Turn Off Ads?
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4445051525354

Thread: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

Re: 2018-19..The End of the Warriors' dominance!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelSD View Post
    10 thoughts after watching the Sixers/Celtics game last night...

1) The Celtics currently have a bench. The Sixers currently do not.
    2) Did you know that Gordon Hayward was an All-Star in 2017?
    3) If you're starting Markelle Fultz and T.J. McConnell ends up playing 2 minutes less than Markelle Fultz, then why are you starting Markelle Fultz?
    4) The Celtics were called for an illegal screen and for grabbing Redick's jersey as he was trying to go around a screen. The NBA has been put on notice that the Celtics will see these once a month if they're not careful, but Aron Baynes can still stand in the lane for the game's entirety.
    5) Hey, wasn't Gordon Hayward an All-Star in 2017?
    6) Ben Simmons worked all offseason on his free throw shooting and may actually have gotten worse.
    7) If you hit 19.2% of your threes, you'll lose to Boston, Sacramento, your G-league affiliate, the Harlem Globetrotters, and many college teams.
    8) I think I may have heard something from the announcers about Gordon Hayward being an All-Star in 2017. Hayward is apparently an all-time Celtics great; having played one game for them last year.
    9) Jason Tatum hits a jump shot and he's compared to Kobe Bryant. Ben Simmons posts a line of 19 points, 15 boards, and 8 assists and we get to hear about Gordon Hayward being an All-Star in 2017.
    10) If Kyrie Irving doesn't shake the rust off, they'll need to sand off parts and use Bondo.
    The thing that stood out to me was how bad the 76ers were. The Celtics had the luxury of Kyrie laying bricks, Horford barely shooting at all and throwing extra minutes at a subpar Hayward because they were in zero danger of losing that game. Tatum, Brown and even Marcus Morris had their way with that team. They didn't even bother shifting into high gear. Completely unnecessary.

I love Simmons, but (per what you noted) all another team has to do is foul him late in a close game to shut him down. Covington can't shoot if you make him move his feet. Saric kind of recedes into the woodwork against a team with some perimeter defense. Then there's Fultz, who keeps convincing me he needs to be the main option for the Wilmington 87ers.

I don't get what they're doing. It's like they're perfectly fine punting this season.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Tatum whines like a 2-year old...all the time.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    Tatum whines like a 2-year old...all the time.
    But he scores like a man.
    Wait until the year after next year.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M2 View Post
    The thing that stood out to me was how bad the 76ers were. The Celtics had the luxury of Kyrie laying bricks, Horford barely shooting at all and throwing extra minutes at a subpar Hayward because they were in zero danger of losing that game. Tatum, Brown and even Marcus Morris had their way with that team. They didn't even bother shifting into high gear. Completely unnecessary.

I love Simmons, but (per what you noted) all another team has to do is foul him late in a close game to shut him down. Covington can't shoot if you make him move his feet. Saric kind of recedes into the woodwork against a team with some perimeter defense. Then there's Fultz, who keeps convincing me he needs to be the main option for the Wilmington 87ers.

I don't get what they're doing. It's like they're perfectly fine punting this season.
    There's no punting of this season at all. In fact, both Kingspoint, along with Reggie Miller during last night's broadcast, have already outlined the plan. There is nothing wrong at all with Redick coming off the bench in the first half and starting the second - Think Kevin McHale and Thurl Bailey BITD. And what you're seeing from the 76ers bench-wise is nothing like what you'll see once key bench elements are healthy, such as Wilson Chandler and Mike Muscala (C'mon, Amir Johnson is a third big at best) and Zaire Smith, already a better defender than the rookie he was traded for (along with Miami's '21 first).

Doom-and-gloom 76ers prognostications after one game instead of 30-40 games in what amounts to Fultz's rookie season with several key bench elements injured currently, seriously?
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    There's no punting of this season at all. In fact, both Kingspoint, along with Reggie Miller during last night's broadcast, have already outlined the plan. There is nothing wrong at all with Redick coming off the bench in the first half and starting the second - Think Kevin McHale and Thurl Bailey BITD. And what you're seeing from the 76ers bench-wise is nothing like what you'll see once key bench elements are healthy, such as Wilson Chandler and Mike Muscala (C'mon, Amir Johnson is a third big at best) and Zaire Smith, already a better defender than the rookie he was traded for (along with Miami's '21 first).

Doom-and-gloom 76ers prognostications after one game instead of 30-40 games in what amounts to Fultz's rookie season with several key bench elements injured currently, seriously?
    I didn't like their entire summer. Not sure they've done one right thing since the season ended. I don't think they'll be terrible, but I do think they're a bit worse. It's a shame, because their future is now. Or at least it could have been. Without a dramatic upgrade (e.g. all-star level talent), I'm low on their season amounting to anything more than "made the playoffs."

And Fultz was the worst player on the floor last night. I'm not sure why this team is waiting on anyone and I'm doubly confused why it's waiting for him.

But he scores like a man.
    I thought he scored like Kobe.
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

8. Likes:

M2 (Today)

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

I didn't like their entire summer. Not sure they've done one right thing since the season ended. I don't think they'll be terrible, but I do think they're a bit worse. It's a shame, because their future is now. Or at least it could have been. Without a dramatic upgrade (e.g. all-star level talent), I'm low on their season amounting to anything more than "made the playoffs."

And Fultz was the worst player on the floor last night. I'm not sure why this team is waiting on anyone and I'm doubly confused why it's waiting for him.
    I'm still convinced that they did the right thing on draft day, continuing to operate under the premise of what's good for the franchise long-term regardless of the health concerns of Embiid et all; I'm not going to budge there...That said, operating under the aforementioned premise and adding more veteran help aren't mutually exclusive at all, and it's fair to suggest that dealing for Chandler and Muscala shouldn't have been the end in that regard. I'm still baffled that Indiana was able to nab Tyreke Evans, Doug McBuckets and Kyle O'Quinn in non-financially prohibitive fashion; attacking their Achilles heel (so-so bench overall) from last season (with this type of bench production last season, no way the Pacers would've been a first round casualty) with players that the 76ers could've easily signed.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1)Morning people
    2)Normal people

10. Likes:

M2 (Today)

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    I'm still convinced that they did the right thing on draft day, continuing to operate under the premise of what's good for the franchise long-term regardless of the health concerns of Embiid et all; I'm not going to budge there...That said, operating under the aforementioned premise and adding more veteran help aren't mutually exclusive at all, and it's fair to suggest that dealing for Chandler and Muscala shouldn't have been the end in that regard. I'm still baffled that Indiana was able to nab Tyreke Evans, Doug McBuckets and Kyle O'Quinn in non-financially prohibitive fashion; attacking their Achilles heel (so-so bench overall) from last season (with this type of bench production last season, no way the Pacers would've been a first round casualty) with players that the 76ers could've easily signed.
    That's what I'm talking about. Philly also had money to spend and assets to move for a real difference maker.

12. Likes:

Revering4Blue (Today)

Cavs didn’t look terrible. Osman seems to have made a jump.

Wow, just noticed the Pelicans beat up the Rockets, 131-112. Elfrid Payton, 10-10-10.

Kemba Walker in the shop window with 41 points in a close loss to the Bucks.

The Pacers mounted the Grizzlies on their wall, 111-83.

Kawhi went 24-12 in his first game with Toronto.

Turn Off Ads?