Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 222829303132

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Re: Ohio State Football - 2018

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    My friend had sex with a coworker in an empty office at work last year. The CEO should be fired.

Think about how absolutely ridiculous that statement is.
    Does your friend report directly to the CEO? Because if so, it's very different than if your friend reports to a different manger, who reports to another manager, who reports to another manager, who then reports to the CEO.

And if your friend has nothing else "not office worthy" on their resume, then no, maybe they shouldn't get fired - though maybe they should because that's completely not appropriate for a workplace. But if your friend also has a list of other infractions? Yeah, maybe someone above them should be fired for allowing that person to stick around.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    McMurphy is a desperate man. Not sure on the source of a vendetta, but he clearly has demonstrated that he is willing to sink as low as necessary to destroy lives. Funny thing happens to those who start on a path of destroying others. McMurphy better be checking his skeletons and get them a little more securely tucked away, because someone will be searching his closet when all this is done and old news.
    Take an impartial look on Twitter. Aside from those heavily biased on either side, you can see McMurphy has overplayed his hand and the public tide is turning on him. Being that this is frankly a public relations issue at this point, I do think it helps Urban.

I’m honestly stunned anyone in this thread is giving this any credence beyond the TMZ crap it is from a desperate reporter.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    So we are coupling sex toys with the DV issue? Just want to make sure we are on the same page.
    We are coupling the "keeping Zach Smith employed" issue. Anything that he's done that falls into the "should we keep a person who has this kind of behavior employed" bucket is being coupled. The sex toys. The sex in the offices. The domestic violence. And if that picture of his little friend happened while he was on a work venture, then that should be tossed in as well. Just like you'd couple "Frank shows up late to work" with "Frank is taking home pens and reems of paper" with "Frank called Debra a fine piece of woman" together when determining if both Frank, and Frank's direct boss should be employed at any other work place.

6. Likes:

dubc47834 (Today)

Ok, so if an employee at a state school has consensual sex in his office and 3 years later this information is found out by the university....everyone in management should be fired?

What are you talking about?
    Where did I say everyone should be fired? And it's up to the institution- if they say it's ok to have sex in the office, fine. Or, they may say it's ok to have sex in the office but not with staff or with anyone that reports to you. You tell me. But I'm guessing most places frown on that behavior. Just go home and have sex, or a motel. Heck, I don't even dare to talk about guns, dogs, religion, or politics at work, let alone have sex in someone's office.

Quote Originally Posted by BernieCarbo View Post
    What is ridiculous is that you came up with something that was nothing like what was described. For one thing, does your friend report to the CEO? Is he well enough known by the company's customers that his behavior would negatively impact the company? Did he take photographs and distribute them?

I'm not even saying that Urban should be fired. The board will determine if he knew of this behavior, and if he encouraged this kind of culture. Your friend notwithstanding, if you think that institutions aren't gun-shy about employees having sex and relationships at the workplace, even to the extent that someone might think they were not promoted because someone else "put out", I don't know what to say. Again, this is 2018.
    Yes, I understand if he boned a woman at the office and told everyone at the office including management he would be fired. My point was that if management and nobody knows about it they aren’t at fault.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

What is ridiculous is that you came up with something that was nothing like what was described. For one thing, does your friend report to the CEO? Is he well enough known by the company's customers that his behavior would negatively impact the company? Did he take photographs and distribute them?

I'm not even saying that Urban should be fired. The board will determine if he knew of this behavior, and if he encouraged this kind of culture. Your friend notwithstanding, if you think that institutions aren't gun-shy about employees having sex and relationships at the workplace, even to the extent that someone might think they were not promoted because someone else "put out", I don't know what to say. Again, this is 2018.
    I’m sure employees have had sex at the Apple Campus, but I’m not calling for Tim Cook’s head over it. Nor do I suspect he personally knew about it and looked the other way. And yes I’m fully aware it’s 2018, no further reminders needed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    We are coupling the "keeping Zach Smith employed" issue. Anything that he's done that falls into the "should we keep a person who has this kind of behavior employed" bucket is being coupled. The sex toys. The sex in the offices. The domestic violence. And if that picture of his little friend happened while he was on a work venture, then that should be tossed in as well. Just like you'd couple "Frank shows up late to work" with "Frank is taking home pens and reems of paper" with "Frank called Debra a fine piece of woman" together when determining if both Frank, and Frank's direct boss should be employed at any other work place.
    Do you have any knowledge that anyone (at OSU) other than Zach or his lover knew about this stuff?

Yes, I understand if he boned a woman at the office and told everyone at the office including management he would be fired. My point was that if management and nobody knows about it they aren’t at fault.
    Well yeah, unless they provided a culture where everyone knew it would be acceptable. I didn't say anywhere that anyone should be fired. But the board will use this information to see if it Urban looked away from other behaviors beyond the DV.

Do you have any knowledge that anyone (at OSU) other than Zach or his lover knew about this stuff?
    What I'm saying is that IF they knew about it, then someone other than Zach Smith needs to be looked at in terms of their job status.

12. Likes:

BernieCarbo (Today),dubc47834 (Today)

I’m sure employees have had sex at the Apple Campus, but I’m not calling for Tim Cook’s head over it.
    How about if Tim Cook knew it and turned the other way, and then photos got out, and then customers canceled orders? You think the board of directors might want to have a meeting with him? That's all I'm saying will happen.

I’m sure employees have had sex at the Apple Campus, but I’m not calling for Tim Cook’s head over it. Nor do I suspect he personally knew about it and looked the other way. And yes I’m fully aware it’s 2018, no further reminders needed.
    I don't know why you keep trying to compare some random employees having sex to firing a CEO, to a guy directly reporting to Urban Meyer as the same thing. It's not. If the Apple CFO was having sex in his office, then yes, maybe we need to look at Tim Cook and ask what he knew. If the guy writing the code for the latest iOS update is doing it, then no, you don't look at Tim Cook. You look at whoever that coder's boss is and ask "what's going on here?"

What I'm saying is that IF they knew about it, then someone other than Zach Smith needs to be looked at in terms of their job status.
    Wait until you have proof they knew about it before reporting it then.

- - - Updated - - -

How about if Tim Cook knew it and turned the other way, and then photos got out, and then customers canceled orders? You think the board of directors might want to have a meeting with him? That's all I'm saying will happen.
    Ditto.

Wait until you have proof they knew about it before reporting it then.
    Did he report that someone knew about it, or that it happened? Frankly, I don't think it matters as long as he's not reporting that someone knew about it when there's proof that they didn't. Reporting that those things did happen are valuable to the story of "what the heck was happening at Ohio State".

Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar

Did he report that someone knew about it, or that it happened? Frankly, I don't think it matters as long as he's not reporting that someone knew about it when there's proof that they didn't. Reporting that those things did happen are valuable to the story of "what the heck was happening at Ohio State".
    It is a huge stretch to take this salacious material and jump to "culture" issues without more than an assistant coach's dirty laundry.

I would say McMurphy is going to find more trouble from this hail mary than OSU and Meyer.
    Can't win with 'em

Can't win without 'em

Turn Off Ads?