Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Louis C.K.

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,448

    Louis C.K.

    I guess I've been living under a rock, because I just heard/read about the Louis C.K. allegations today. What a waste of talent that weirdo is.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #2
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    18,853

    Re: Louis C.K.

    He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section. Weird guy indeed with no self respect. I contend his behavior is more humiliating to him than to any woman.

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,448

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section.
    I figured. I don't think it's a political issue, though. It's not the "Anything Remotely Controversial" forum.

  5. Likes:

    Bob Sheed (11-15-2017),Sea Ray (11-14-2017)

  6. #4
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,930

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Don't have heroes, kids.

  7. Likes:

    757690 (11-14-2017),Roy Tucker (11-15-2017),Stray (11-17-2017),westofyou (11-14-2017)

  8. #5
    Maple SERP savafan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    17,688

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Don't have heroes, kids.
    You can, just no mere mortal human being. Choose Batman.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

  9. Likes:

    WrongVerb (11-14-2017)

  10. #6
    Rally Onion! Chip R's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    39,086

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Now this is not victim blaming in any sense and it could have been the victims were just too surprised to do anything but when someone like C.K. pulls it out and starts jacking, why doesn't someone just punch him in the nuts? I'm guessing that would be the last time he whipped it out in front of anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

  11. #7
    Member Redsfaithful's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Bexley, OH
    Posts
    7,753

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Now this is not victim blaming in any sense and it could have been the victims were just too surprised to do anything but when someone like C.K. pulls it out and starts jacking, why doesn't someone just punch him in the nuts? I'm guessing that would be the last time he whipped it out in front of anyone.
    He's six foot tall, probably 240lbs, and these women are probably 120 lbs. I imagine because they are afraid he'll rape them.

    That's before getting into they are in same industry and they're probably also worried he'll ruin their careers - that's more of a secondary worry at the time it's happening, but it's there too.
    "For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." - H. L. Mencken

  12. #8
    Member marcshoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Worlds best left undiscovered.
    Posts
    8,689

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    He's been discussed quite a bit in the Political Section. Weird guy indeed with no self respect. I contend his behavior is more humiliating to him than to any woman.
    I heard a couple of guys addressing this on the Daily Zeitgeist podcast. One expressed this notion, saying he'd rather be caught killing someone, and the other said that he'd read that people who do this tend to have a ton of unaddressed anger toward women. I don't know whether that's true; I can see him as a self-humiliating type. His act at times seems designed to make people uncomfortable (not that he's unique in that). Either way, it's not good.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    He's six foot tall, probably 240lbs, and these women are probably 120 lbs. I imagine because they are afraid he'll rape them.

    That's before getting into they are in same industry and they're probably also worried he'll ruin their careers - that's more of a secondary worry at the time it's happening, but it's there too.
    This seems to be an issue, with one woman even being told that if she said anything, it wouldn't be Louis's career that was ruined.
    Last edited by marcshoe; 11-14-2017 at 04:17 PM.
    “It is quite possible--overwhelmingly probable, one might guess--that we will always learn more about human life and personality from novels than from scientific psychology” ― Noam Chomsky

  13. #9
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,930

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    You can, just no mere mortal human being. Choose Batman.
    I think I could do better. I'll have to get back to you on this one.

  14. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,448

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I think I could do better. I'll have to get back to you on this one.
    Better than Batman? Joey Votto?

  15. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,448

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Now Al Franken. LOL

    These people...

  16. #12
    Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    47,930

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Human beings are the worst. I can't wait for my robot overlords.

  17. #13
    Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    American Canyon, CA
    Posts
    11,592

    Re: Louis C.K.

    I said it a few weeks ago, and it's proving to be true: this is a subject that's going to find accused people of every stripe, from every walk of life. Some will be people you've beloved for decades (Bill Cosby fits that description for me), and some will be people you've reviled for ages.

    In the end, we men are hoping to get to take stock of who we are, and how we are going to do better now that women are our peers in just about every area of life.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

  18. #14
    They call me "chef"
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,850

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago, and it's proving to be true: this is a subject that's going to find accused people of every stripe, from every walk of life. Some will be people you've beloved for decades (Bill Cosby fits that description for me), and some will be people you've reviled for ages.

    In the end, we men are hoping to get to take stock of who we are, and how we are going to do better now that women are our peers in just about every area of life.
    I'm sure dudes will find a way and devote time/effort to keep that from being a smooth transition. Guys of all stripes, to borrow your term, are finding common ground in being very uncomfortable with the idea that a woman can vocalize her experiences with sexual assault without their approval or oversight.
    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt
    Guys, just stop arguing with him. He will literally never stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray
    Larry is living the role of the underachiever who's still struggling to get a life so he spends hours upon hours posting worthless bilge on the 'net
    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo!
    I think those are just two separate quotes and not meant to be taken together.

  19. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,448

    Re: Louis C.K.

    Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Human beings are the worst. I can't wait for my robot overlords.
    I think you're pretty much right, frankly. People in general are pretty revolting. RF said something in another thread about men in power treating women bad, but I don't think it's that limited. I've been around plenty of women in power, and they're generally awful, too. Just in a different way. And the "men in power" who are mistreating women are usually mistreating men, too. Just differently.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 11-16-2017 at 07:12 PM.

  20. Likes:

    Joseph (11-21-2017)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator