Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Westgate Odds

Bama 3-1
    UGA 9-2
    Clemson 6-1
    OSU 8-1
    Michigan 10-1
    PSU 12-1
    I would short the heck out of Michigan if I could.

Alabama will win it again, the path is already cemented in their favor.

I think a little of the shine was taken off of Clemson this season, a la OSU two years ago.

Re: College Football 2018

Next year, same as last year

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

All I can say is that B1G East is gonna be a meat grinder next year

Former 5* QB Jacob Eason will transfer from Georgia to Washington, barring any last-minute change of heart. He will be eligible in 2019.

In other news, former UK offensive coordinator and Troy head coach Neal Brown is the favorite to land the Arizona head coaching job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

They need to expand the play-offs to eight games so the other seven can duke it out for the right to face 'Bama!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

9. Likes:

bucksfan2 (01-09-2018),Chip R (01-09-2018),cumberlandreds (01-10-2018),dubc47834 (01-10-2018),Revering4Blue (01-09-2018)

Final USA Today Poll

http://sportspolls.usatoday.com/ncaa...-poll/2017/16/

They didn't drop any of the playoff teams out of the top 4. They left OSU at 5 which is where they were at the end of the regular season. Central FL is at #7. Tennessee missed out on the top 25.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Tennessee missed out on the top 25.
    Now, is that the top 25 teams in the nation or the top 25 teams in Tennessee?

12. Likes:

Chip R (01-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Now, is that the top 25 teams in the nation or the top 25 teams in Tennessee?
    I cannot confirm or deny that they made the top 25 in the state of Tennessee

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...labama-for-nfl

Bruce Arians cranking up the the Saban to the Giants rumors. I think he'd be crazy to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...labama-for-nfl

Bruce Arians cranking up the the Saban to the Giants rumors. I think he'd be crazy to do that.
    I'm not convinced Saban is at all interested in the NFL. Arians didn't convince me of that. Once we get past that hurdle then we can talk

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm not convinced Saban is at all interested in the NFL. Arians didn't convince me of that. Once we get past that hurdle then we can talk
    It’s like Calipari to “insert NBA team here”.

I think Saban retires from football before making another NFL attempt. If he wins again next season and passes Bear, then I think that aspect becomes a reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

17. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-09-2018),Revering4Blue (01-09-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    It’s like Calipari to “insert NBA team here”.

I think Saban retires from football before making another NFL attempt. If he wins again next season and passes Bear, then I think that aspect becomes a reality.
    I tend to agree, but there has to be something eating at those two that they failed at the top level.

19. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-10-2018)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I tend to agree, but there has to be something eating at those two that they failed at the top level.
    True.

But looking back, they, IMHO, were each doomed by a colossal Front Office failure:

1)Cal wanted the Nets to call Kobe Bryant's bluff (He was going to play only in LA) and draft him in '96. The GM and ownership didn't want to risk it.

2)Prior to the '06 season, the Dolphin's choices for acquiring a top-flight QB were 1)Signing Drew Brees. 2)Trading a second-rounder for Dante Culpepper. Though both were considered injury risks, the Dolphins chose the later.

And while we're playing the "what if" game, imagine this very plausible scenario:

RichRod (The Tide's first choice at the time) accepts the Crimson Tide job when Mike Shula is let go.

Saban remains in Miami for one more season and.....wait for it.... lands up in Ann Arbor to replace Carr.

The CFB landscape would be entirely different today.
    Whatever you do, do your best to not allow the struggles of life to interfere with the pleasures of living.

21. Likes:

Assembly Hall (01-10-2018)

Turn Off Ads?