Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roy Halladay dies in plane crash

Re: Roy Halladay dies in plane crash

Heart breaking stuff, Looking at his twitter it looks like he got the plane less than a month ago as a retirement present for himself. I still remember him throwing a no-no vs the Reds in the first ever Reds playoff game I watched. Condolences and Prayers to his friends and family.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Very tragic. Condolences to his family, friends and former teammates. I always appreciated how we went about his business as a professional.

I also very much like the quote he had on his Twitter page: Courage is not being fearless but rather acting in spite of the existence of fear.

RIP

4. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2017)

Just terrible news. Always loved watching him pitch. That no-hitter in the playoffs was a masterpiece, no matter how painful it was to me as a Reds fan. RIP.
    "I’ll kind of have a foot on the back of my own butt. That’s just how I do things.” -- Bryan Price, 10/22/2013

6. Likes:

goreds2 (11-08-2017)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Sad. Eerily similar to Corey Lidle.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Who was his teammate in 2003

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Sad. Eerily similar to Corey Lidle.

Sucks....great great pitcher and guy

Well this is awful to hear. He was one of my favorite players of all time.

I'll never forget watching the 2010 NLDS Game 1 and I was so excited as the Reds had made the playoffs for the first time in 15 years. As the game went on, I just got this sinking feeling as more and more time elapsed that the best offense in the National League was going to be no hit. Not only did the Reds lose the game, but the Reds looked completely overmatched in that game. That lineup was featuring Joey Votto, who won his only MVP to date in 2010. That was certainly a special game and sometimes in baseball, you have to tip your cap to the other team or certain players. It's certainly a shame to hear of his passing at such a young age.

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (11-08-2017),goreds2 (11-08-2017),KYExtemper (11-07-2017),Revering4Blue (11-07-2017),Tom Servo (11-07-2017)

Hate to learn of this terrible news. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

15. Likes:

Revering4Blue (11-07-2017)

Guy wants to start an argument over what point the tweet was about? How about it's just comparing 2 great pitchers of their own time. The majority of tweets seemed to be made by Tw**s.

This does remind me of Munson. Terrible day that was that I can still remember.

17. Likes:

goreds2 (11-08-2017),Revering4Blue (11-07-2017)

I want to think about how great a pitcher Halladay was but to be honestly I'm mostly just thinking of the pictures of him with his family today. 40 years old with a wife and teen boys. Damn.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

19. Likes:

alwaysawarrior (11-08-2017),Chip R (11-08-2017),Edd Roush (11-07-2017),HeatherC1212 (11-08-2017),nmculbreth (11-08-2017),Revering4Blue (11-07-2017),StRedlegs900 (11-08-2017),Tony Cloninger (11-07-2017)

So sad. I respected Halliday even though on that day in 2010, I was seething mad at him. Once that hurt was over, I realized that he was just a fantastic pitcher and a wonderful human being. Prayers to his wife and young kids. Life is not fair.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

This is awful news.

Despite the fact that he ruined what was supposed to be a great day for us all in 2010, I still had a ton of respect for him and I loved watching him pitch. Just a tragic turn of events.
    Last edited by The Operator; 11-07-2017 at 11:04 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

22. Likes:

goreds2 (11-08-2017)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Imagine being Jon. Actually, don't.

24. Likes:

OGB (11-08-2017),Revering4Blue (11-09-2017),Tony Cloninger (11-08-2017)

Turn Off Ads?