Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 67 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Re: 2017-18 NBA Season Part II: Electric Boogie-lu

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    All of that is true, but none of that matters if they can't start to figure out how to close out games. Tonight was a perfect example in Sacramento. They had the game won. Never mind that it was one of the worst officiated games I've seen in my lifetime or that every time a Kings player needed to hit a shot down the stretch, they did (including the game winner from D'Aaron Fox; who's a terrible shooter). The fact is that Sixers had the game won but went into their typical offensive shell; which has now cost them at least two games this season.

I admire Brett Brown for taking the amount of pain he has over the past few years of losing, but the clock is now ticking for him. His longevity is going to be based on whether or not his team can fix the turnover issues and figure out how to win a game rather than not lose one.
    Just curious, did Sacramento go small against them a lot? I see Fox led them in minutes. He seems like exactly the kind of player who can drive them nuts.
    Wanted: Big Red Mechanic

Robert Stephenson should be cut. That's just unconscious knowledge.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Just curious, did Sacramento go small against them a lot? I see Fox led them in minutes. He seems like exactly the kind of player who can drive them nuts.
    Actually, no. They went big a lot; trying to clog the lanes and offer help against Embiid. The only reason it worked is that the officials ate their whistles. Philly is not a team that whines when they don't get calls because they're used to not getting calls. But even McConnell could be heard loudly exclaiming "Call the FOUL!" after one mugging that sent him halfway across the floor after a drive and missed attempt. Simmons almost got teed-up due to it and I'm sure Saric was swearing a lot in his native language. Fouls were 19 (Kings) to 28 (Sixers) by the end of it. Fox really wasn't much of a factor. He's got mad quicks, but he's not Dennis Schoder yet.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

4. Likes:

M2 (11-10-2017),Revering4Blue (11-10-2017)

Another Larkin getting work done.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip/_/id/21369869
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

So the Celtics were down 18 no Irving, Horford, Hayward, Tatum sore ankled and their top three shot takers last night went 9 for 42 and they still won.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    So the Celtics were down 18 no Irving, Horford, Hayward, Tatum sore ankled and their top three shot takers last night went 9 for 42 and they still won.
    Weak opponent, but the evidence suggests the Celtics are pretty good. Smart and Rozier are a playoff backcourt, and they come off the bench. Tatum's ankle seemed fine last night. He and Brown really get after it on the wings. And the team defends a ton.

ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight thinks Sixers could be dominant soon

The Sixers head into Monday night’s matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers sporting a two-game losing streak, but the statisticians at ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight website think that might change very soon.

According to senior sportswriters and obsessive number crunchers Chris Herring and Neil Paine, the Sixers could be dominant sooner rather than later. The assessment is based on FiveThirtyEight’s Elo ratings, which they describe as a“simple measure of strength based on game-by-game results.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20171113.html
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight thinks Sixers could be dominant soon

The Sixers head into Monday night’s matchup against the Los Angeles Clippers sporting a two-game losing streak, but the statisticians at ESPN’s FiveThirtyEight website think that might change very soon.

According to senior sportswriters and obsessive number crunchers Chris Herring and Neil Paine, the Sixers could be dominant sooner rather than later. The assessment is based on FiveThirtyEight’s Elo ratings, which they describe as a“simple measure of strength based on game-by-game results.”

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/...-20171113.html
    Well, Tonight (with Embiid, soon-to-be extended Covington and Simmons all beasting) was a good start.

Meanwhile, Six losses in a row for the Clips, who, granted, are not the same team without Beverly.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

10. Likes:

goreds2 (11-14-2017),Kingspoint (11-14-2017)

If the playoffs started now, the Sixers would be 7th seed.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Listened to the 2005 Div. Clincher on WLW - Watched the 2012 Div. Clincher on FOX.
    Watched the 2013 Playoff Clincher on FSO - Fiance' is a UK fan
    GO STEELERS - Go Buckeyes - Go SIXERS

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Cleveland and OKC will both miss the playoffs
    Hahahahahahah....

Excuse me...

Hahahahahahaha.

Do you really believe the best player on the planet (by a sizable margin, especially when engaged) has any chance of missing the playoffs? Have you already forgotten the scrub teams he dragged deep into the playoffs year after year?

They will be in the Finals, as scheduled, again this season.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Pathei mathos...

Quote Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
    Hahahahahahah....

Excuse me...

Hahahahahahaha.

Do you really believe the best player on the planet (by a sizable margin, especially when engaged) has any chance of missing the playoffs? Have you already forgotten the scrub teams he dragged deep into the playoffs year after year?

They will be in the Finals, as scheduled, again this season.

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk
    Welcome to the Party..
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

The gap between Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball is kind of enormous.

15. Likes:

goreds2 (11-16-2017),Kingspoint (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The gap between Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball is kind of enormous.
    Watching this Lakers 76ers game all I can think is the rumors of who Lebron is going to play for next year are focused on the wrong team.

Simmons, Embid, Lebron and good bye everyone else.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (11-16-2017),M2 (11-16-2017),Revering4Blue (11-16-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Watching this Lakers 76ers game all I can think is the rumors of who Lebron is going to play for next year are focused on the wrong team.

Simmons, Embid, Lebron and good bye everyone else.
    I'd love to see that. Unfortunately, I think Hollywood is guiding LeBron's thinking more than basketball.

You know who'd be great in Philly? Marcus Smart. Boston's not going to let that happen, but that team needs a lock-down guard who can move the ball.

Joel Embiid is #good
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

20. Likes:

goreds2 (11-16-2017)

I dunno how the last 2+ minutes is going to go, but Embiid just made a move that would make Hakeem Olajuwon blush.
    "The problem with strikeouts isn't that they hurt your team, it's that they hurt your feelings..." --Rob Neyer

"The single most important thing for a hitter is to get a good pitch to hit. A good hitter can hit a pitch that’s over the plate three times better than a great hitter with a ball in a tough spot.”
    --Ted Williams

22. Likes:

goreds2 (11-16-2017),M2 (11-16-2017)

Turn Off Ads?