Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23

Thread: All Things Boilermaker

  1. #1
    Member DatRedsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Jasonville, IN
    Posts
    300

    All Things Boilermaker

    Please tell me I'm not the ONLY Purdue fan on the board??? I know there are a few of those other Indiana school fans here and probably a boat load of Nuts but can't wait for the 2nd season of Coach Brohm!

  2. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (07-23-2018),Donder (07-19-2018)

  3. Turn Off Ads?
  4. #2
    Member Donder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Hartford City, IN
    Posts
    1,435

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by DatRedsFan View Post
    Please tell me I'm not the ONLY Purdue fan on the board??? I know there are a few of those other Indiana school fans here and probably a boat load of Nuts but can't wait for the 2nd season of Coach Brohm!
    You are not alone. However Iím not a football guy. Purdue basketball is really the only sports team I follow in addition to the Reds.

  5. Likes:

    DatRedsFan (07-19-2018)

  6. #3
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Purdue has a football team?

    Funny story, I was helping a buddy of mine move years ago during the OSU vs Purdue game. My buddy's in laws are Purdue grads and football fans. Purdue was beating OSU in a game they had no business winning. I pretty much gave up hope and they started the ragging more and more. I pretty much had given up on the game as Braxton was out and Kenny Guiton was in at QB. Well we all know what happened, and as the game was ending, my wife peaked her head around the corner and asked my buddies in laws why they were so quiet?

  7. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    I appreciate you guys keeping Brohm occupied until Louisville needs him back.

  8. #5
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Not a Boiler fan, but I follow them as several family members are Purdue grads.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  9. #6
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I appreciate you guys keeping Brohm occupied until Louisville needs him back.
    I think Brohm is after bigger things than Lousiville. Boiler up!!!!!
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  10. #7
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I think Brohm is after bigger things than Lousiville. Boiler up!!!!!
    I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville. They play in a fiscally better conference, and play in a far weaker division. Their biggest issue is recruiting grounds, Indiana isn't exactly a hot bed of football, and the good players are being recruited by the blue blood programs.

    If Brohm is successful, I think his next step is a blue blood program.

  11. #8
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville. They play in a fiscally better conference, and play in a far weaker division. Their biggest issue is recruiting grounds, Indiana isn't exactly a hot bed of football, and the good players are being recruited by the blue blood programs.

    If Brohm is successful, I think his next step is a blue blood program.
    Agree with everything you said there. And on a side side note Purdue needs to win those recruiting battles like they once did for in-state talent(minus ND).
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  12. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I think, Purdue has the potential to be a better job than Louisville.
    It's got the potential to be. For whatever reason,it just really hasn't been for close to the last 30 years.

    That said, I really like Jeff (and the whole Brohm family) and hope he has tons of success at Purdue. I'd be happy to see Purdue competing for Big Ten titles.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 08-21-2018 at 05:22 PM.

  13. #10
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's got the potential to be. For whatever reason,it just really hasn't been for close to the last 30 years.

    That said, I really like Jeff (and the whole Brohm family) and hope he has tons of success at Purdue. I'd be happy to see Purdue competing for Big Ten titles.
    And Joe Tiller says "Hello".
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  14. Likes:

    Hoosier Red (10-26-2018),redsfanmia (08-24-2018)

  15. #11
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    It's got the potential to be. For whatever reason,it just really hasn't been for close to the last 30 years.

    That said, I really like Jeff (and the whole Brohm family) and hope he has tons of success at Purdue. I'd be happy to see Purdue competing for Big Ten titles.
    Purdue is in a tough recruiting spot. In order to win you need a really good coach who gives you an advantage over most teams you play. They are going to struggle to bring in top notch local talent, and Indiana is not exactly a hot bed of recruiting. They MUST own the guys that ND and OSU don't go after in Indiana, and even in the surrounding states. They need to get the top tier guys who would go to UC or even IU.

    But I think it goes back to the idea that Purdue is not going to be able to line up and beat you playing traditional football. But they can be very competitive with a coach who realizes that and has a better scheme.

  16. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (08-22-2018)

  17. #12
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Purdue is in a tough recruiting spot. In order to win you need a really good coach who gives you an advantage over most teams you play. They are going to struggle to bring in top notch local talent, and Indiana is not exactly a hot bed of recruiting. They MUST own the guys that ND and OSU don't go after in Indiana, and even in the surrounding states. They need to get the top tier guys who would go to UC or even IU.

    But I think it goes back to the idea that Purdue is not going to be able to line up and beat you playing traditional football. But they can be very competitive with a coach who realizes that and has a better scheme.
    Well I don't think Brohm will have any problems selling Purdue to recruits from any state once he gets his guys to campus.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  18. #13
    We are back! Assembly Hall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Warsaw, IN
    Posts
    2,201

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Brandon Newman, a 4*(so far), has committed to the Boilers. 6-4 SG from Valpo.
    ...and this one belongs to the Reds.

  19. Likes:

    Donder (09-21-2018)

  20. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Utilizing Catholic Moral Code
    Posts
    3,818

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    I appreciate you guys keeping Brohm occupied until Louisville needs him back.
    Unfortunately, I fear we're going to have to call him home sooner than anticipated. It's getting ugly for Bobby in Louisville.

  21. #15
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    12,029

    Re: All Things Boilermaker

    Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Unfortunately, I fear we're going to have to call him home sooner than anticipated. It's getting ugly for Bobby in Louisville.
    Is it foregone that he is going to UL?

    I think the B1G is a tougher conference in general, especially with The U and FSU dreadful. That said, the B1G West is winnable every year for a team like Purdue if they get rolling. They don't have to run the OSU, PSU, UM, and MSU gauntlet each and every season. Wisconsin is the premier divisional opponent and I think Brohm can build just as good of a program if not better that Wiscy.

    I don't know, I just don't see the appeal to UL as it stands right now.

  22. Likes:

    Assembly Hall (10-24-2018),RedTeamGo! (10-24-2018),Revering4Blue (10-24-2018)


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | cumberlandreds | Gallen5862 | Plus Plus | Powel Crosley | RedlegJake | The Operator