Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Reds Attendance

Re: 2018 Reds Attendance

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    The Hardball Times is part of Fangraphs??? I haven't thought about that website in 5+ years.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

2. Turn Off Ads?

My daughter, who is in the Army (stationed in Germany), is coming home for the entire month of August. And she told me quite explicitly that she wanted to go to a Red's game. The August home dates are the 11th and 18th, and some family members wants to go, so I'm thinking 8 tickets. So, from following this discussion on attendance, I should have no problem right? (LOL)
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

4. Likes:

dubc47834 (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),Revering4Blue (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    There's so much more to do now.

Adults are less likely to go out as a date night or something to do. Kids would rather play Fortnite.

The reason to go for a casual fan is if they are competitive and there's buzz. I know that's always been true, but it's accelerated.

Castellini and others should be ashamed of all of this, but given his last interview I doubt they are.

Anyone else cringe every time they announce a bobble head or a statue or similar now? They're the only bullets marketing can fire.
    Let's see....

Bob Ross
    Chewbacca
    Captain America
    Snoopy
    Fiona the Hippo
    Elvis Presley
    And oh yeah, Eugenio Suarez

I'm sure two or three other players will have one, too.

All the Reds do is throw bobbleheads at us or build another bar in the stadium.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

6. Likes:

MR X (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),Redsfaithful (05-04-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Let's see....

Bob Ross
    Chewbacca
    Captain America
    Snoopy
    Fiona the Hippo
    Elvis Presley
    And oh yeah, Eugenio Suarez

I'm sure two or three other players will have one, too.

All the Reds do is throw bobbleheads at us or build another bar in the stadium.
    Barnhart,IIRC, has one scheduled or maybe happened already.

- - - Updated - - -

Boxscore listed over 12,000 last night. The little I saw of the game they may have had 5,000 actually in the seats.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

8. Likes:

REDREAD (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    Barnhart,IIRC, has one scheduled or maybe happened already.

- - - Updated - - -

Boxscore listed over 12,000 last night. The little I saw of the game they may have had 5,000 actually in the seats.
    Right, the Barnhart Gold Glove bobblehead.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    Right, the Barnhart Gold Glove bobblehead.
    I saw a tweet just now for an Ernie Lombardi bobblehead. I think it said they were going to be given out every weekend in May.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

11. Likes:

Big Klu (05-02-2018)

They need to have a Dick Williams bobblehead that doesn't do anything.
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-02-2018 at 08:21 AM.

13. Likes:

757690 (05-02-2018),bounty37h (05-02-2018),Crumbley (05-02-2018),dabvu2498 (05-02-2018),dubc47834 (05-02-2018),George Anderson (05-02-2018),KronoRed (05-02-2018),MR X (05-02-2018),NC Reds (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018),Reds360 (05-02-2018),Redsfaithful (05-04-2018),Todd Gack (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    They need to have a Dick Williams bobblehead that doesn't do anything.
    Wouldn't that just be a doll? Oh wait, sorry....action figure.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

I'm certainly not here to defend the Reds FO or the Reds's product - but the weather has been less than great this spring which may have had some effect on attendance.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    My daughter, who is in the Army (stationed in Germany), is coming home for the entire month of August. And she told me quite explicitly that she wanted to go to a Red's game. The August home dates are the 11th and 18th, and some family members wants to go, so I'm thinking 8 tickets. So, from following this discussion on attendance, I should have no problem right? (LOL)
    You'll have your choice of ANY section, hell they might let you sit in the dugout

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Red Raindog View Post
    I'm certainly not here to defend the Reds FO or the Reds's product - but the weather has been less than great this spring which may have had some effect on attendance.
    Early yes....past few days 70's & 80's.....still crickets

17. Likes:

REDREAD (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by DatRedsFan View Post
    You'll have your choice of ANY section, hell they might let you sit in the dugout

- - - Updated - - -

Early yes....past few days 70's & 80's.....still crickets
    I was down there last night. It's like a ghost town. No one is there and those that are are just kinda milling around. No one focused on the game. It's really sad.

19. Likes:

Big Klu (05-02-2018),REDREAD (05-02-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsm View Post
    gggreat
    Yep, other than the recent run of the playoffs under Walt Jocketty, the Reds have not been relevant since the mid-90s.
    Kind of hard for the Reds to be the regional franchise that they need to be , when they have consistently sucked for the most part.
    For the most part, ownership after Marge has always thought small and been content to milk revenue sharing, instead of growing market share.

(
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    There's so much more to do now.

Adults are less likely to go out as a date night or something to do. Kids would rather play Fortnite.

The reason to go for a casual fan is if they are competitive and there's buzz. I know that's always been true, but it's accelerated.

Castellini and others should be ashamed of all of this, but given his last interview I doubt they are.

Anyone else cringe every time they announce a bobble head or a statue or similar now? They're the only bullets marketing can fire.
    I get what you're saying, and think part of it is true. But it doesn't explain when the Reds put a winning club on the field the attendance is way higher. Also, many other teams don't have that issue with "other things to do".
    A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor!

22. Likes:

REDREAD (05-02-2018),Revering4Blue (05-02-2018)

dp
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

I get the weather at the beginning of the season. I get that the team is awful, I get adults or families don't do things like they use too, I get that kids could careless sadly for the most part. I also get this isn't just a Cincy issue but a MLB and sports in general issue anymore but I still don't get 3-10K at a game on a 80 degree day. I can understand 20-25K but less than 10K for a game on a gorgeous day??? I have Extra Innings so I watch a TON of baseball nightly from East Coast to West Coast and with the exception of a few teams everyone's attendance is awful.

25. Likes:

Chip R (05-02-2018),Revering4Blue (05-02-2018)

Turn Off Ads?