Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Indianapolis Colts

2018 Indianapolis Colts

Best way to start the 2018 thread on the Colts...

From Rotoworld with Rotoworld comments:

Colts GM Chris Ballard said he has no doubt Andrew Luck (shoulder) will be ready for the 2018 season.

"I wish I could give you a date. There's no drop-down date. Can't do it," Ballard said. "Do I have any doubt that he's going to be ready? No, I don't." It is impossible to take anything the Colts say about Luck at face value after last season, but this is as strong a comment as Ballard has made about the situation. Both Ballard and coach Frank Reich expressed optimism Luck will be with the team when they open the offseason program at the beginning of April.

Source: ESPN
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2018 Indianapolis Colts

Colts GM Chris Ballard said they'll let the market dictate impending free agent CB Rashaan Melvin's price.

Melvin is looking to cash in after a breakout 2017 season. He'll turn 29 later this year, so Melvin is the definition of a late-bloomer. The former UDFA bounced around between the Dolphins, Ravens, and Patriots for several years before settling in Indy in 2016. He started all 10 games he appeared in last season, grading out as Pro Football Focus' No. 28 cover corner out of 121 qualifiers. This is Melvin's bite at the proverbial apple. He's likely going to the highest bidder.

Source: Stephen Holder on Twitter
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

North Jersey's Art Stapleton reports free agent OG Andrew Norwell has narrowed his three finalists to the Giants, 49ers, and Colts.

One league source reportedly told Stapleton the Giants are "all-in" on Norwell. The All-Pro guard has been linked to the Giants all offseason, but it appears the cap-flush 49ers are making one last push. The top available guard on the market, Norwell would immediately help a Giants offensive line with numerous needs.
    Related: Colts, Giants, 49ers

Source: Art Stapleton on Twitter

Colts signed DE Denico Autry, formerly of the Raiders, to a three-year, $17.8 million contract.

He'll earn $7 million in the first year of his deal, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. Autry only started two games for Oakland last year but made his presence felt by logging a career-high five sacks while also earning a positive run-stopping grade from ProFootballFocus. He should start opposite Jabaal Sheard in Matt Eberflus' 4-3 scheme.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

...and this one belongs to the Reds.

7. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-17-2018)

That's a very nice deal for Colts. AS Jags fan hate to see/admit it.
    The lowest acceptable payroll amount for ownership to show they are not greedy pigs is 15 million more than they are currently paying. No matter what that currently is.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I donít think the Colts were ever in the market for a QB.

This is a dream scenario. Four picks in the first two rounds and they can likely take Bradley Chubb at 6 if Barkley and 4 QBs go in the top 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

10. Likes:

Kingspoint (03-18-2018)

These are the quality of picks that can make am immediate impact.
    Last edited by Kingspoint; 03-18-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Colts signed TE Eric Ebron, formerly of the Lions, to a two-year contract.

Ebron can earn up to $15 million over the course of the deal; it's a nice haul for the former No. 10 overall pick who was cut by the Lions last week before his $8 million-plus salary became guaranteed. In Indy, Ebron gives the Colts a pair of capable tight ends -- along with Jack Doyle -- for new coach Frank Reich and OC Nick Sirianni, who both come from offenses in Philly and San Diego/L.A. where multiple-tight end sets were an offensive staple.

Colts re-signed OG Jack Mewhort to a one-year, $1.5 million contract.

Another $1.5 million is available via incentives. Mewhort was a second-round pick in 2014 and was one of the Colts' better linemen in 2015 and 2016 before injuries started taking a toll. He's missed 17 games over the past two seasons with knee and triceps issues. If healthy, Mewhort should be able to earn a starting job.

Source: Mike Garafolo on Twitter

From Tony Pauline:

During our two-round mock draft posted on Monday, I mentioned that the Indianapolis Colts love Roquan Smith. I can tell you the team would like to move down a few slots from the sixth pick to select him. This goes hand in hand with something I mentioned during the Senior Bowl -- the Colts were looking to trade down in the draft and come away with three linebackers from their collection of picks.

While Edmunds has a decided size and power advantage, next-level decision makers love Smith’s ability to chew up ground quickly and move sideline to sideline with greater speed. It should be noted that more teams are slotting Edmunds as a strong-side linebacker, while they feel Smith is a multi-scheme linebacker who can play on the inside or outside.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    From Tony Pauline:

During our two-round mock draft posted on Monday, I mentioned that the Indianapolis Colts love Roquan Smith. I can tell you the team would like to move down a few slots from the sixth pick to select him. This goes hand in hand with something I mentioned during the Senior Bowl -- the Colts were looking to trade down in the draft and come away with three linebackers from their collection of picks.

While Edmunds has a decided size and power advantage, next-level decision makers love Smith’s ability to chew up ground quickly and move sideline to sideline with greater speed. It should be noted that more teams are slotting Edmunds as a strong-side linebacker, while they feel Smith is a multi-scheme linebacker who can play on the inside or outside.
    I have a hard time imagining a good situation where the Colts can trade down and still get Smith. The main people that'd be interested in trading up start at pick 12 right? I don't think he drops that far.

Quote Originally Posted by DownSwinging View Post
    I have a hard time imagining a good situation where the Colts can trade down and still get Smith. The main people that'd be interested in trading up start at pick 12 right? I don't think he drops that far.
    I'm not personally in touch with what's going on this year. I'm just passing on information that's relevant to certain teams.

I keep hearing that the Raiders at #10 covet Smith, so I’m not sure that the Colts could move down very far and still get him.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by chicoruiz View Post
    I keep hearing that the Raiders at #10 covet Smith, so I’m not sure that the Colts could move down very far and still get him.
    I could easily see the Colts being interested in either Smith or Edmunds, but a lot of projections have them going in picks 9/10. The absolute earliest picking team that'd potentially be interested in trading up would be at #11 (Dolphins). If I'm Ballard, I'm not trading out of #6 without getting another ransom. #6 looks to be able to get one of the big 3 (Chubb/Nelson/Barkley).

19. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-18-2018)

Turn Off Ads?