Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Price, Jenkins out: Riggleman interim mgr, Darwin interim PC, Kelly interim BC

Re: Price, Jenkins out: Riggleman interim mgr, Darwin interim PC, Kelly interim BC

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I'm still gonna have to go with the whole "It's ridiculously easy to be a great fan base when you have 28 World Series Championships and your team has unlimited dollars to assemble All-Star rosters" meme.

Make Yankee fans watch 2001-2009 and then 2014-present and let's see how truly awesome they are.
    They would all be lifelong Red Sox fans.
    Go Gators!

2. Likes:

The Operator (04-23-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Price, Jenkins out: Riggleman interim mgr, Darwin interim PC, Kelly interim BC

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    Actually, I was being facetious, and I thought my link indicated that. If you looks the east coast fans, most of them are JO's anyway, from Boston to Philly. The Midwest fans are polite and laid back. The west coast fans are stoners.
    That's what I get for not reading your link
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Other than a semi-humorous last name, what is Quackenbush's reason for existing?

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Other than a semi-humorous last name, what is Quackenbush's reason for existing?
    Well about 30 years ago his mother and father met, and they were quite fond of each other. At that point -
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Dead Cat Splat.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

8. Likes:

REDREAD (05-03-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Well about 30 years ago his mother and father met, and they were quite fond of each other. At that point -
    A product of sin, huh? 'Splains his performance.

10. Likes:

Wonderful Monds (04-22-2018)

Kind of an out of left field suggestion for permanent manager by a Fangraphs writer:

The Cincinnati Reds appointed Jim Riggleman interim manager when they fired Bryan Price earlier this week. Numerous names are being bandied about as the long-term replacement, with Barry Larkin — currently a special assistant to general manager Dick Williams — a popular choice among the fanbase. The 53-year-old Larkin, who has never managed professionally, has reportedly lobbied for the job in the past, which added a potentially deleterious element to his candidacy.

John Farrell, who joined the Reds in an advisory capacity last month, is also being touted as a strong candidate. The erstwhile Red Sox skipper does have managerial experience, but just like Price he’s a 55-year-old former pitching coach. In some respects, bringing him on board would be a continuation of the same.

Would the historically-conservative Reds be willing to go outside the organization and hire 40-year-old Carlos Beltran? The recently-retired native of Puerto Rico is viewed by many as a future manager and he’d bring a fresh perspective to a team that badly needs one. Staying a predictable course probably isn’t what the Reds need right now.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

12. Likes:

M2 (04-22-2018),Revering4Blue (04-23-2018)

Re: Slivers of Hope

Speaking of Barnhart- Is Ryan Hannigan still w/o a job? Back in the day everyone said he would become a good manager. So lets offer him a position somewhere in the organization.

14. Likes:

dubc47834 (04-22-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Kind of an out of left field suggestion for permanent manager by a Fangraphs writer:
    Anthony Castrovince and Richard Justice were talking up Beltran for the Reds position on their podcast last week. I would love for them to give him a hard look.

16. Likes:

Revering4Blue (04-23-2018),Tom Servo (04-22-2018),Wonderful Monds (04-22-2018)

Scratch Buddy Bell off the list of potential Cincinnati Reds managers; he's happy in his front office role

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ole/540259002/

Re: Slivers of Hope

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Speaking of Barnhart- Is Ryan Hannigan still w/o a job? Back in the day everyone said he would become a good manager. So lets offer him a position somewhere in the organization.
    Ryan Hanigan Manager, Corky as Bench Coach, Keep ol' Danny Darwin as Pitching Coach (don't want any age discrimination going on here), Bronson Arroyo as assistant pitching coach, and don't even hire a batting coach just make all the players watch tape of Votto.

Party likes its 2012 baby.

19. Likes:

REDREAD (05-03-2018)

I hope Jim Riggleman isn't following this thread (or forum)! He's getting a helluva vote of confidence (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I like catchers as managers. They have the best perspective of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Madden View Post
    Scratch Buddy Bell off the list of potential Cincinnati Reds managers; he's happy in his front office role

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ole/540259002/
    Of course he is. They never sleep there and there are no real responsibilities or consequences to be had.

23. Likes:

REDREAD (05-03-2018)

I ran into this in a piece by Jon Heyman
    https://frsbaseball.com/mlb/inside/i...king-like-mvp/

This really wasn’t Price’s fault. Injuries hurt. Price managed 666 games, and he only had the projected starting lineup at his disposal 34 times.

Turn Off Ads?