Turn Off Ads?
Page 44 of 51 FirstFirst ... 34404142434445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Re: 2018 NFL Season Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Arians didn't quit for nothing. Arians is not a quitter.
    I know. I was talking about Arizona hiring Kingsbury.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

2. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2019)

3. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I know. I was talking about Arizona hiring Kingsbury.
    I think Kingspoint was inferring that Arians left for a reason. And my take is the Arizona organization.

5. Likes:

Kingspoint (01-11-2019)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Matt Rhule’s side of Jets saga: I wouldn’t accept ‘arranged marriage’:

After a confusing conclusion to Matt Rhule’s Jets’ coaching candidacy, he is now providing answers.

Speaking to KRZI-AM 1660 Waco on Thursday, the Baylor head coach confirmed he and the Jets could not agree on his prospective staff in New York.

“At the end of the day, I’m never going to be in an arranged marriage,” Rhule told the radio station. “I’m never going to subcontract jobs to the offense and defense. I always want to hire people that believe in what I believe, that are going to do things our way, that are going to believe in process, that are going to be part of a program. I truly believe that programs win.”
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

ig: josinaanderson
    @JosinaAnderson

I'm told the #Cardinals are planning to hire Vance Joseph as defensive coordinator, per sources. They are still in discussions on a deal.
    6:06pm · 11 Jan 2019
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    ig: josinaanderson
    @JosinaAnderson

I'm told the #Cardinals are planning to hire Vance Joseph as defensive coordinator, per sources. They are still in discussions on a deal.
    6:06pm · 11 Jan 2019
    They've also supposedly hired Steve Sarkisian as OC. Those are two excellent hires for a young inexperienced head coach

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    They've also supposedly hired Steve Sarkisian as OC. Those are two excellent hires for a young inexperienced head coach
    I will drink to that!!!!!!

10. Likes:

Chip R (01-11-2019)

Or sabotage him at every step in hope of getting the gig after he gets canned in 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Sark is going to Bama.

https://es.pn/2TJCNm0
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Sark is going to Bama.

https://es.pn/2TJCNm0
    I will drink to that!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I'll worry about that in about...30 months.

Tom Brady appears to still be good. Amazing the way the Patriots continue to out-scheme more talented teams

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The owners are just covering themselves "in case of..." They're outstanding businessmen. The best of all sports. They have everything to gain and nothing to lose by doing this.

My guess is that the players want guaranteed contracts. I don't see that happening and the owners hold the cards here seeing as the avg NFL career is so short. The players can't afford to sit out a work stoppage. These billionaire owners sure can.

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Tom Brady appears to still be good. Amazing the way the Patriots continue to out-scheme more talented teams

What's amazing this weekend is the enormous advantage there is to the "bye" teams. They first of all get the week off and the home field but in many cases they get the weather advantage too. Big weather difference of NE and SD,Ca...and wintry KC last night as opposed to the Lucas Oil Dome in Indy. As a fan it kinda sucks but I'm not suggesting anything be done about it.

Do you think there's really a weather advantage? Do you think the Patriots and Chiefs players like playing in cold weather any more than Colts and Chargers players?

Turn Off Ads?