Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: RIP Anthony Bourdain

They call me "chef"

Re: RIP Anthony Bourdain

I really hope you grow past that POV. I say that with understanding of why we cling to that perspective to protect ourselves and find some control in a really tragic situation and not with judgment or opposition.

2. Likes:

paintmered (06-10-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cool ignorant hot take you got there
    It's called reality give it a shot sometime

They call me "chef"

There has to be some middle ground between the finality of suicide and the open endedness of not using periods.

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Burt Gummer View Post
    Actually that's an opinion. Like Larry said, it's valid, but hopefully you can find a way to move past that and find some forgiveness and peace in place of the acrimony.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Obviously I feel for his family and friends but anyone who commits suicide is a coward
    I'd suggest trying to be a more compassionate human being.

Interesting, please enlighten us on the human mind. You clearly are an expert.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

That might be the first post I've ever reported on RedsZone.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-10-2018)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    That might be the first post I've ever reported on RedsZone.
    I suspect that person either had someone close to them commit suicide, or a parent or close loved one impressed that attitude upon him die to a suicide in that person's life.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Cool ignorant hot take you got there
    It's politically incorrect but he has a point. Doing this is very hard on his family, particularly his young daughter. At the very least it's selfish.

One thing I'll say for Gunner is that his take is anything but cowardly. It's quite brave of him to express that sort of view on RZ of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    It's politically incorrect but he has a point. Doing this is very hard on his family, particularly his young daughter. At the very least it's selfish.

One thing I'll say for Gunner is that his take is anything but cowardly. It's quite brave of him to express that sort of view on RZ of all places.
    Expressing ignorance behind a keyboard on a forum is anything but brave...

I have worked in suicide prevention for 9 yrs and often hear this ignorant opinion expressed...how suicide is cowardly or selfish and it is anything but this. Suicide is an act of desperation by folks who are intense pain. When one crawls down that rabbit hole of wanting to end it they often think about how everyone would be better off without them it's almost delusional and gets rationalized more and more as the pain gets worse and the depression deepens. People honestly believe these thoughts due to the state that they find themselves in during these dark days and nights.

You're judging the act without having and understanding of the mental health condition behind it...
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

14. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (06-11-2018),BuckeyeRed27 (06-10-2018),marcshoe (06-10-2018),nmculbreth (06-10-2018),ochoa30 (06-11-2018),paintmered (06-10-2018),RedlegJake (06-11-2018),Redsfaithful (06-10-2018),RedTeamGo! (06-10-2018),WrongVerb (06-10-2018)

It has nothing to do with PC or not. Acting like mental health is a choice and not extremely complex is simply ignorance.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

16. Likes:

dabvu2498 (06-11-2018),nmculbreth (06-10-2018),ochoa30 (06-11-2018),paintmered (06-10-2018),Redsfaithful (06-10-2018),redsfandan (06-12-2018),WrongVerb (06-10-2018)

It's quite brave of him to express that sort of view on RZ of all places.
    One of the things wrong with the world is that people who say deeply stupid things are coddled and called brave.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

18. Likes:

Dom Heffner (06-10-2018),nmculbreth (06-10-2018),ochoa30 (06-11-2018),paintmered (06-10-2018),RedlegJake (06-11-2018),RedTeamGo! (06-10-2018),Wonderful Monds (06-10-2018),WrongVerb (06-10-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Expressing ignorance behind a keyboard on a forum is anything but brave...

I have worked in suicide prevention for 9 yrs and often hear this ignorant opinion expressed...how suicide is cowardly or selfish and it is anything but this. Suicide is an act of desperation by folks who are intense pain. When one crawls down that rabbit hole of wanting to end it they often think about how everyone would be better off without them it's almost delusional and gets rationalized more and more as the pain gets worse and the depression deepens. People honestly believe these thoughts due to the state that they find themselves in during these dark days and nights.

You're judging the act without having and understanding of the mental health condition behind it...
    Let's extend that courtesy to the principle of not judging other people's opinions. He's entitled to his own opinion of suicide and I hope we don't encroach on his freedom to express it on these forums.

Let's extend that courtesy to the principle of not judging other people's opinions. He's entitled to his own opinion of suicide and I hope we don't encroach on his freedom to express it on these forums.
    But he judged all suicide victims saying they were cowards.

Not saying 2 wrongs make a right if we use your logic but where were you when he made that claim? You didn’t lecture him about courtesy...

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

"Suicide is sefish" assumes the person doing it can reason their way to stop: "I'm needed, I shouldn't do this. Think of the pain I'll cause, I must live."

You said yourself that all the money and fame amd power doesnt seem to prevent it, how could "think of the pain you'll cause" help?

It is easy to reason with logic when you aren't mentally ill.

Turn Off Ads?