Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Minor League Transactions

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: 2018 Minor League Transactions

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    I didn't know there would be so much math this late in my day.
    Math is very difficult.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Apparently, Joe Hudson was traded to the Angels. Anybody have more info?

https://twitter.com/joehud4

Dealt to Angels for cash according to Reds Twitter

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

John Fay
    @johnfayman

From the #Reds: he Reds have acquired from the Red Sox minor league OF Lorenzo Cedrola in exchange for international signing bonus pool space. Cedrola, 20, has appeared in 50 games with Single-A Greenville this season, batting .318 (67-for-211) with a .776 OPS.
    4:14pm 2 Jul 2018
    https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=cedrol000lor
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Likes:

Gallen5862 (07-02-2018),NebraskaRed (07-02-2018),redsmetz (07-02-2018),Tom Servo (07-02-2018)

From Venezuela, and has hit for average at each level so far. I like both of those facts.

Looking at my copy of Baseball Prospectus 2018, they say he’s a “premium athlete who can fly around in the outfield and on the bases” and that he’s a slap hitter but some scouts like his bat-to-ball skills and think some pop can develop. They said he might make the majors with his glove alone and also accurately predicted that Dombrowski would give him away before he got much further in the Boston system.
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

Last year it was Longhi, this year it's Cedrola. I can't wait to see who the Red Sox sell us next year!

The Sleeper: Lorenzo Cedrola, OF: Cedrola catches my eye as a player that can really, really hit but he may never be strong enough to be more than a fourth or fifth outfielder. He has enough speed to be a nuisance on the bases and a strong fielder in center. His slight frame makes projecting increased strength difficult and he could end up being similar to Carlos Tocci (who was recently nabbed in the Rule 5 draft). If Cedrola can get stronger and can learn to take more free passes to utilize his speed, he becomes an intriguing future bench option for Boston.
    https://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/a-...oston-red-sox/
    I dont care, Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. Hes in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.

10. Likes:

lollipopcurve (07-02-2018)

Overton Window Breaker WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    From Venezuela, and has hit for average at each level so far. I like both of those facts.

Looking at my copy of Baseball Prospectus 2018, they say he’s a “premium athlete who can fly around in the outfield and on the bases” and that he’s a slap hitter but some scouts like his bat-to-ball skills and think some pop can develop. They said he might make the majors with his glove alone and also accurately predicted that Dombrowski would give him away before he got much further in the Boston system.
    Sounds a lot like Peraza's profile.

I like that he's got more than twice as many hits as strikeouts in his young career. I think that bodes well for his development in the future.
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes. -- Mahatma Gandhi

12. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-02-2018)

I like it. You never know when one of these dudes like Ventura or Cedrola will develop some pop or patience or both. Either way they look like possible bench pieces which has value. Look forward to following this kid.

14. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-02-2018)

I don't like this program. I'd rather have a bunch of scratch off cards from DR and Venezuela then kids other orgs will get rid of.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I don't like this program. I'd rather have a bunch of scratch off cards from DR and Venezuela then kids other orgs will get rid of.
    I mean I'd say generally a Randy Ventura or Lorenzo Cedrola is often the best case scenario for those scratch offs. Cedrola is 9 months older than our 2015 bonus baby Cristian Olivo but he's already hit at every level while Olivo still hasn't gotten off the ground

So he is an OF version of Ronald Torreyes.

Quote Originally Posted by J-Money View Post
    Last year it was Longhi, this year it's Cedrola. I can't wait to see who the Red Sox sell us next year!
    Reds will be out of the penalty next year so hopefully nobody.
    The television crews left and about 10 reporters remained in the room. That's when Price took his turn doing the talking.
    What followed was a five-minute, 34-second expletive-filled tirade. The final tally was 77 uses of the "F" word or a variant and 11 uses of a vulgar term for feces (two bovine, one equine).

19. Likes:

redsmetz (07-03-2018),Rolando (07-03-2018),WrongVerb (07-03-2018)

The Reds have signed their 5th NDFA this year, OF'er Mike Spooner from Stetson.

It's rare to see a collegiate JR sign as a NDFA (most are seniors with no collegiate eligibility remaining), his bonus can be as high as 125K$ without it affecting the Reds draft pool.

21. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The Reds have signed their 5th NDFA this year, OF'er Mike Spooner from Stetson.

It's rare to see a collegiate JR sign as a NDFA (most are seniors with no collegiate eligibility remaining), his bonus can be as high as 125K$ without it affecting the Reds draft pool.
    Are you sure he would count against the pool since he was undrafted?
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Turn Off Ads?