Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2018

Re: College Football 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I honestly don't know if SEC teams could control where you transferred to as an undergraduate. Regardless it's a good change
    They absolutely can. The schools have the ability to release you from your scholarship. Normally they agree to that as long as you don't go to a few schools they list.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    They absolutely can. The schools have the ability to release you from your scholarship. Normally they agree to that as long as you don't go to a few schools they list.
    As I understand the new NCAA rule, you don't need your current school's permission to transfer anymore. Once you put in the request, they have to let you go and any other school can contact you. However, conferences can set up internal rules that are more restrictive. If I'm interpreting that correctly, the SEC can continue to require the current school's permission for other league members to contact a transferring player. (I don't know for sure they will, I'm just using them as an example.) If so, Georgia could block a player from transferring to South Carolina. But they couldn't block him from transferring to Clemson.

The player would still have to sit out a year, of course, unless he's a grad transfer.

Speaking of grad transfers, I double-checked the recent SEC rule change, it is what I thought I'd heard -- they will allow grad transfers to play immediately when transferring within the league. Before, they'd make grad transfers within the league sit a year even though the NCAA rule allowed immediate eligibility.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

If you have Comcast you may not be seeing Big 10 Network and FS1 games this fall.

https://t.co/LS6ufW0Fx9?amp=1
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

We're only two weeks away from another college football season. Let's start talking about it.

There are a lot of QB battles out there this year including Alabama and of course my team, Tennessee:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...9/#120668629_6

It's hard for us fans to judge since these teams don't play televised pre season games. Unfortunately for my Vols, there's a ton of uncertainty going into this year. I'll be downright thrilled with a 6-6 yr. As for the QB position, it appears to be between Jarrett Guarantano and Stanford grad transfer Keller Chryst. Guarantano has the superior physical skills but he wasn't too good on the field last yr. Is that due to his play or poor coaching? I saw Chryst play for Stanford last yr and I was not impressed. I'm afraid this will be another rebuilding yr in Knoxville.

It's not easy being Sea Ray. Of my teams (Reds, Bengals, Vols, UC) the Bengals are the creme of the crop. That's depressing.

I'm expecting UCLA to blow out UC in two weeks as they begin their Chip Kelly era

The game I am most looking forward to this season:

Miami (FL) at The University of Toledo - 9/15

I will be at the glass bowl with my dad and son.

I am pumped!
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The game I am most looking forward to this season:

Miami (FL) at The University of Toledo - 9/15

I will be at the glass bowl with my dad and son.

I am pumped!
    Think the Rockets have a shot? What kind of team are they expecting this year?

Think the Rockets have a shot? What kind of team are they expecting this year?
    It will be tough with the loss of Woodside to your Bengals.

However, the rockets have a history of knocking off P5 teams at the Glass Bowl. They beat a 9th ranked Pitt team featuring Larry Fitzgerald in Toledo 15 years ago. The rockets feature one of the best WR corps in the nation, a preseason 1st team all American at kick and punt return, a solid o-line, solid RB. The defense lost a lot of talent and Woodside is arguably the greatest QB in rocket history.

9 out of 10 times the Canes win this game, but the glass bowl is going to be rocking.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    It will be tough with the loss of Woodside to your Bengals.

However, the rockets have a history of knocking off P5 teams at the Glass Bowl. They beat a 9th ranked Pitt team featuring Larry Fitzgerald in Toledo 15 years ago. The rockets feature one of the best WR corps in the nation, a preseason 1st team all American at kick and punt return, a solid o-line, solid RB. The defense lost a lot of talent and Woodside is arguably the greatest QB in rocket history.

9 out of 10 times the Canes win this game, but the glass bowl is going to be rocking.
    Good report. I must have forgotten...Why did Woodside miss the Bowl game?

I'm heading to Orlando for the Louisville/Alabama game, so I'm definitely getting amped up for football. It's going to be amazing tailgating and being in the stadium for a college football game again. Once kickoff happens....things might get less great, but I'll be well medicated by that point, so I'll be able to handle it.

Good report. I must have forgotten...Why did Woodside miss the Bowl game?
    Woodside played in last year’s bowl game, he was just really bad for some reason. The whole team was. Terrible game.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

We're only two weeks away from another college football season. Let's start talking about it.

There are a lot of QB battles out there this year including Alabama and of course my team, Tennessee:

https://247sports.com/LongFormArticl...9/#120668629_6

It's hard for us fans to judge since these teams don't play televised pre season games. Unfortunately for my Vols, there's a ton of uncertainty going into this year. I'll be downright thrilled with a 6-6 yr. As for the QB position, it appears to be between Jarrett Guarantano and Stanford grad transfer Keller Chryst. Guarantano has the superior physical skills but he wasn't too good on the field last yr. Is that due to his play or poor coaching? I saw Chryst play for Stanford last yr and I was not impressed. I'm afraid this will be another rebuilding yr in Knoxville.

It's not easy being Sea Ray. Of my teams (Reds, Bengals, Vols, UC) the Bengals are the creme of the crop. That's depressing.

I'm expecting UCLA to blow out UC in two weeks as they begin their Chip Kelly era
    I will be keeping an eye on the Vols. I am curious as to how the new ball coach is gonna work out.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I will be keeping an eye on the Vols. I am curious as to how the new ball coach is gonna work out.
    Ditto. I think he's going to have some issues learning the job. We have to accept that. The one nice thing is the fact that he's replacing a coach that bad in every way except recruiting. The guy couldn't assemble a decent assistant staff, couldn't coach X's and O's, couldn't game plan and couldn't coach young men. So Pruitt doesn't have large shoes to fill

Ditto. I think he's going to have some issues learning the job. We have to accept that. The one nice thing is the fact that he's replacing a coach that bad in every way except recruiting. The guy couldn't assemble a decent assistant staff, couldn't coach X's and O's, couldn't game plan and couldn't coach young men. So Pruitt doesn't have large shoes to fill
    Well, I will say this. His resume is impressive......but just on the defensive side of the ball. What is he gonna do on offense? That is what I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Well, I will say this. His resume is impressive......but just on the defensive side of the ball. What is he gonna do on offense? That is what I want to see.
    Very interesting to see indeed. His offensive coaches come from USC. I like the system. Pro set and all. Again, he's not filling big shoes. What did the previous coaches do to put Alvin Kamara's skills to good use? I'll take my chances with what we get from this group

Very interesting to see indeed. His offensive coaches come from USC. I like the system. Pro set and all. Again, he's not filling big shoes. What did the previous coaches do to put Alvin Kamara's skills to good use? I'll take my chances with what we get from this group
    Well, I would like to think he learned something under Saban. Can't believe I just said that!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?