Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Iglesias trade talk on MLB Rumors

Re: Iglesias trade talk on MLB Rumors

Quote Originally Posted by citizen View Post
    Here is something I wonder in relation, if Hunter Greene spent some years in the minors as a pitcher and came to the Reds being somewhat equal in talent to Iglesias, would you consider that good?
    In talent? Yes. Would prefer more durability so he could start though.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    This. There's a deal out there, but I suspect it will be a massive haul for the Reds if it happens.

Another SS possibility is Willie Adames from TBR. A deal centered around him might make some sense for both teams.
    Not being a smartass here, why would the rays trade for a closer when they haven’t been very competitive either?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Auzie View Post
    In talent? Yes. Would prefer more durability so he could start though.

- - - Updated - - -

Not being a smartass here, why would the rays trade for a closer when they haven’t been very competitive either?
    They also have the guy that lead the league in saves.

Making A Pass By GABP OhioRiverBarge's Avatar

MLBTR breaks down Iglesias trade fits. The top three seem to be Rockies, Nats, Dodgers—in that order. Rockies are losing their big 3 workhorses out of the pen, so they have the biggest need. Though Nats and Dodgers have the big tickets that just might push Dick to pull the trigger (Robles/Verdugo).

Check it:
    https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...ias-trade.html
    "In our sundown perambulations of late through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base,' a certain game of ball. We wish such sights were more common among us...The game of ball is glorious..." -Walt Whitman, 1846

The best fit for Raisel Iglesias is pitching for the Reds in the 8th and 9th inning. Maybe if the Astros wanted him and offered Keuchel and a prospect (which they wont).
    2018 prediction: 1.Cubs 2. Brewers 3. Cardinals 4. Pirates DNF Reds

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Strikes Out Looking View Post
    The best fit for Raisel Iglesias is pitching for the Reds in the 8th and 9th inning. Maybe if the Astros wanted him and offered Keuchel and a prospect (which they wont).
    I kinda feel this way, although if I'm the Reds and can turn 75 effective innings into 180 effective innings plus a top prospect and another solid prospect, I'm gonna take that option.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

I would like to see the Reds sell high on Iggy.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

8. Likes:

Donder (11-26-2017),nmculbreth (11-26-2017),Ron Madden (11-26-2017),SErebel11 (11-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by OhioRiverBarge View Post
    MLBTR breaks down Iglesias trade fits. The top three seem to be Rockies, Nats, Dodgers—in that order. Rockies are losing their big 3 workhorses out of the pen, so they have the biggest need. Though Nats and Dodgers have the big tickets that just might push Dick to pull the trigger (Robles/Verdugo).
    If the Dodgers are willing to deal Verdugo for Iglesias, I'd do that deal every day.

Ditto Robles.

Ditto Rodgers.

Talent who plays 150 games and 1300 innings tends to be more impactful than talent who plays 80 - 100 innings.

10. Likes:

corkedbat (11-27-2017),marcshoe (11-27-2017),Ron Madden (11-26-2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Bourgeois Zee View Post
    If the Dodgers are willing to deal Verdugo for Iglesias, I'd do that deal every day.

Ditto Robles.

Ditto Rodgers.

Talent who plays 150 games and 1300 innings tends to be more impactful than talent who plays 80 - 100 innings.
    Couldn't agree more. I'd be willing to even include Hamilton and even a minor leaguer if it gets it done and the Nats pony up a solid arm in a deal for Robles. I'd look to expand the other options as well.

If they do deal Iggy, I'd take a look at moving Billy and Gennett and then use their projected salaries along with what they're already to spend on those three to try and sign a couple of FA relievers a step up from what they're looking at now. Love Raisel and certainly wouldn't give him away, but if I can deal a closer for FRONTLINE young talent I'd do it in a second. I don't mind keeping a bit though if offers are two or three B/C-level prospects. I do not do it unless there's a top 25-level young'un.
    Last edited by corkedbat; 11-27-2017 at 11:34 PM.

I say we wait until he has a domestic violence altercation then sell him for a bag of peanuts.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I woke up this morning after having a dream that the Reds re-signed Bailey to a 5-yr $100MM deal. I hope I'm wrong.
    Baseball Nerdists FB Group

13. Likes:

Roy Tucker (11-27-2017),WrongVerb (11-27-2017)

Speaking of the bullpen,over the last half-century (plus) as a Reds fan, it seemed like the one constant was pretty much a solid bullpen - the Big Red Machine (Eastwick, McEnaney, Carroll, Borbon), The Nasty Boys (Dibble, Jones, Charlton) and quality pens/relievers before & since. The rotation was often a hogepodge, if not a hot mess, but it seemed the pen was there. That's what frustrates me so about (sans Raisel) the bullpen being so putrid. Doesn't seem to me that it should be so hard to put together a league-average relief corp, maybe not the next Nasty Boys, but something reliable & respectable..

I'm I'm the Reds, I go into Spring Training with a camp within a camp - a bullpen bootcamp. I'd cull the 10-12 MiL relievers I believe most likely to be able to help me in the pen in the next three years, I a coach with a knack for developing relievers and maybe a 3 or 4 "guest" instructors who have been successful relievers on the MLB level and I make it a mission to crank out quality, relievers. I tell the guys if you're gonna make it to the Bigs, it's gonna be through the bullpen and I try to generate competition as well as comaraderie. I also find a way to somehow extend it into the regular systems across the top levels (Maybe A+ thru AAA). I make it something for kids in the lower level so shoot for and I develop criteria that is taught across the entire system. Maybe I'd even come up with some kind of title for it to give it some prestige.

My first batch would include guys like Herget, Weiss, Rainey, Hendrix, Mitchell, Tapia, Stock, McKirahan, Hernandez and maybe start culling some starters earlier like Stephens or Davis. One thing I would do is take Mella and start grooming him as a closer immediately. I think the Reds keep their best arms as starters up until the very last moment and I understand - I also agree with it to a point, but I think it almost seems like the pen is a punishment. I think there is something to be said for developing a "relief culture" within the system that prizes top relievers.

I'd designate 1 or even two of the seven relief slots in this year's Reds Opening Day bullpen to these guys if earned, two or three next year and at least three of four by 2020 (I'd say four or five if it weren't for the need for lefties in the pen and the complete dearth of LH relievers currently in the Reds system).

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    I say we wait until he has a domestic violence altercation then sell him for a bag of peanuts.

As long as no garages are harmed.

Turn Off Ads?