Turn Off Ads?
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 283435363738

Thread: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

Re: 2018 Bengals Season - Marvin is Coach For Life!

Stanley Wilson was arrested again...trying to steal a Mercedes froma dealership here around Portland. Struggled during arrest, so there's those charges, too.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Likes:

Dom Heffner (05-31-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Last edited by Kingspoint; 05-24-2018 at 11:17 PM.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." -- Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Stanley Wilson was arrested again...trying to steal a Mercedes froma dealership here around Portland. Struggled during arrest, so there's those charges, too.
    Just to be clear, this wasn't the former Bengal Stanley Wilson. This is Stan Jr:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...gon/644872002/

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Just to be clear, this wasn't the former Bengal Stanley Wilson. This is Stan Jr:

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...gon/644872002/

Apple doesn't fall far from the tree...
    Thanks for clarfying that. I didn't.

Logon Woodside arrested in Kentucky for DUI

According to online public records, Cincinnati Bengals rookie quarterback Logan Woodside was arrested in Bellevue, Kentucky on June 9 for speeding and operating a motor vehicle under the influence.

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...dui/694865002/

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Logan Woodside arrested in Kentucky for DUI
    Not good for a guy who was a longshot to make the team ayway

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Marvin Lewis was vague on Tyler Eifert's health after he missed Tuesday's minicamp session.

Per reporter Jim Owczarski, Lewis was "surprised" at Eifert's absence. "As time goes on when we start to play football then we will have an idea of where he is," Lewis said afterward. Eifert claimed he was back to full health in March, but he was limited in last month's OTAs sessions. One of the league's least-durable players, Eifert has appeared in 24-of-64 possible games over the past four years.

Source: Paul Dehner on Twitter

From Rotoworld wth Rotoworld comments:

Bengals DE Carlos Dunlap claims his absence from voluntary OTAs, which cost him a $300,000 bonus, was not about his contract.

Dunlap said he "wanted to remain working out in Florida and it was not related to the contract." That doesn't pass the smell test, especially since Dunlap added the sides have made progress on an extension as he heads into the final year of his deal. Coming off a 7.5-sack campaign, 2018 will be Dunlap's age-29 season.

Source: bengals.com

Good news on Price per Jay Morrison in the Daily News:

Cincinnati Bengals first-round pick Billy Price still isn’t able to do any drills against the defense, and won’t be for the duration of this mandatory minicamp, but the former Ohio State center said it’s only a matter of days before he gets full medical clearance on the pectoral injury he suffered at the Combine.

I’m going to be cleared next week when I go for my all check,” Price said prior to Tuesday’s practice. “I just did 305 this morning on the bench. We’re OK.”

13. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Good news on Price per Jay Morrison in the Daily News:
    Yes Price got full clearance today to resume all football activities.

Yup. All pretty great news:

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-...c-b04a665a8706

The surprise isn’t that rookie center Billy Price’s New York doctor cleared him for all football activities on Monday. The surprise is that he did so much work on the field during the last month before he did get cleared. As he rehabbed from early March surgery to repair a partially torn pectoral muscle, Price did everything in the May on-field voluntary drills but 11-on-11 full-blown team snaps. “Well, yeah, maybe,” said Price Monday, asked if he did more than had been prescribed. “But it always felt great. I didn’t feel like I overdid anything. When you think about it, being at Ohio State and then coming down here (in the middle of it), the rehab probably went as smoothly as it could have.”

Price, back in Cincinnati after the quick up-and-back to The Big Apple, had always been penciled in for the start of training camp even before the Bengals took him with their first pick at No. 21. As the club wrapped up its mandatory minicamp last Thursday, Price theorized he was a month ahead of schedule and he’s emboldened by the work he did get done in new offensive line coach Frank Pollack’s scheme. There were those that were surprised Price got as much done physically during the nine practice sessions since Pollack’s intense individual drills are seen to be as demanding, if not more so, than the team work. Pollack’s emphasis on punching and use of hands tested Price’s rehab right away and he passed with flying colors. “Any offensive lineman has to be able to use the arms and hands to be able to punch,” Price said. “The only restriction was not being able to go 11-on-11 and now that’s been lifted, so we’re good to go.”

The Bengals are also emboldened by their choice back in April. It’s believed they had Price and Frank Ragnow, the 6-5, 312-pounder from Arkansas, rated pretty much evenly among centers and when the Lions took Ragnow No. 20 Price was the no-doubt pick. After watching the 6-3, 300-pound Price work, the Bengals believe his frame may actually be a better fit than Ragnow for what Pollack asks his linemen to do.

“I just have to keep it going,” Price said. “So far so good. I’ve got another big month to go.” Here’s another reason why the Bengals also think he’s a great fit for what Pollack is building up front. His unvarnished work ethic. Price has already found a home in Kentucky, has settled in after his move from Columbus, and plans to work with Bengals rehab trainer Nick Cosgray daily at Paul Brown Stadium until training camp start July 26. That’s three months to the day after the draft and he figures to be lining up as the No. 1 center.

“I won’t be with Coach Pollack, but I’ll be doing some on-field stuff with Nick Cosgray,” said Price, who is back to repping 315 pounds. “I’ll keep studying the playbook and try to keep getting stronger
    .”

16. Likes:

Kingspoint (06-19-2018)

me watching the Reds... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Yeah, I know...it's the Bengals so get ready for the next Kijana Carson Palmer or whatever...

But this guy seems like what a franchise center should be like.

18. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-19-2018),Kingspoint (06-19-2018)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Yeah, I know...it's the Bengals so get ready for the next Kijana Carson Palmer or whatever...

But this guy seems like what a franchise center should be like.
    Yeah, we've heard those ducks fart underwater before.

me watching the Reds... Bob Sheed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Yeah, we've heard those ducks fart underwater before.

Turn Off Ads?