Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 285 of 438

Thread: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

  1. #271
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,416

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    No complaints from me. It wasn't working, and rather than let it continue to go sideways, make a change.
    I like it from the standpoint of the front office having a higher standard. Refreshing to see. It's actually how this sport is supposed to work.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  2. Likes:

    membengal (05-07-2019)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #272
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,678

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    I like it from the standpoint of the front office having a higher standard. Refreshing to see. It's actually how this sport is supposed to work.
    Exactly. Welcome to the big leagues. Soccer managers should always rent because this is how it works.

  5. Likes:

    M2 (05-07-2019)

  6. #273
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,556

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Agreed. But, what I like is, they didn't stubbornly stick with the initial decision. If they determined they made a mistake, at least they moved to address that.
    But, if they made a mistake, the mistake was in the process, not whom they chose.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  7. #274
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    But, if they made a mistake, the mistake was in the process, not whom they chose.
    Nope. It was in whom they chose, clearly, in their minds. And rather than try and force it work, they cut bait. I mean, he's just two weeks removed from tossing both the front office AND his players under every bus he could find.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

  8. #275
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    I wonder who they'll end up with as the new coach. It's an international search so there should be plenty of options.

    It's not the Reds way of doing things, otherwise I'd say the favorites would be Frankie Berding or Gil Lindner.

  9. #276
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    12,423

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    I wonder who they'll end up with as the new coach. It's an international search so there should be plenty of options.

    It's not the Reds way of doing things, otherwise I'd say the favorites would be Frankie Berding or Gil Lindner.
    You’re going to be disappointed. It will be some random B or C side player for the USMNT or some complete rando.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  10. #277
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,556

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    Nope. It was in whom they chose, clearly, in their minds. And rather than try and force it work, they cut bait. I mean, he's just two weeks removed from tossing both the front office AND his players under every bus he could find.
    It's always the process. There are no exceptions. Whenever a company the size of this one makes a change at an important management position this quickly, it's always the process. I'll repeat: The choice may have been wrong. Who's to say? Time hasn't played itself out to make a right or wrong answer to that. But, the bottom line is that there is a more critical problem and it was in the process and that problem comes from someone in charge higher up than Coach of the Club. The problem doesn't go away by getting a new Coach.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  11. Likes:

    Sea Ray (05-07-2019)

  12. #278
    Member membengal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    12,370

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    They are to say. It was their hire and their process.
    Well, that's what those words mean. He was here. If they don't keep him, he will have been lost/subtracted. I headed out the door today with two shoes on my feet. If I don't return with them, I have lost them. If I do return with them, I haven't added them. ---M2

  13. Likes:

    M2 (05-07-2019)

  14. #279
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,416

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's always the process. There are no exceptions. Whenever a company the size of this one makes a change at an important management position this quickly, it's always the process. I'll repeat: The choice may have been wrong. Who's to say? Time hasn't played itself out to make a right or wrong answer to that. But, the bottom line is that there is a more critical problem and it was in the process and that problem comes from someone in charge higher up than Coach of the Club. The problem doesn't go away by getting a new Coach.
    That's just silly. They hired Koch when they were down in the USL and he came up to MLS with the team. He's never coached or played at this level. You've completely ignored the specifics of FCC and Koch. Seems like they decided he was in over his head. Their record would back up that conclusion.

    It's actually a great time of year to fire a coach because most other leagues from around the world are concluding their seasons and some very interesting people might be looking for jobs. However, if FCC is looking for someone from the domestic scene, Martin Rennie (currently at Indy and who did well during his time with Vancouver) probably deserves a look. Yet I assume they start with offering David Wagner whatever he wants.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  15. Likes:

    membengal (05-07-2019)

  16. #280
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    All around
    Posts
    9,556

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    That's just silly. They hired Koch when they were down in the USL and he came up to MLS with the team. He's never coached or played at this level. You've completely ignored the specifics of FCC and Koch. Seems like they decided he was in over his head. Their record would back up that conclusion.

    It's actually a great time of year to fire a coach because most other leagues from around the world are concluding their seasons and some very interesting people might be looking for jobs. However, if FCC is looking for someone from the domestic scene, Martin Rennie (currently at Indy and who did well during his time with Vancouver) probably deserves a look. Yet I assume they start with offering David Wagner whatever he wants.
    That's a poor way to run any organization.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

  17. #281
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,288

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    So who's the current coach? Do they have an interim one?

  18. #282
    Posting in Dynarama M2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2000
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    38,416

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's a poor way to run any organization.
    What exactly about that is a poor way to run an organization? I mean, if you want to argue that they should have hired a new coach before they entered MLS because Koch is deeply inexperienced, fine. Though you seem to be making broad pronouncements here that have nothing to do with FCC's specific situation. So I'm not sure you're actually saying anything.

    Meanwhile, there's a gigantic pile of coaching talent out there, especially at this time of year. It's a great time go shopping for a manager. I wish the New England Revolution would fire their idiot manager and bring in a true pro.
    Friends don't let friends fWAR.

    Coddle thy pitchers.

  19. Likes:

    membengal (05-08-2019)

  20. #283
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    So who's the current coach? Do they have an interim one?
    Irving Milch. He's a southpaw out of Essex with a wicked banana kick.

  21. #284
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    20,288

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Sheed View Post
    Irving Milch. He's a southpaw out of Essex with a wicked banana kick.
    Don't they have more games to play? I'd think they'd need a coach

  22. #285
    We're Together Again... Bob Sheed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,490

    Re: Cincinnati soccer/MLS

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Don't they have more games to play? I'd think they'd need a coach
    Riggleman isn't available so there goes that idea.

  23. Likes:

    Chip R (05-08-2019)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator