Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 48 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    No. International soccer coach is a full-time gig. You've got to spend a lot of time scouting your potential player pool.

Also, MLS doesn't take international breaks.
    Ah, yeah, that's right, thanks.

So they waited an entire year because they wanted him and he wouldn't be available until now, is that it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post

So they waited an entire year because they wanted him and he wouldn't be available until now, is that it?
    Probably. This past year was easily the least important so it’s not that big of a deal that it took so long.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Probably. This past year was easily the least important so it’s not that big of a deal that it took so long.
    I guess I disagree. I think they wasted a year not having the national coach in place to see the talent coming through first hand and begin to make evaluations and assessments.

I think so. Why they were fixated on him is the bigger mystery.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Yup. Right there with you on that.

Because Jay Berhalter is the COO of the USSF?
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

8. Likes:

M2 (12-04-2018)

The press conference in Columbus just began.

Rumors are that the city will announce the new downtown stadium plans.

Edit: Okay, this was a bit overblown. The city announced plans to convert Mapfre into a multi-use soccer park once the team sells and gets a new stadium. Neither of those latter two points are finalized yet.
    Last edited by paintmered; 12-05-2018 at 10:19 AM.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The press conference in Columbus just began.

Rumors are that the city will announce the new downtown stadium plans.

Edit: Okay, this was a bit overblown. The city announced plans to convert Mapfre into a multi-use soccer park once the team sells and gets a new stadium. Neither of those latter two points are finalized yet.
    Actually, I've heard they might be announcing a stadium deal tomorrow at Land Grant Brewery.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Here it is.

https://www-espn-com.cdn.ampproject....wntown-stadium

- - - Updated - - -

In other news, the University of Akron Soccer Team just waxed Michigan State 5-1 to make it to the College Cup finals.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

12. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-07-2018),paintmered (12-13-2018),Redsfaithful (12-08-2018)

Win another Championship, Portland!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Portland panicked when they got down two goals. I am sure it was intimidating playing in Atlanta.

Congratulations to their franchise and it's fans for showing the sports world how to run a franchise. Take some lessons, Mike Brown and our REDS' Dental Group.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

I was referring to Atlanta above, just to be clear.

Any thoughts on the expansion draft and trade pick-ups yesterday? I was really pleased with the two trade acquisitions in particular.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

Any thoughts on the expansion draft and trade pick-ups yesterday? I was really pleased with the two trade acquisitions in particular.
    Garza and Watson are very nice pick ups. I don’t know the style of play FCC is going for but getting a good defensive foundation is smart.

Mattocks used to be really good, but his game has always relied on speed and is more of a sub on at 60 guy now.

https://twitter.com/cincysoccertalk/...60279518699521

Rumors there that they are also gonna add Alvas Powell from Portland to the back line via trade by the end of the month. If so, the back four and depth is actually pretty solid.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

19. Likes:

Kingspoint (12-12-2018)

Turn Off Ads?