Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Minor league spring training updates

Re: Minor league spring training updates

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I see zero reason to rush Taylor Trammell.
    It depends on how he's playing.

If he's an 850 OPS bat in Daytona, I'd have no issue at all moving him up to AA this season just to see if he can play CF consistently.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    Do they view it as a hive of scum and villanry?
    If they don't, we need to up our game.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

4. Likes:

kaldaniels (03-18-2018),membengal (03-19-2018),Red Raindog (03-19-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bellhead View Post
    Doug,

anyway you can join up with SBnation, scout, rivals? or are these not considered traditional organizations either?

PS have not read anything in the enquirer reds related for years directly via their webpage.

thanks for all your work...
    I'd imagine that unless you previously worked for a print/TV media entity that no, none of those would count.

Doug,

Every time I try to go to your website almost instantly some weird scam amazon thing pops up that I won $1000 gift card.

I’ve tried closing it out and coming back but it keeps popping up.

Have you heard of this happening to anyone else?
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Doug,

Every time I try to go to your website almost instantly some weird scam amazon thing pops up that I won $1000 gift card.

Unfortunately yes. And unfortunately, short of me turning advertising off, there's not much I can do. This is a google ads problem. And until they fix it, it's out of my hands. Out of the 14 people that have had the problem, every single one of them has been using an iOS device. So, it seems targeted to apple users. Someone said they downloaded a new browser and stopped using Safari and it fixed the issue. It was also happening to that user on MLB Trade Rumors and Pro Football Talk? (it was a big football site - I think it was that one, but don't hold me to that).

I really wish I had another option than to run ads, but unless my Patreon support more than doubles from it's current plate, it's simply not an option that will let me keep going.

Business sucks. And I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Unfortunately yes. And unfortunately, short of me turning advertising off, there's not much I can do. This is a google ads problem. And until they fix it, it's out of my hands. Out of the 14 people that have had the problem, every single one of them has been using an iOS device. So, it seems targeted to apple users. Someone said they downloaded a new browser and stopped using Safari and it fixed the issue. It was also happening to that user on MLB Trade Rumors and Pro Football Talk? (it was a big football site - I think it was that one, but don't hold me to that).

I really wish I had another option than to run ads, but unless my Patreon support more than doubles from it's current plate, it's simply not an option that will let me keep going.

Yep, I am viewing on my iPhone. It happens on mlbtraderumors and Redszone as well.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

happens to me on redszone and daytondailynews.com as well when using my iphone or ipad, not on the PC. I haven't tried using another browser, but I read a bit about that on Doug's site this morning (didn't have any trouble on his site with my iphone FWIW) and figured I'll give that a try at some point.
    Posting in the clutch since twenty ought two.

Saw some twitter buzz from reds.com twitter feed on Greene on the mound today being really good. Anyone see anything else on this?

ETA: Scratch that - that was video from his Thursday outing. Dammit reds.com twitter feed, don't do that four days later. Confusing.
    Last edited by membengal; 03-19-2018 at 02:51 PM.

Today??? There were rave reports from his first spring start on the 15th; don't know how they're running thru staffs in the minors for spring, but one a 5 man staff/rotation today would be #5's turn with Greene (being a #1 in this case) going tomorrow; that's a lot of assuming on my end. I've seen nothing today, but I'm not a twitter guy.

err... perhaps you meant that you saw some buzz on his debut...today, not that the he pitched today, just that you saw it today, in which case, yes it was awesome (according to CTrent and others), hitting 101, allowing no runs in 2 and striking out several hitters (I forget the exact numbers, but you can find them earlier in this thread and on Doug's page for quick reference)

I just edited my post. The reds.com twitter feed was re-posting video from Thursday but didn't make that clear. Dirty pool on their part.

per Doug's twitter...

https://twitter.com/dougdirt24/statu...95399957471232

Greene has been hitting 94-96 in the 1st, 96-98 in the 2nd, touched 99. He's "looked pretty good"

From CTrent...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bgjud6xh93v/

I'm sure there will be more later.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Doug,

After some internet research, I downloaded the free version of an app called 1blocker. So far it seems to have helped.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Doug,

Every time I go to your site, it says you're going to give me a $1000 gift card. Can you tell me where I can pick that up at please?
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    Doug,

Every time I go to your site, it says you're going to give me a $1000 gift card. Can you tell me where I can pick that up at please?
    I can not.

But, I can tell you that I'm rendering out the entirety of Hunter Greene's game today for the youtubes. It's about 12 minutes worth of video - 30 total pitches. Going to take a while to upload, though. So don't expect it for a few hours. Someone can't watch it, though, because Chris Okey was catching.

17. Likes:

camisadelgolf (03-21-2018),M2 (03-20-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post

Yes, I had the same thing happen on both Doug's site and RedZone on my iPhone. I have absolutely nothing against ads ... as long as they play nice. This Amazon Gift Card ad pretty much is relentless.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Turn Off Ads?