Turn Off Ads?
Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Do you think there's really a weather advantage? Do you think the Patriots and Chiefs players like playing in cold weather any more than Colts and Chargers players?
    I don't think anybody likes playing in cold weather to be honest. But the Colts did practice outside in Indy. Now the Chargers, that is a different story.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Do you think there's really a weather advantage? Do you think the Patriots and Chiefs players like playing in cold weather any more than Colts and Chargers players?
    I think they're more used to it. I would tell you that dome teams don't do well on the road in the playoffs but then someone would say prove it and I don't wanna go there... but...yeah, I think there is a weather advantage for certain teams. I definitely think the weather helped the Bengals get to their first Super Bowl when they beat Dan Fouts and the SD Chargers. If someone had opined "do you really think the Bengals enjoy playing in the cold anymore than the Chargers" I'd have replied "did you watch the game?"

I was 4 or 5, so...no!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I don't think anybody likes playing in cold weather to be honest. But the Colts did practice outside in Indy. Now the Chargers, that is a different story.
    Hey Assembly, how much snow did you get in your part of Indiana? We got 9" in my area of NE Cincinnati. I just finished my workout of shoveling it. The worst part is my back but I think it'll be OK. It was heavy snow...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Hey Assembly, how much snow did you get in your part of Indiana? We got 9" in my area of NE Cincinnati. I just finished my workout of shoveling it. The worst part is my back but I think it'll be OK. It was heavy snow...
    Didn't get much here SR. 3". The storm went south. My cousin around Indy said she got 7". Get you an adult beverage to sooth that back.

In beginning of the game introductions where players announce the school where they came from, yesterday UC's own Travis Kelce, star TE of the Chiefs, eschewed mentioning the University of Cincinnati and instead chose to announce his high school. Anyone know if there's something up with that? Is there some ill will between him and UC? Just wonderin'...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I think they're more used to it. I would tell you that dome teams don't do well on the road in the playoffs but then someone would say prove it and I don't wanna go there... but...yeah, I think there is a weather advantage for certain teams. I definitely think the weather helped the Bengals get to their first Super Bowl when they beat Dan Fouts and the SD Chargers. If someone had opined "do you really think the Bengals enjoy playing in the cold anymore than the Chargers" I'd have replied "did you watch the game?"
    There are some things that I could point out but I won't because I am chuckling.

We had an unseasonable November here in Northern Indiana. Hell, it was just cold. Florida St. played at Notre Dame, I am thinking it was maybe the second Saturday of the month. It was cold. I mean real cold. To top it off, it was a night game. Florida St. did not want to be there. LOL They looked like they were freezing to death. I know they weren't very good, but they looked miserable due to the weather.

Do I think weather gives an advantage to some teams? Sometimes. I don't think it was the issue with the Colts. With the Chargers? Yes.

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Kyler Murray
    @TheKylerMurray

I have declared for the NFL Draft.
    8:23pm 14 Jan 2019
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

Rivers, more than any QB over the last 20 years, has never had a problem traveling and playing in any weather. He's proven it more times than other QB's hhave career starts.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Turn Off Ads?