Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 69 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trade Thread

Re: The Trade Thread

You aren’t getting a league wide top middle infield prospect for a B 2B prospect and an average at best 2nd baseman who is a free agent in 2 years.

They are already moving Torres off short because of Didi anyway.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    You aren’t getting a league wide top middle infield prospect for a B 2B prospect and an average at best 2nd baseman who is a free agent in 2 years.

The Yankees got him for 1/2 a season of a closer.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    The Yankees got him for 1/2 a season of a closer.
    That’s not relevant to his current value. Just like Luis Castillo is now worth significantly more than Dan Straily
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

That’s not relevant to his current value. Just like Luis Castillo is now worth significantly more than Dan Straily
    My point is no one is untouchable. Reds have some pretty valuable trading chips to offer and desperately need a SS.

The Trade Thread

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    Plus, the Reds have becoming a post-trading franchise. Not making deals, that's their brand.
    Posted in a thread about trading for a guy the Reds could’ve already had, had they been a little less trigger-happy on the trade front two years ago.

7. Likes:

mth123 (04-07-2018)

Indeed.

I'll put it this way, how would the Reds FO react if they were offered a similar package for Senzel? If the Reds were to accept such an offer, how would the fanbase react? I suspect the answers are 1. They'd laugh and hang up and 2. The fanbase would be apoplectic so I'd assume the Yankees would feel the same way.

I will say I like the idea of targeting Wade, he strikes me as a gettable target.

9. Likes:

Griffey012 (04-07-2018)

The yankees rarely seem to give up much of anything in trades.
    Go Gators!

Oh please, was just meant to discuss trade ideas to make the team better.
    Just to be clear I wasn’t directing my snark at you specifically, just seems like everytime one of these threads is started it is a trade in which the Reds are making out like bandits. And I’m admittedly grumpy after watching the first 6 Reds games.
    They might break me.

- - - Updated - - -

My point is no one is untouchable. Reds have some pretty valuable trading chips to offer and desperately need a SS.
    I’d have to very strongly consider swapping Senzel for Torres right now. Not sure if the Yankees would do it since they can just move Torres to 3rd, but it would be interesting to consider.

I do get the feeling Torres could be had, but as M2 points out it probably involves Ellsbury coming back. I'm not so sure it has to mean Votto going, though.

Maybe Torres and Ellsbury for Hamilton, Gennett and Santillan? That would give them some cap space to bring in a SP at the deadline

Quote Originally Posted by kpresidente View Post
    Posted in a thread about trading for a guy the Reds could’ve already had, had they been a little less trigger-happy on the trade front two years ago.
    The previous GM made a bad deal? Oh noes, that totally explains why they've gone turtle.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by nmculbreth View Post
    Indeed.

I'll put it this way, how would the Reds FO react if they were offered a similar package for Senzel? If the Reds were to accept such an offer, how would the fanbase react? I suspect the answers are 1. They'd laugh and hang up and 2. The fanbase would be apoplectic so I'd assume the Yankees would feel the same way.

I will say I like the idea of targeting Wade, he strikes me as a gettable target.
    The reds fanbase is the complete opposite of the Yankees fanbase. They could not care less about prospects. As for the package I came up with I saw it as more of a jumping off point. Yankees would probably also want a pitching prospect. Maybe Amir Garrett.

They're not dealing Torres for that package (Frazier either for that matter), but they've got several young arms I wouldn't mind acquiring. I like Wade as well as a throw-in.

I just looked up wade.

I don’t get it - .719 career minor league OPS. Is he an elite defender?

With Delino DeShields on the DL due to a broken hamate bone (and out to at least mid-May), how about Hamilton to Texas for Conner Sadzek?

I just looked up wade.

I don’t get it - .719 career minor league OPS. Is he an elite defender?
    A lot of it is how he has progressed as a hitter. He won the batting title in the international league last year, plus he can take a walk. He also started showing power with a .150 iso. He has a strong arm and is a good fielder at SS. He also has very good speed.

19. Likes:

M2 (04-08-2018),REDREAD (04-08-2018)

Turn Off Ads?