    Romano
    Reed
    Garrett

Or any number of other in-house options.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Alright, alright, don't leave me hanging--who ya got playing CF?
    I'm thinking I'd give Profar a season long audition in center.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    If you have the arm/range 2B is tougher than SS to pickup because of the footwork.

Turn Off Ads?