Turn Off Ads?
Page 55 of 55 FirstFirst ... 5455152535455
Results 811 to 821 of 821

Thread: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

  1. #811
    Kentuckian At Heart WVRed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Mid Ohio Valley
    Posts
    8,486

    Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #812
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    2,674

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Garbage. At least this time most everyone seems to realize this guy is a desperate hack and this “article” is pure crap.

    Urban just said on the Big Ten conference call they are looking into legal action.

  4. #813
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,826

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    This story is clearly BS, itís incredible McMurphy would destroy his credibility with this story.

    I hope OSU sues the **** out of him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  5. Likes:

    dubc47834 (Today)

  6. #814
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Time to move on...enough is enough.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  7. Likes:

    dubc47834 (Today)

  8. #815
    Daffy Duck RedTeamGo!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    10,826

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Time to move on...enough is enough.
    Move on from who?

    This story is absurd. Every player on OSU at the time has come out and said it’s total BS. The source of this story is the estranged father of the WR in question (Trevon Grimes) who a year ago said publicly not to listen to his father and he wants nothing to do with his father, a felon. Grimes moved back to Florida to be closer to his mother who was going through cancer treatment. McMurphy needs to be held accountable, and it sounds like OSU is going to sue him.
    What would you say.....ya do here?

  9. Likes:

    dubc47834 (Today)

  10. #816
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,069

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Move on from who?

    This story is absurd. Every player on OSU at the time has come out and said it’s total BS. The source of this story is the estranged father of the WR in question (Trevon Grimes) who a year ago said publicly not to listen to his father and he wants nothing to do with his father, a felon. Grimes moved back to Florida to be closer to his mother who was going through cancer treatment. McMurphy needs to be held accountable, and it sounds like OSU is going to sue him.
    The reporters....the people digging, scratching, and clawing. Urban is the coach....time to play football.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  11. Likes:

    dubc47834 (Today)

  12. #817
    Unsolicited Opinions traderumor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Right Down Broadway
    Posts
    19,564

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    The personal information about Trevor's mom has apparently resulted in her being fired. McMurphy has established one fact: there are some folks with character issues that are associated in various forms with the football program. In other news, the sun rose in the East today. Great investigative reporting!
    Can't win with 'em

    Can't win without 'em

  13. #818
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    11,896

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Does it surprise anyone that McMurphy released this type of report? The guy is working at Stadium, he got Smith fired and Urban suspended for three games, and also brought OSU's program down for a couple of months in the summer. Its a big feather in the cap of a guy who is working for Stadium now. I think this latest report pretty much blows up any ounce of respectability that he once had. ESPN ran with his original reporting, even with all the flaws in it. Now no one will touch this report, he is toxic.

    In other related news, Zach Smith went scorched earth on Tom Hermann. It was sad, yet somewhat entertaining. I got me to thinking, if you are Tom Hermann, and you know who Smith is, and you are alleged to be the source to McMurphy, did you not expect any backlash from Zach? If you had skeletons in the past, you may not have wanted to be the guy who threw Smith under the bus.

  14. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (11-14-2018),HeatherC1212 (11-14-2018),Revering4Blue (Today)

  15. #819
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,229

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Move on from who?

    This story is absurd. Every player on OSU at the time has come out and said it’s total BS. The source of this story is the estranged father of the WR in question (Trevon Grimes) who a year ago said publicly not to listen to his father and he wants nothing to do with his father, a felon. Grimes moved back to Florida to be closer to his mother who was going through cancer treatment. McMurphy needs to be held accountable, and it sounds like OSU is going to sue him.
    I mean, Urban faked a heart attack to get out at Florida so it's not a stretch to believe the stories coming out of Columbus.

  16. Likes:

    redhawkfish (Today)

  17. #820
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    391

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    I mean, Urban faked a heart attack to get out at Florida so it's not a stretch to believe the stories coming out of Columbus.
    Who knows what happened when Urban left Florida, but there is only one person making this allegation, and heís an incredible unreliable source, as even his son says not to trust him. There is absolutely no reason to believe this story


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #821
    Did we just become BFF's dubc47834's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Terre Haute, In
    Posts
    1,820

    Re: Ohio State Football - 2018 (Pre-Season and Urban Meyer controversy)

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Does it surprise anyone that McMurphy released this type of report? The guy is working at Stadium, he got Smith fired and Urban suspended for three games, and also brought OSU's program down for a couple of months in the summer. Its a big feather in the cap of a guy who is working for Stadium now. I think this latest report pretty much blows up any ounce of respectability that he once had. ESPN ran with his original reporting, even with all the flaws in it. Now no one will touch this report, he is toxic.

    In other related news, Zach Smith went scorched earth on Tom Hermann. It was sad, yet somewhat entertaining. I got me to thinking, if you are Tom Hermann, and you know who Smith is, and you are alleged to be the source to McMurphy, did you not expect any backlash from Zach? If you had skeletons in the past, you may not have wanted to be the guy who threw Smith under the bus.
    Smith got himself fired, I agree with the rest of this!!!
    I'm out...like a fat kid in dodgeball


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | JaxRed | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | RedsfaninMT | The Operator