Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415

Thread: 5/7/18- Mets @ Reds- the Reds choose not to show off Mes to a buyer

Re: 5/7/18- Mets @ Reds- the Reds choose not to show off Mes to a buyer

Joel Luckhaupt
    @jluckhaupt

Reds are 1-9 in one-run games. They've lost 15 of their last 16 one-run games.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

On pace for 37-125.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

5. Likes:

cumberlandreds (05-08-2018),REDREAD (05-07-2018)

I take issue with the TV guys saying "on a night The Reds mounted a comeback".

Comeback attempt maybe, but this bad boy was never tied
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

7. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    On pace for 37-125.
    At this point I hope they do this. Shame on everyone involved in putting this team together. Burn it down and start over. Not sure they have much of a choice otherwise.

9. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

Reds are 1-9 in one-run games, and 2-16 in games decided by 1 or 2 runs.

11. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by ochoa30 View Post
    All the reds need to do is win 20 games in a row and theyll be above .500. That's easy right?
    And to think Dick Williams said this was the year they go .500 before "adding meaningful outside help" next year. What a clown show.

"Can't add good players until we have a good team, can't have a good team till we add good players".

I'm sure tha 50 million dollar bamtech payment is softening the blow for this awful ownership group though.

- - - Updated - - -

At this point I hope they do this. Shame on everyone involved in putting this team together. Burn it down and start over. Not sure they have much of a choice otherwise.
    I'm starting to hope at some point this year they have a game with zero fans in the stands. Not a one except for the ushers. It's the kind of egg on the face this front office and ownership train wreck deserves.
    Last edited by The Operator; 05-07-2018 at 10:08 PM.

13. Likes:

membengal (05-08-2018),Powder River (05-07-2018),REDREAD (05-07-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by The Operator View Post
    I take issue with the TV guys saying "on a night The Reds mounted a comeback".

Comeback attempt maybe, but this bad boy was never tied
    Now, it was tied at 0-0 until the second pitch of the game.

And to think Dick Williams said this was the year they go .500 before "adding meaningful outside help" next year. What a clown show.

"Can't add good players until we have a good team, can't have a good team till we add good players".

I'm sure tha 50 million dollar bamtech payment is softening the blow for this awful ownership group though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm starting to hope at some point this year they have a game with zero fans in the stands. It's the kind of egg on the face this front office and ownership train wreck deserves
    I know they have some talent in the minors but I cant imagine the reds turning this thing around without significant free agent signings and who the heck would come to play here? This org is the laughing stock of the league. Worse then the Marlins after what they just did and that is really saying something.

16. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

Worse then the Marlins
    *Through May 7
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    *Through May 7
    I'll be pretty shocked if The Reds don't finish with the worst record in baseball this year.

I don't think the corpse of Disco and Michael Lorenzen are gonna turn this train wreck around.

19. Likes:

ochoa30 (05-08-2018),REDREAD (05-07-2018)

I'll be pretty shocked if The Reds don't finish with the worst record in baseball this year.

I don't think the corpse of Disco and Michael Lorenzen are gonna turn this train wreck around.
    I think a lot of it is just bias though, we watch the Reds every day and not, say, the Orioles.

Would I be shocked if the Reds have the worst record? Not really. But I look at the rotation and see more potential for improvement than the White Sox, and I look at the offense and I see better than the Marlins.

I'll be real honest with you folks, I just don't see how this team can become good. Even if you trade away everyone on the team with value I don't see enough high ceiling talent coming back to fix this. And I also don't see the Reds spending bookoo bucks in FA.

You have to cross your fingers on both your hands and the toes on your feet and pray that these young players become good, if not - it might be one or two winning seasons at most in the next decade.

22. Likes:

REDREAD (05-07-2018)

If this year's team loses 110 or more, maybe the ownership will be embarrassed enough to try to add talent this winter.. If the Reds have under 100 losses? We will get the same tired BS story.. "oh we have such a wealth of young pitching, better not spend any money and block one of these golden arms"..

The fanbase was very understanding about how the Reds lost their established rotation and had to rebuild. This is (likely) going to be the 4th season in a row of 90+ losses.. The team is getting worse, not better.. and management does not seem to care.

The Reds ownership thinks 'rebuild' means "neglect until the farm system saves you".. That is just wrong.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

24. Likes:

The Operator (05-08-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post
    the Reds lost their established rotation
    You must be following an alternate Cincinnati Reds team.

Cueto was traded.......impending free agency was too much for ownership to deal with. Leake was traded........impending free agency was too much for ownership to deal with. Latos was traded........traded for prospects(?). Cingrani was traded......for prospects (?)

Bailey, of the no-hitters, remains as the last of the established rotation.

I see no losing but conscious efforts by management to deal with impending free agency and perceived effective prospects.
    Last edited by Umkubas; 05-08-2018 at 12:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Umkubas View Post
    You must be following an alternate Cincinnati Reds team.

Cueto was traded.......impending free agency was too much for ownership to deal with. Leake was traded........impending free agency was too much for ownership to deal with. Latos was traded........traded for prospects(?). Cingrani was traded......for prospects (?)

Bailey, of the no-hitters, remains as the last of the established rotation.

I see no losing but conscious efforts by management to deal with impending free agency and perceived effective prospects.
    I see cheapness in an organization and poor planning by management to let all of those pitchers leave within a short time frame.

With this loss and the Orioles having the night off the Reds officially have the worst record in baseball. They are well on their way to the first pick of the 2019 draft. Ownership and management has turned this into an embarrasment of of an organization. I hope they are proud of what they did.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

27. Likes:

REDREAD (05-08-2018),The Operator (05-08-2018)

Turn Off Ads?