7 18.92%
  • Other

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reds 2017/2018 Prospect Poll - Prospect #38

Vampire Weekend @Bernie's camisadelgolf's Avatar

Re: Reds 2017/2018 Prospect Poll - Prospect #38

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The Reds signed Reina out of Venezuela in the first week of international signings of 2015 for one of the 100 largest contracts handed out that year - 250,000$ - equivalent to 6th round draft money. Only Cristian Olivo and Miguel Hernandez got more from the Reds that year.
    Speaking of money, I just wanted to point out that although it's 6th round money, the talent level may be less than that of a 6th rounder. When you're competing against 29 other teams to sign a player, that can drive the price up. That said, if we're going to act like money factors into talent level, Nick Hanson would be my pick. Signed for nearly $1M, the 3rd round pick is coming off Tommy John surgery and is very raw. Still, he has the highest ceiling left imho. He can get his fastball up to 96 MPH and has a very impressive power curve that needs more consistency. I once read dougdirt compare him to Tony Santillan, which gives some hope.

Tejay Antone is another post-TJ candidate I would like to see as an option soon.

2. Likes:

RED VAN HOT (02-13-2018),REDREAD (02-24-2018),Tom Servo (02-13-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Tejay Antone is another post-TJ candidate I would like to see as an option soon.
    Man, there's so many guys at this level with some upside left. Antone was one of my breakout picks for last year before Tommy John. Hopefully he has more of a Wyatt Strahan return than a Mark Armstrong one (who incidentally I just discovered is listed as retired as of September).
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Quote Originally Posted by camisadelgolf View Post
    Speaking of money, I just wanted to point out that although it's 6th round money, the talent level may be less than that of a 6th rounder. When you're competing against 29 other teams to sign a player, that can drive the price up. That said, if we're going to act like money factors into talent level, Nick Hanson would be my pick. Signed for nearly $1M, the 3rd round pick is coming off Tommy John surgery and is very raw. Still, he has the highest ceiling left imho. He can get his fastball up to 96 MPH and has a very impressive power curve that needs more consistency. I once read dougdirt compare him to Tony Santillan, which gives some hope.

I vote by performance, as you've noticed I'm a loud critic of AlfRod.

I was pointing out who the guy was, when someone asked. He was deemed one of the top 100 international players eligible to sign at the time, and has produced.

Voting closes at Midnight, cowboy.... Could have another tie.

Edit We did.
    Last edited by JaxRed; 02-14-2018 at 12:00 PM.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Turn Off Ads?