Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 263

Thread: Stanton a Ratbird?

  1. #76
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    12,107

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Marlins have had preliminary talks with Red Sox, Cardinals, Phillies, and Giants:

    The Red Sox, Cardinals, Giants and Phillies are early contenders to put together a trade for Marlins superstar Giancarlo Stanton, Jon Morosi of MLB Network reports (on Twitter). There has been “preliminary communication” regarding the right fielder between each of those teams and the Marlins, according to Morosi, who adds that talks are likely to “intensify” at next week’s general managers meetings.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #77
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Ive seen people scolded for rooting for injuries...

    But if the Cards take on that 200 M contract is it ok to root for an baseball injury knowing the guy will get 200 M?

    Asking for a friend.

  4. Likes:

    REDREAD (11-13-2017)

  5. #78
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,466

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’ve seen people scolded for rooting for injuries...

    But if the Cards take on that 200 M contract is it ok to root for an baseball injury knowing the guy will get 200 M?

    Asking for a friend.
    Absolutely not.

  6. #79
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Absolutely not.
    So do we root for him to be super awesome?

    Forgive my friend. He didn’t mean root for an injury. Can he root for him to be a total failure?

  7. Likes:

    REDREAD (11-13-2017)

  8. #80
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,466

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So do we root for him to be super awesome?

    Forgive my friend. He didn’t mean root for an injury. Can he root for him to be a total failure?
    Why not just root for your guys to be better? Why root for the failure of others?

  9. #81
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Why not just root for your guys to be better? Why root for the failure of others?
    Cause it’s a zero sum game Doug.

    How do you want Stanton to perform if the Cards get him? Tell us.

  10. #82
    Member Tom Servo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    30,007

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Ive seen people scolded for rooting for injuries...

    But if the Cards take on that 200 M contract is it ok to root for an baseball injury knowing the guy will get 200 M?

    Asking for a friend.
    Yes, but only for things like a recurring hamstring issue, not for something like this again.

    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

  11. #83
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Yes, but only for things like a recurring hamstring issue, not for something like this again.

    Totally. I’m thinking a pinky injury that neutralizes his bat.

  12. Likes:

    Tom Servo (11-11-2017)

  13. #84
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,466

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Cause it’s a zero sum game Doug.

    How do you want Stanton to perform if the Cards get him? Tell us.
    I like watching players play to the best of their abilities..... so I'd like to see him hit 60 bombs.

  14. Likes:

    Jim (11-11-2017),MR X (11-11-2017)

  15. #85
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I like watching players play to the best of their abilities..... so I'd like to see him hit 60 bombs.
    Dougdirt ladies and gentlemen!

    Hey, I commend you for your honesty.

  16. #86
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,466

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Dougdirt ladies and gentlemen!

    Hey, I commend you for your honesty.
    Can I note that he hits none against the Reds?

  17. #87
    Viva la Rolen kaldaniels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    14,073

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Can I note that he hits none against the Reds?
    I’m reasonable. I’m a Reds fan first and foremost though. Expand that to they all have no negative effect on the Reds and you’ve got a deal.

  18. #88
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    48,466

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I’m reasonable. I’m a Reds fan first and foremost though. Expand that to they all have no negative effect on the Reds and you’ve got a deal.
    I'm not a wizard, Kal.

  19. Likes:

    kaldaniels (11-11-2017)

  20. #89
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    12,107

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Can I note that he hits none against the Reds?
    As long as you also note that he hits all of them with nobody on base.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

  21. #90
    Man Pills
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    26,590

    Re: Stanton a Ratbird?

    What in the name of Jim Edmonds, Matt Holliday, and Mark McGwire is Redszone rooting for the Cardinals to acquire a 60 homer bat for?

  22. Likes:

    Big Klu (11-11-2017),Mitri (11-13-2017),Raisor (11-11-2017),REDREAD (11-13-2017),Redsfaithful (11-15-2017),Revering4Blue (11-21-2017),Ron Madden (11-12-2017),The Operator (11-12-2017)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator