Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Minor League Games of 7/14/2018

Minor League Games of 7/14/2018

AAA - Louisville - Nicolino starting (yawn)
    AA Pensacola - Wright starting (yawn)
    High A Daytona - Antone starting (semi-yawn)
    Low A Dayton - McGuff (The Crime Dog) starting. He's the guy we picked up from Association Ball. My question is how/why did this guy get released? Last year in Midwest League he posted a 2.77 ERA. With 1 strikeout per inning and a 53/19 k/w ratio. He's been a reliever in the past.
    Rookie Greeneville - Heatherly (Wild Thing) starting
    Rookie Billings - Solomon starting. 1.00 ERA
    Az - Some young guy starting.

Saw a Tweet from Rookie Davis that he's leaving Az and getting back to what he loves, so he should show up somwhere soon.
    Bud Selig: "I'm the worst commissioner ever"
    Rob Manfred: "Hold my beer"

https://redsintelligence.com/smforum/index.php

2. Likes:

BillDoran (07-14-2018)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Minor League Games of 7/14/2018

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    Saw a Tweet from Rookie Davis that he's leaving Az and getting back to what he loves, so he should show up somwhere soon.
    Maybe I'm the only one that missed this, but it appears Rookie started a game in the AZL; 4 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 4 K, 1 BB.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Maybe I'm the only one that missed this, but it appears Rookie started a game in the AZL; 4 IP, 0 R, 0 H, 4 K, 1 BB.
    he had at least one other

Seems like Robert Stephenson skipped a turn.

Bailey pitched in his spot yesterday, but today it’s Nicolino.

Anyone?

Greenville wins 12-6.

India 3-5, 2 R, 3B, 4 RBI. after his 0-12 start he has his average up to .250
    Siani 1-4, 2B, BB, RBI
    Willems 2-5, 2 2B, BB, 2 RBI
    Thomas 1-5, R, 2B
    Hunter 1-3, 2 R
    Ozuna 1-4, R, BB
    Rey 1-5, R, RBI
    Hernandez 2-2, 4 R, 2 BB, 2 RBI
    Tello 1-4, 2 RBI

Heatherly 4 IP, 6 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
    Nova 2 IP, K
    Bono 0.1 IP, H, 2 R, ER, 2 BB, K
    Cachutt 1.2 IP, H, BB, K
    Schneider 1 IP, H, R
    Last edited by corkedbat; 07-14-2018 at 10:18 PM.

India has a three-hit game going with a triple. Miguel Hernandez earned two hits and two BBs. That's good to see, as he'd struggled with plate discipline for a couple of weeks previous. Greeneville's in control, 12-5.

Billings trails in the fifth, 5-3. It was not Jared Solomon's night. Four earned in 4.1 IP.

In AAA, Phil Ervin had a couple of hits and his BA has climbed from respectable to interesting. That hit tool's always been his bugaboo. If he's found something, Ervin could be a solid addition to the parent club. Louisville lost, though, 6-3.

Daniel Wright pitched well enough to win, but Mississippi walked it off in the bottom of the 10th, 2-1. Jose Siri had two of Pensacola's six hits. He's up to .210 after tonight's game.

Not to be outdone, newly signed from independent ball, Patrick McGuff threw five shutout innings, winning his first Red start, 1-0. Andy Sugilio had a couple of hits and has seen his BA jump 10 points over the past 10 days. Two hits in each of his last three games.

Daytona won in the bottom of the 9th via a bases loaded HBP, 6-5. 16 hits for the Tortugas. Michael Beltre and Stuart Fairchild had three hits apiece. That's good to see, especially for the struggling Fairchild.

9. Likes:

Tom Servo (07-14-2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Seems like Robert Stephenson skipped a turn.

Bailey pitched in his spot yesterday, but today it’s Nicolino.

Anyone?
    Technically he hasn't been skipped, they just haven't lined him up for a start yet out of the All-Star Break. It's been Reed, Bailey, Nicolino, and Lopez is schedule tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Hernandez 2-2, 4 R, 2 BB, 2 RBI
    19-year-old Venezuelan shortstop is flying under the radar a bit, I might start a thread on Miguel in a little bit.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

No love for Friedl of Pensacola?

Down 1-0, bottom of the 9th, he delivers a Pinch-hit game-tying Double before scoring the game-winning run moments later.

Wanted to get the local flavor on the moment, so I look up the Pensacola News Journal. Turns out they only write one per week on the team. Disgusting!
    "One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Low A Dayton - McGuff (The Crime Dog) starting. He's the guy we picked up from Association Ball. My question is how/why did this guy get released? Last year in Midwest League he posted a 2.77 ERA. With 1 strikeout per inning and a 53/19 k/w ratio. He's been a reliever in the past.

Saw McGuff pitch twice in the Frontier league and after watching him and seeing his stats from the last two years I was wondering how he got cut from affiliated baseball.

Turn Off Ads?