Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Wednesday 5/16/18 Minor League Updates

Wednesday 5/16/18 Minor League Updates

More morning baseball as the Wahoos and Tortugas (first game of a double header) are already under way. Wyatt Strahan goes for Pensacola and Tony Santillan for Daytona.

Bats play at 7:05 EST with Finnegan on the mound.
    Dragons play at 7:05 also with Packy Naughton getting the start.

Oh and here's a treat: We've got rare live video streaming of a Tortugas game, thanks to Bradenton, if you're an MILB TV subscriber.

Boy...lower league fielding. Santillan gives up some hard hits to the outfield but they're singles and Siri and Trammell are bootin' em around.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 05-16-2018 at 10:47 AM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Wednesday 5/16/18 Minor League Updates

Bad morning for Santillan, he's getting knocked around in the first. Defense hasn't helped but he's the one giving up some hard hits. Down 2-0 already.

Ugh. A ball hit back off Santillan. He goes to toss it to first and just airmails it. Another two runs in. 4-0 Bradenton, just sloppy effort all around.

2nd inning didn't go much better with a pair of walks and a third hit batter conspiring for another run. They decide to yank him.

Santillan final line: 1.2 innings, 5 hits, 2 walks, 1 strikeout, 5 runs, 4 earned runs.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 05-16-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Little old Nick Howard came close to saving the day, with three scoreless innings of relief, but just allowed a two out, two run single to push the Bradenton lead further to 7-1.

Tyler Stephenson has an RBI double, he drove in Trammell who had singled.

Tortugas drop game one, 7-1. Make a note on your ledgers that Shane Mardirosian is back.

Wahoos trail 1-0 in the 4th (Corey Ray struck again). Aristides Aquino has a double and CJ McElroy has a pair of singles.

Wahoos briefly tied things up with a Gavin LaValley solo HR (#5) but Wyatt couldn't hold the tie and gave up another run.

But the Big LaValley comes through with another RBI, this time a sac fly, to tie the game up 2-2 in the top of the 8th.

Wahoos won 3-2 in extras thanks to CJ McElroy’s 4th hit of the day.

Tortugas salvaged the double header with a 4-3 win in the 2nd game. Narciso Crook went 3-3 with a double and a HR
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 05-16-2018 at 07:28 PM.

1-2-3 first with a pair of swinging strikeouts for Finnegan

9. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-16-2018)

Finnegan charged with 2 runs in the 3rd with a Dilson Herrera error contributing a third. He’s walked 1 and struck out 6 on 54 pitches.

11. Likes:

Edd Roush (05-16-2018)

Jeter Downs goes long for the 5th time this season.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Finnegan charged with 2 runs in the 3rd with a Dilson Herrera error contributing a third. He’s walked 1 and struck out 6 on 54 pitches.
    The box score shows that all three runs were earned. Two scored on the error by Herrera. I can understand how one could have scored even if Herrera had made the play. Apparently, a wild pitch with one out would have allowed the other runner to score anyway. Thus, both were earned. Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by RED VAN HOT View Post
    The box score shows that all three runs were earned. Two scored on the error by Herrera. I can understand how one could have scored even if Herrera had made the play. Apparently, a wild pitch with one out would have allowed the other runner to score anyway. Thus, both were earned. Is that right?
    So they initially said they were both earned, then changed it to one of them, and then back to two.

Turn Off Ads?