Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: 2018-19 Euro soccer thread

Re: 2018-19 Euro soccer thread

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That play from Alexander-Arnold on the quick kick corner and Origi being ready for it is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. Especially given the moment and the stakes.
    Exactly. So heads up and to happen in that moment with that on the line is beyond stunning.

2. Turn Off Ads?

There are few words for that. The shear force of will from that Liverpool side was unreal to watch.

Trophies matter and they may not win one this season but last night was something special and I'm overjoyed to be a supporter no matter what happens on Sunday or June 1.

I had avoided any media all day and when I was about three quarters of the way home a text came in saying what an amazing win by Liverpool. And it came from someone I never hear from who I didn't even know was a fan. I still watched and it was fun, but I didn't get to experience it the way y'all did. Bummer.

I think Ajax is going to take the whole thing. They just have that look of a team destined to win.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I had avoided any media all day and when I was about three quarters of the way home a text came in saying what an amazing win by Liverpool. And it came from someone I never hear from who I didn't even know was a fan. I still watched and it was fun, but I didn't get to experience it the way y'all did. Bummer.

I think Ajax is going to take the whole thing. They just have that look of a team destined to win.
    I hope Ajax advance today because I think it would make for a ridiculously fun final match. For me a little bit of shine of the CL is taken away when two teams that already play each other multiple times a year play. Then again City v Tottenham lived up to the hype so who knows.

Liverpool would be favored either way and that will have me extremely nervous. Much prefer the underdog position.

Quote Originally Posted by schmidty622 View Post
    I hope Ajax advance today because I think it would make for a ridiculously fun final match. For me a little bit of shine of the CL is taken away when two teams that already play each other multiple times a year play. Then again City v Tottenham lived up to the hype so who knows.

Liverpool would be favored either way and that will have me extremely nervous. Much prefer the underdog position.
    I watch a lot more English football than other leagues, so I'm kind of rooting for the Liverpool v. Spurs Champions League final and the Arsenal vs. Chelsea Europa League Final for the novelty of it. I really have enjoyed watching Ajax (and I hate Spurs) so I'm not going to be mad if Ajax advances.

7. Likes:

schmidty622 (05-08-2019)

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    I watch a lot more English football than other leagues, so I'm kind of rooting for the Liverpool v. Spurs Champions League final and the Arsenal vs. Chelsea Europa League Final for the novelty of it. I really have enjoyed watching Ajax (and I hate Spurs) so I'm not going to be mad if Ajax advances.
    I can see that POV. Ajax has been so so fun to watch though that I think I want them to see it through because that team is going to be dismantled over the summer. Maybe with a Mr. de Ligt coming to Anfield??? (Not a chance lol)

I’m not sure how you top what has happened the last 2 days in the champions league! Unreal drama and incredible soccer.

10. Likes:

Betterread (05-12-2019),IslandRed (05-09-2019)

Snooze fest for the final with 2 teams that play multiple times a year. Tottenham’s comeback was more surprising than Liverpool’s. For 3 halves, Ajax didn’t look at all challenged by the spurs. It looked like a mismatch. Unreal how quickly things can change.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Snooze fest for the final with 2 teams that play multiple times a year. Tottenham’s comeback was more surprising than Liverpool’s. For 3 halves, Ajax didn’t look at all challenged by the spurs. It looked like a mismatch. Unreal how quickly things can change.
    The excitement would be Tottenham trying to win their first-ever Champions League.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

13. Likes:

Betterread (05-10-2019)

I am thrilled at the EPL matchup for the champions league. Both teams showed great resiliency, belief and skill in their progression to the final. So glad PSG, Juve, Man City or Bayern failed once again to win Europe.

For those who watched the Sunderland documentary, they play today at 2:30 in the playoff game for promotion to the Championship. You can watch it streaming on ESPN+.

16. Likes:

M2 (05-11-2019)

For those who watched the Sunderland documentary, they play today at 2:30 in the playoff game for promotion to the Championship. You can watch it streaming on ESPN+.
    They won 1-0.

ManCity win EPL second year in row under Pep. Mahrez had a glorious strike for one of the four goals they scored. They play beautiful football. Maybe the EPL’s best-ever, but how are they British? More like an international corporation. Only Brits on the squad are Sterling, Stones and Walker, as far as I can recall.
    Liverpool 2nd, Chelsea 3rd, Spurs 4th. All go to Europe Champs League.
    Relegated Cardiff beat Man U in Old Trafford!
    Last edited by Betterread; 05-12-2019 at 12:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    ManCity win EPL second year in row under Pep. Mahrez had a glorious strike for one of the four goals they scored. They play beautiful football. Maybe the EPL’s best-ever, but how are they British? More like an international corporation. Only Brits on the squad are Sterling, Stones and Walker, as far as I can recall.
    Liverpool 2nd, Chelsea 3rd, Spurs 4th. All go to Europe Champs League.
    Relegated Cardiff beat Man U in Old Trafford!
    If you're British, you're getting relegated. Tottenham's probably the most British team of the top six (maybe ManU) and they play continental football. Wolves came in as a promoted team and finished 7th by being furiously Portuguese.

Things got interesting there for a minute (literally) when Brighton scored the opener. City has just too much attacking power though. I mean they had Sane and KDB on the bench!

That was a fun EPL season though. Hard to believe 97 points isn't good enough to win the league, but I don't think Liverpool is going anywhere either.

21. Likes:

M2 (05-12-2019)

Turn Off Ads?