Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Hillerman, R.I.P.

John Hillerman, R.I.P.

John Hillerman, character actor who appeared in such films as "Blazing Saddles" and Chinatown," and who is probably best remembered for his role as "Higgins" in "Magnum, P.I.," has passed away at age 84. Although he excelled at playing a somewhat stuffy Englishman, he was a native Texan. R.I.P.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (11-19-2017)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: John Hillerman, R.I.P.

RIP Higgy baby

Watching Magnum a couple of days ago and wondering how old Hillerman was now. I thought he might have been younger than he seemed, but I had forgotten Blazing Saddles.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Watching Magnum a couple of days ago and wondering how old Hillerman was now. I thought he might have been younger than he seemed, but I had forgotten Blazing Saddles.
    Roger Mosley (TC) is only 6 years younger than Hillerman.

That blows my mind

Higgins is one of my favorite tv characters. I actually DVR Magnum to watch him.

It was funny and a little eerie that yesterdays show was about Higgins being fired from the estate and how everyone missed him including the lads.
    "Boys, I'm one of those umpires that misses 'em every once in a while so if it's close, you'd better hit it." Cal Hubbard

Quote Originally Posted by George Anderson View Post
    Higgins is one of my favorite tv characters. I actually DVR Magnum to watch him.

It was funny and a little eerie that yesterdays show was about Higgins being fired from the estate and how everyone missed him including the lads.
    what channel is it on? My all time favorite show.

I watch it on one of the Starz/Encore channels; I don't remember which. I could look it up, but I'm lazy.

edit: apparently it's "Starz Classic".
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

10. Likes:

George Anderson (11-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    I watch it on one of the Starz/Encore channels; I don't remember which. I could look it up, but I'm lazy.

edit: apparently it's "Starz Classic".
    Excellent. Thanks.

Got the whole series on DVD a year or two ago for Christmas. I plan to rewatch some episodes this weekend. Selleck/Hillerman made that Magnum/Higgins relationship just classic. The way it matured and developed over time was great. Perfect combination of hijinks, respect, humor, and friendship by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes:

Raisor (11-10-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Donder View Post
    Got the whole series on DVD a year or two ago for Christmas. I plan to rewatch some episodes this weekend. Selleck/Hillerman made that Magnum/Higgins relationship just classic. The way it matured and developed over time was great. Perfect combination of hijinks, respect, humor, and friendship by the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    always loved the practical joke war episodes, especially the The Bridge on the River Kwai

Turn Off Ads?