Turn Off Ads?
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667
Results 991 to 1,001 of 1001

Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Towns is killing Portlad in the paint. Only taken 2 three's.
    This game is hard to watch. The wolves were easily 10 points better than Portland this game but the refereeing is so biased for POrtland it will give them a 10 point win. Lilliard is getting every call he whines about and he whines a lot. 35-21 free throw advantage for Portland and the twolves were shooting in the paint far more frequently.
    And even though he and CJ are shooting like crap, they make one 4th quarter 3 and they start mugging and posing. You make one shot and it's "Lilliard time". What a punk.
    Portland may have won but they did not impress
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-02-2018 at 02:15 AM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    This game is hard to watch. The wolves were easily 10 points better than Portland this game but the refereeing is so biased for POrtland it will give them a 10 point win. Lilliard is getting every call he whines about and he whines a lot. 35-21 free throw advantage for Portland and the twolves were shooting in the paint far more frequently.
    And even though he and CJ are shooting like crap, they make one 4th quarter 3 and they start mugging and posing. You make one shot and it's "Lilliard time". What a punk.
    Portland may have won but they did not impress
    Lillard didn't make "one" shot. He was 9 for his last 13 and took the game over when it mattered, as expected, over the last five minutes.

Tonight Lillard got some of those Harden, Westbrook, Paul, LeBron calls tonight that he normally doesn't get, but he doesn't whine. He never whines. Sorry you're so bitter.

There were dozens of fouls the T-Wolves committed that were never called.

Lillard pointed to his wrist because he just hit a shot during an emotional moment that buried Minnesota and closed out the game. In a tight game with 5 minutes left Aminu nailed a three to put Portland up by three. Davis had just blocked Towns on a layup 30 seconds earlier. Both teams played great Defense all night, so it was intense by the players, who knew the importance of the game.

Portland got the ball back after Crawford missed a three and Crawford got frustrated, yanked Shabazz' arm, then shoved Shabazz into Towns who shoved Shabazz to the floor. Towns should have been "T'd". Easy call. The refs ignored it. So, C.J. took it personal and put a dagger into Minnesota by nailing a clutch "3", a habit of C.J.'s when he wants to answer a non-call by the refs. 6-pt lead, timeout Minnesota. Then, Portland gets the ball back again and Lillard puts the nail in the coffin with 3 minutes left. Lillard Time. 23 points in the 2nd half for Lillard, 5th game in 6 games where he's scored at least 21 in the 2nd Half. Didn't matter that he missed his first 9 shots.

Minnesota did a great job of making Portland uncomfortable on their shots. Portland did not hit a 3 in the first half. The game could have gotten out of hand early, but Minnesota turned the ball over too much and Portland got to the free throw line in the first quarter. Gibson's frustration was legitimate when he got the T (which Lillard missed), as Crawford was fouled and didn't get a call, but it's about time it goes the other way, as Crawford gets way too many calls where he is the instigator with his leg kicks and flops. Crawford flops more than a European player.

Minnesota's problem is what others pointed out. Thibs. Towns had one shot attempt the last 6:30 of the game. Criminal. Also, Thibs thinks he can win without employing the 3-pt shot. Minnesota was shooting 6% from 3 at one point in the 4th...1 for 15. Their only saving grace was Stotts' stubborness in not doubling Towns. Who can he pass it to? Double the guy. That's a no-brainer. Also, Harkless getting hurt in the 1st Qtr really hurt Portland. Turner took his minutes, and is playing with a black-and-blue toe for weeks, and he can't shoot. He went scoreless in 22 minutes.

Portland was getting killed with length, and then Stotts went small, Portland began to hit shots, Minnesota did not, Portland wanted it more, and they cruised to an easy win down the stretch because they outplayed Minnesota when it mattered, the last 5 minutes of the game.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-02-2018 at 06:45 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Dieng was horrible tonight, btw.

Gibson was strong, as he always has been vs Portland the last few years.

Wiggins played some really good Defense on C.J.

Portland had held Towns to 16, 16 and 20 the last 3 games, but Towns went inside tonight and scored against whoever was on him (always single-coverage). Aminu guarded him the most, and did well at times, but that's just too much size to give up. Again, they didn't got to Towns at all down the stretch. Didn't help when Portland nailed the back-to-back-to-back 3's, but Minnesota can't answer that kind of attack by another team. They have to be nearly perfect at two's.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-02-2018 at 06:39 AM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

As far as the 14 more free throws by Portland, that's because they had 12 free throws when the game was already over and Minnesota kept trying to close a 10 point game over the last 2-1/2 minutes and kept fouling. Add Gibson's technical, and another technical by Thibs, and that's your free throw discrepancy that you're whining about betterread.

Portland had no business losing to a Butler-less Minnesota team. Both teams struggled, Portland couldn't hit a shot, but both teams also played good Defense. In the end, Portland played better when it mattered.

Minnesota should lose Friday in Utah, too, as Portland, San Antonio and OKC all pass the T-Wolves in the standings and Utah gets within two games (in the loss) of them. Then Portland plays OKC Saturday and things change again.

Portland still has to play Boston, Cleveland, Houston twice, Golden State, Utah twice, OKC twice, San Antonio, Denver, New Orleans, Miami, and the Clippers. Toughest schedule in the league down the stretch.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-02-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Minnesota substantially outshot Portland. Slightly outrebounded them and had fewer turnovers. The difference was the free throw disparity, which was unmerited and bias-based. Ptown had no offense for nearly three quarters. The wolves played really good defense on McCollum and lilliard. Those two only started hitting shots when Ed Davis started setting beautiful moving block picks on the guys guarding them that Draymond Green himself would be proud of.
    Harkless sucks, I don't even remember him doing a single thing, just like Collins who seems to exist only to provide blocked shots for opposing centers, and like the white guy who "guarded" Crawford by hand checking him as much as he could. He also did not make one shot that I can recall. Regardless, Crawford needed to give the ball up, instead of chucking it up. He and JFT did not have good games. Tyus should have gotten more of their minutes
    PLand won because their closer did his job and Our closer is not playing. We weren't able to overcome that inequity.
    But these are contests, and whatever I think about it, Portlandia won.
    I think the wolves are entitled to Wiggins and Towns each getting 10 free throws tomorrow night vrs Utah.
    I feel very comfortable saying that Portland is no threat to Houston or GS, which is the same status as the Wolves.
    Last edited by Betterread; 03-02-2018 at 11:05 AM.

I did not watch the Blazers-Wolves game, but this back and forth has inspired me to take a forensic look at the boxscore.

- Seems like Shabazz Napier (16 pts, +21) was the unsung hero of the contest.
    - From the minutes played, I'm guessing Nurkic wasn't out there much in the 4th quarter.
    - In 2018, a 4-20 performance from the arc should lose close to 100% of the time.
    - Portland took 92 shots, Minnesota took 85.
    - The Wolves lost the turnover battle 15-8. Teague (5) and Wiggins (4) were the main culprits.
    - When I see Minnesota get beaten by 12 points in the 4th quarter, I'm thinking that's down to Jimmy Butler Deficit Disorder.
    Wait until the year after next year.

8. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    Minnesota substantially outshot Portland. Slightly outrebounded them and had fewer turnovers. The difference was the free throw disparity, which was unmerited and bias-based. Ptown had no offense for nearly three quarters. The wolves played really good defense on McCollum and lilliard. Those two only started hitting shots when Ed Davis started setting beautiful moving block picks on the guys guarding them that Draymond Green himself would be proud of.
    Harkless sucks, I don't even remember him doing a single thing, just like Collins who seems to exist only to provide blocked shots for opposing centers, and like the white guy who "guarded" Crawford by hand checking him as much as he could. He also did not make one shot that I can recall. Regardless, Crawford needed to give the ball up, instead of chucking it up. He and JFT did not have good games. Tyus should have gotten more of their minutes
    PLand won because their closer did his job and Our closer is not playing. We weren't able to overcome that inequity.
    But these are contests, and whatever I think about it, Portlandia won.
    I think the wolves are entitled to Wiggins and Towns each getting 10 free throws tomorrow night vrs Utah.
    I feel very comfortable saying that Portland is no threat to Houston or GS, which is the same status as the Wolves.
    You are clueless.

Only someone drunk as a skunk could come up with ideas as clueless as this. It would behoove you to listen to Reggie Miller when he does a broadcast in order to learn how the action you're watching relates to winning and losing the game.

It also might help if you actually watch a game before commenting about it as if you were watching it. To be so far off from simple facts,...turnovers, aggressiveness in play, deserved and undeserved free throw attempts, why one team won the the game and the other lost, it shows that you spent the whole time drinking, not watching. Again, Candace could give you a lot of insight. Anybody could.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-02-2018 at 04:26 PM.

I think Portland got the giant's share of questionable calls in their favor, pretty much all night.

No one should ever complain about the calls just flat given to Lillard and McCollum. Both are jump shooters who are given constant star treatment. Last night was no exception.

That said, this is the NBA and to be expected. Lillard gets calls he shouldn't. It happens every game. Same thing with Westbrook. Same thing with Griffin. Same thing with Paul. And Harden. And AD. And most of the big stars.

(It happens less, IMO, with Boogie, but I freely admit I'm biased.)

An interesting note (IMO), had Minnesota had Butler, he'd have gotten quite a few calls too. Perhaps enough to balance out the discrepancy on his own. (This is one reason Butler's addition is so important to a team like the T-Wolves.)
    Last edited by Bourgeois Zee; 03-02-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I did not watch the Blazers-Wolves game, but this back and forth has inspired me to take a forensic look at the boxscore.

- Seems like Shabazz Napier (16 pts, +21) was the unsung hero of the contest.
    - From the minutes played, I'm guessing Nurkic wasn't out there much in the 4th quarter.
    - In 2018, a 4-20 performance from the arc should lose close to 100% of the time.
    - Portland took 92 shots, Minnesota took 85.
    - The Wolves lost the turnover battle 15-8. Teague (5) and Wiggins (4) were the main culprits.
    - When I see Minnesota get beaten by 12 points in the 4th quarter, I'm thinking that's down to Jimmy Butler Deficit Disorder.
    Shabazz hit two key buckets that flipped the game putting Portland up by 2, finishing an 18-6 run. He got himself to the free throw line with aggressive drives. He needed to score, because Wiggins didn't have an effect Offensively until Harkless got hurt, and Wiggins' length got him some good looks. Lillard covered Wiggins, where he drew two Offensive fouls, but Wiggins had an Offensive advantage.

Davis came in midway in the 3rd and didn't leave. He was playing well. Nurkic was decent, but Stotts likes the combination of Davis and Zach. Zach and Aminu both had clean blocks on Towns, but Towns was gifted free throws instead. So, Stotts stuck with the smaller lineup because it was working, regardless of how the calls were falling.

It was only a matter of time when Lillard and C.J.'s and others shots would fall. Minnesota got 3 garbage-time 3's after starting 1-15.

Portland did a great job in caring for the ball with only 3 T.O.'s in the 1st half and 5 in the 2nd, thus they got more shots. Even though Towns had 19 2nd Qtr points, Portland tied them with points in the paint in the 1st half.

Portland is 2-0 against them without Butler, and 0-2 against them with Butler, but that could have easily been 1-1 if C.J.'s open 10-footer falls in Minnesota as time expired.

Portland is playing very well right now, something they normally do this time of year, as it takes them time to get it figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    I think Portland got the giant's share of questionable calls in their favor, pretty much all night.

No one should ever complain about the calls just flat given to Lillard and McCollum. Both are jump shooters who are given constant star treatment. Last night was no exception.

That said, this is the NBA and to be expected. Lillard gets calls he shouldn't. It happens every game. Same thing with Westbrook. Same thing with Griffin. Same thing with Paul. And Harden. And AD. And most of the big stars.
    That's a joke. McCollum has never been given a call in his life. Lillard has never been given star treatment and rarely gets the benefit of a call. Lillard is not a jump shooter. He spends twice as much time driving to the rim than he spends taking a jumpshot. McCollum rarely goes to the free throw line, so where are these calls he's getting?

Last season Lillard made a concerted effort to force referees to make a call because he was tired of never ever getting a call every year before that. He still never got a call last season, but taking 20 blows per game without a call every game last year, has finally earned him some calls this season. For every five calls he doesn't get he should have gotten, he gets one that goes in his favor.

Lillard doesn't even get the non-foul calls like Towns got last night, when Towns was blocked cleanly on shots, but got free throws instead. Towns is getting star treatment, not Lillard. I rewatched the game after seeing it live, and on replay, there wasn't one free throw Lillard received where he wasn't clearly fouled.

Minnesota continues to lose their cool. This team isn't going to make the playoffs. Too immature. Teague with the flagrant foul on Rubio.

Turn Off Ads?