Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Do this Trade?

Do this Trade?

i'm being offered Kearns for Aaron Boone. my team looks like this right now: (parenthetical positions are my other options).

C Damian Miller
    1B Randall Simon
    2B Luis Castillo
    3B(SS, 2B) Aaron Boone
    SS Jose Hernandez
    OF Tim Salmon
    OF Moises Alou
    OF Steve Finley
    Util (OF)Hideki Matsui
    (OF, 1B) Adam Dunn
    (3B) Vinny Castilla
    (OF)Rondell White
    DL (OF)Jermaine Dye

Runs, Home Runs, RBI, Stolen Bases, and Batting Average are what's counted in this league.
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

yes, this really is how we make our living.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    If you trade away Boone, you'll be forced to start Vinny "Butterball" Castilla at 3B, and that's a HUGE dropoff in all categories. Kearns is good, but he's not going to improve your team as much as Castilla would hurt you. Plus Boone steals more bases than Kearns.

I would decline that trade.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

AlienTruckStopSexWorker cincinnati chili's Avatar
    I think that depends on what 3b are available on the waiver wire. But if Castilla is the best you can do to replace Boone, then I probably agree.
    Stick to your guns.

other availble 3B:

Hinske
    Ventura
    Spiezio
    Alfonzo
    Bellhorn
    Beltre
    Bell
    Relaford
    Polanco
    Zeile
    the store for all your blade, costuming (in any regard), leather (also in any regard), and steel craft needs.www.facebook.com/tdhshop

If it were me, I think Alfonzo will outplay Rondell White the rest of the year (despite his poor start), and I certainly believe Kearns will outplay Boone. So I'd consider trading or cutting Rondell, then accepting the trade.
    Stick to your guns.

You could also dump Hernandez, pick up Alfonzo, and move Boone to SS.

Who are the available OF's in your league?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I would be patient with Hernandez. I have a feeling he'll hit 30 homers and bat .280 by the time it's all over. He's going to take advantage of the Coors factor.
    Stick to your guns.

Originally posted by Johnny Footstool
    Who are the available OF's in your league?
    Tucker
    Jordan
    Millar
    Higginson
    Long
    Lawton
    Grissom
    Relaford
    Sanchez
    Fick
    Cedeno
    Hollandsworth
    Liefer
    Giambi
    Guillen
    Vander Wal

Ravenlord, as soon as the Braves series vs. CIN is over, I'd dump Vinny Castilla and pick up Alfonzo. I'd then play Alfonzo at 3B and Boone at SS, whenever Hernandez is not playing at home. I would play Dunn at 1B ahead of Simon. Hinske should be on someone's roster...he just today said that he is swinging pain free for the first time all year. To me that equates to a possible prolonged hot streak, and with as well as Toronto is scoring runs this year, that will mean a boost to all of his numbers.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Those available outfielders are pretty lame.

I agree with what Red Leader said. Keep Boone, dump Castilla, and pick up Alfonzo. When the Rockies are at home, start Boone at 3B and Hernandez at SS. When the Rockies are on the road, move Boone to SS and start Alfonzo at 3B.

Hinske is going through the sophomore jinx. I'd avoid him until he actually starts a hot streak.

i do start Dunn ahead of Simon when i'm against teams that have more power than me. otherwise, it hurts me when Dunn is in the lineup due to what is counted in this league.

Turn Off Ads?