Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Let's ban Zack Hample from GABP

Re: Let's ban Zack Hample from GABP

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    I'll give him this much: He seems to do good work with various charities, and that's pretty worthwhile.
    If he is having most them auctioned off for charity then it is good. I haven't see that. All I know about is what I have seen here. Otherwise he seems like attention hound blow hard to me.
    I'm like Bucksfan2 when I go to a game the last few years I look around for a kid nearby who I would give a ball too in case one came my way. I have one from when I was I kid and more than satisfied with that one. I would rather make a childs day better now.

I remember a long time ago, like in the early 80's, there was an SI article about someone who stood out on the street behind Wrigley Field and got home runs balls that went out of the park. IIRC, he had an impressive list of home runs balls by most of the greats of the NL 70's and beyond.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-11-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

*looks at bank account right now*

WHY ARE YOU STALKING ME AND TELLING PEOPLE MY BUSINESS?
    You're not even close to mid-life yet. Give it a decade or so.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Truthfully I am a the point in my life where if I get a ball, if I don't give it to one of my kids, I would give it to a kid near by.
    Same here. Every ball I've ever caught at a stadium since turning 18 has immediately gone to the nearest kid I could find. It means so much more to a kid than an adult.

That will continue to be how I operate unless I manage to catch a home run in a Reds playoff or World Series game, and well, the chances of that happening are.... remote.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-10-2018),REDREAD (05-11-2018),Spanky (05-10-2018)

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WrongVerb View Post
    You're not even close to mid-life yet. Give it a decade or so.
    I'm glad you have faith in me living much longer than I do.

8. Likes:

WrongVerb (05-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    Same here. Every ball I've ever caught at a stadium since turning 18 has immediately gone to the nearest kid I could find. It means so much more to a kid than an adult.

That will continue to be how I operate unless I manage to catch a home run in a Reds playoff or World Series game, and well, the chances of that happening are.... remote.
    How many balls have you caught?!? Freaking ball hawker.

I'm glad you have faith in me living much longer than I do.
    Unless you've been abusing your body (not in the good way) more than I have, the chances of you living to see 50 aren't bad.
    The world is a messy place. People are inconsistent and complicated. Maybe we should see how different things could be if we gave grace and forgiveness to our fellow human beings when they fail to be perfect in our eyes. -- me

The only foul ball I caught I as about 23 with my now wife and a group of friends. I kept it, later gave it to my nephew, who in turn lost it in the woods.

I watched the video and the guy seems genuinely excited in getting baseballs. As I have said before it isn't my cup of tea, but if someone were to pay me to travel and do what I love, absolutely I am going to do that. I enjoy watching the Reds play, but I have gotten over the ball player envy that I had at one point in my life. I guess priorities change and life hits you. I think it would be cool to throw a ball back and forth with a major leaguer, but I have a nephew who if he got to do it, it would make his year.

On an aside, that last Monday I was able to take two of my girls, (age 5 and 3) to watch batting practice on the field. We basically stood in the warning track area behind home plate and upon seeing my two little girls (one with a glove) Barnhart rolled two balls over. It was cool, I got a picture of them holding the balls, and prevented my oldest from throwing it back. I guess I got more excitement in seeing them get the ball than anything I have ever experienced in catching a foul ball.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Unless you've been abusing your body (not in the good way) more than I have, the chances of you living to see 50 aren't bad.
    I'm 34. So if now if my midlife crisis, and we are using midlife as literal, I'm hitting 68.

The only foul ball I've ever gotten is kind of a strange story. I took in a game in Pensacola a couple years ago. (Romano was the starter.) Anyway, I left in about the 7th inning to drive back to where I was staying. I exited the park and was in the grassy area beyond the entrance when I foul ball whizzed past my ear. Literally, had it been 3 inches further it would have hit me in the back of my head. I ran and picked it up and still have it somewhere. No idea who hit it or anything like that.

Ours is not to judge and this guy is just living his life.

Maybe lay off the hater tots, people...
    Last edited by Bob Sheed; 05-10-2018 at 11:46 AM.

15. Likes:

Chip R (05-11-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by adampad View Post
    How many balls have you caught?!? Freaking ball hawker.
    Lol... not many.

2 foul balls at Fifth Third field, 1 BP homer at GABP and one in-game homer at GABP.
    "[Price] said he and the GM have become “somewhat in lockstep” with how they view the best way forward for the team, including how to handle promotions and playing young players while also trying to win games."

The only foul ball I've ever gotten is kind of a strange story. I took in a game in Pensacola a couple years ago. (Romano was the starter.) Anyway, I left in about the 7th inning to drive back to where I was staying. I exited the park and was in the grassy area beyond the entrance when I foul ball whizzed past my ear. Literally, had it been 3 inches further it would have hit me in the back of my head. I ran and picked it up and still have it somewhere. No idea who hit it or anything like that.
    Maybe it would have knocked some sense into you!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Maybe it would have knocked some sense into you!!!!
    I doubt a sledgehammer could accomplish that!

I doubt a sledgehammer could accomplish that!
    Couldn't hurt.

Couldn't hurt.

21. Likes:

The Operator (05-10-2018)

Turn Off Ads?