Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 29 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-2018 Slobberknockers

Re: 2017-2018 Slobberknockers

I was listening to the Leadoff Spot on MLB Network a few days ago, and there was a Red Sox fan calling about how he thought they should do anything in their power to acquire Votto. Steve Phillips and CJ Nitkowski both stated they highly doubted Votto would waive his no trade clause, but if he did, the Red Sox would have to be willing to give up both Betts and Devers.

I'd rather not deal Votto, and the Sox probably wouldn't want to give up a package like that, but if they were truly willing to do this, that'd be awfully tough to turn down.

2. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (11-09-2017),Edd Roush (11-09-2017),marcshoe (11-09-2017),Revering4Blue (11-09-2017),Tom Servo (11-09-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    There are 33 players on the Reds 40 man roster right now, only 4 of them can not be optioned next year.

Bailey, Mesoraco, Votto, and Dilson Herrera.
    If this is true, I would be much more interested in a trade where the Reds got back Ryu and/or McCarthy. I would still want to try to flip either, but if the Reds could not get good value back, I would be open to the Reds pitching them in the rotation next year next to Bailey/Desclafani/Castillo. Finnegan, Stephenson, Romano and Reed could all use some more seasoning in AAA if all of the spots in the majors are full.

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post
    I was listening to the Leadoff Spot on MLB Network a few days ago, and there was a Red Sox fan calling about how he thought they should do anything in their power to acquire Votto. Steve Phillips and CJ Nitkowski both stated they highly doubted Votto would waive his no trade clause, but if he did, the Red Sox would have to be willing to give up both Betts and Devers.

I'd rather not deal Votto, and the Sox probably wouldn't want to give up a package like that, but if they were truly willing to do this, that'd be awfully tough to turn down.
    Yep. You do it, without thinking twice.
    WHEN DOES IT STOP!?!?

6. Likes:

Griffey012 (11-09-2017),marcshoe (11-09-2017)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edd Roush View Post
    If this is true, I would be much more interested in a trade where the Reds got back Ryu and/or McCarthy. I would still want to try to flip either, but if the Reds could not get good value back, I would be open to the Reds pitching them in the rotation next year next to Bailey/Desclafani/Castillo. Finnegan, Stephenson, Romano and Reed could all use some more seasoning in AAA if all of the spots in the majors are full.
    Looking at it I think Brock Stewart might be a better fit than McCarthy.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by Z-Fly View Post
    Yep. You do it, without thinking twice.
    And then trade Suarez and Hamilton for pitching upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by maniem View Post

Devers, sure. Betts, no. Phillips and Nitkowski have rocks in their heads if they think Boston's trading Betts. I suppose you ask on the off chance Dave Dombrowski has gone insane, but otherwise there's no chance he's in a package for anyone.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

I'm not sure if this fits the definition of slobber knocker, but what about Eugenio Suarez for Ender Inciarte?

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    I'm not sure if this fits the definition of slobber knocker, but what about Eugenio Suarez for Ender Inciarte?
    I'd rather have Allard and Gohara. Not really worried about this offense with Winker and Senzel arriving

Two-Time Batting Champ Edd Roush's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Looking at it I think Brock Stewart might be a better fit than McCarthy.
    Brock Stewart certainly has a much better chance of being a long-term piece. I would imagine that the Dodgers value him much more highly than McCarthy, though.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Devers, sure. Betts, no. Phillips and Nitkowski have rocks in their heads if they think Boston's trading Betts. I suppose you ask on the off chance Dave Dombrowski has gone insane, but otherwise there's no chance he's in a package for anyone.
    Agreed. Would love to have Betts, but highly unlikely.

Devers and Bogaerts for Votto/plus cash. Who hangs up first?

More likely would be Devers and Bradley for Votto and Duvall. Sox need/want homers. I do not see them moving Devers at all however.

Reds. Bogaerts, Benintendi & a very solid arm

Slobberknockers? Where is Krusty, anyway? All include Duvall, and I wouldn't trade Duvall this year at all. 30 HR, nearly 100 RBI two seasons running. Great plus defense. At the deadline maybe, 2019 for sure, maybe. And the return? not much.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

For Votto to the Red Sox - Jackie Bradley Jr., Eduardo Rodriguez, Michael Chavis and Jason Groome coming the other way.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

18. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-10-2017)

This was suggested on MLB Trade Rumors. Homer Bailey for Shin Soo Choo. If Texas would take Mesoraco too, I'd be all over it.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

Turn Off Ads?